Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:48 PM
Default I think this belongs here
because it isn't a technical issue or problem, so much as a question about a folder. In my Sims 3 folder, I have my mods/packages folder. No problem. I recently noticed I have another folder in the same directory called installed/launcher, which has duplicates of everything that is in my mods folder, sans the lovingly created folder tree of organization lol.

Where did this folder come from? Was it always there, and do I need it? I would just as soon NOT have all my cc on my hard drive twice if it is not necessary, but if it is, I 'll leave well enough alone.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 1:48 AM
hm...i do not have this folder...i have all ex...sp and patched fully....the only 1 i have close to that is installed worlds....

is your game downloaded or from a disk/s?
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 6:51 PM
Until recently I didnt have any dupicate stuff in the game but now I have. I have only made 2 changes: 1. Installed granthes custom launcher and 2. Installed new stuff (from the original launcher) but with the admin profile. So im guessing either one of these 2 are to blame.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:21 PM
I don't use it personally but from anything I've read, it's Granthes custom launcher that adds the launcher folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:38 PM
Okay, I did dl Granthes launcher to try it out, and then uninstalled it, so I think you guys are right. So theoretically it should be safe to delete, since I am no longer using the launcher. Thanks guys. I had that suspicion, but I didn't want to delete it and then totally bork my game lol.