Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 6:59 AM
CEP & University Compliant Recolours
Hi folks,

as usual I hope I am posting in the correct area (still not used to using forums) anyway big question....I saw in a yahoo group that someone has mentioned; now that we are all making our recolours University Compliant that we no longer need to use the CEP.......doesn't quite sound right to me; but is this a correct statement....if it is and has been posted somewhere in the forum could you please let me know as I have searched all over the place and can't find anything pertaining to this subject....either that or I am having a blonde moment...lol :confused:

thanks in advance :D
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 8:28 AM
I haven't heard that myself, but I await a more knowledgeable reply with interest
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 8:34 AM
THere is a huge thread in Chit Chat started by Braveheart that talks about making current recolors EP compliant with the use of the *Integrity Fix* in SimPe. I have not read anywhere that CEP is no longer required. In fact, I am certain that I keep seeing it mentioned hand in hand with new recolors and new meshed objects.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 4:11 PM
I also read about this somewhere, although I don't remember where.

But, it does make sense, if you consider what we do know:

1} Older object recolours have to be updated to work with the new expansion pack - why? Obviously because Maxis is making changes to ALL the objects in the game, in the way that recolours are handled.

2} Maxis is going to be releasing their own object Recolouring program (similar to the HomeCrafter) - this would explain the cahnges to the objects, because they are most likely going to colour-enable all of them, including the ones from the original game that were not colour-enabled.

3} The CEP package does only one thing, it enables original objects that were not color-enabled to be recolored - so if Maxis makes all the objects re-colorable, there will be no need for it, right?

Of course the game is not out yet, but we will find out in a few weeks.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 10:52 PM
CEP is still required for the time being. Maxis has said they were going to be releasing a recoloring tool, but I wouldn't remove the CEP files, if I were you.

Objects were updated - to incorporate pie menu choices for the new young adult age group.