Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 1:11 PM
theres some stuff that people havent mentioned, i dont know if thats cuz it doesnt work with cc or something, so here goes....
1 you can delete uniform teplates without a cheat, click the uniform template icon on the uniform screen, click on the offending uniform and then click the trash can icon near the bottom right.
2 i dont know if cc has an effect but i had the problem before i even knew about cheats or cc. the templates would make an exact copy of the first sim and if i touched any hair option facial hair, glasses, ect would change

well ya im still a noob when it comes to cc but ya, hoped i helped.
That Other Guy signing off.... :howdy:
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 14th May 2009 at 2:48 AM
ooo this is my most hated bug.

I even emailed EA"s tech help a year or 2 ago just for the hell of it. I told them that this is a known bug and alot of people are experiencing this, and all he told me was to reinstall the game... +_+
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:27 PM
I hate this! I have all the EPs and need 1 more Stuff pack (Maybe SP?),and it changes everything but the hair color. They lose eyebrows, makeup, and glasses/whatnot. I can't stand it. My employees all look REALLY dumb.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 1:01 PM
Ugh! Sorry if this thread is totally did but this is really knacking me off. I have Sims that don't have ANY cc on them and they still lose their eyebrows etc. when wearing uniform and I even tried changing eyebrows in a mirror but to no avail. Perhaps if the entire community sent a bulk email to Maxis saying about it?
Instructor
#30 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:13 PM
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but is there, after all these years STILL no fix for this bug? This should be addressed to... Someone! Surely someone must know how to solve or go around this? It's so frustrating. "Just don't use uniforms" is not on my agenda. I paid for all the Sims 2 EPs and SPs back in the day, and now that I have the ultimate collection I expect to be able to use the uniforms. I do recall it not happening back when I only had OFB and NL. I think it started around Pets.

It's been 52 months. Is there literally no solution? I've looked everywhere on the web!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:26 PM
Well since I don't use them I have never had the problem but I remember reading either at MATY, Simbology or InSim about a fix for it.

Both Simbology and InSim still have nice players but I would never ask at MATY for anything.

Oh by the way when a thread is this old I think you should have made a new post about it and link to this old post.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:29 PM
There is a fix and the person who found it (Liv Lukas aka Jessa?) made a thread about it but that's all I remember. I didn't even have OFB when she started the thread so I wasn't paying attention.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:32 PM
In this web post it says there is a work-around fix by Christialov and the download link still works. http://wcif-sims.livejournal.com/701358.html

I think we also have this at Simbology but have no time to go look for it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#34 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:35 PM
From what I understand this glitch happens to some people and not others, and to those that it happens to, it can't be fixed because it has to do with hard-coded parts of the program that we can't access to mod.

Read more in this thread.

For some people, Pescados ofbfixes does the trick, but not for everyone.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:46 PM
@gummilutt thanks for that was the thread I was thinking about.

It seems that players who have made there programs files for Sims 2 to read only and have the OFBfixes mod have fixed there problem.

Instructor
#36 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 5:21 PM
I might try some of these links a little bit later and see where it gets me. To every problem there is a cure or treatment in some way, so surely there is one to this issue as well.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:53 AM
Gussy Up does not work for me with this bug. I have an employee at my restaurant in Coral bay and not only his eyebrows vanished but also his freckles and the first time I set his uniform even his face morphed. When I tried Gussy up or change appearance at the mirror he would swirl back into his everyday wear.
I haven't yet tried the batbox as I didn't think of it at the time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 12:07 PM
The simbology thread mentions making objects.package read only and using ofbfixes. But they also theorized it had to be done from the start, before the glitch appears. It's a difficult problem to figure out, since it doesn't happen to everyone and we all have different setups. But it's nice to know that some people have fixed it, I thought it was un-fixable.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 12:36 PM
Windows 7 comes with all of those read only and I have had ofbfixes for ages.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#40 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:20 AM
Windows 7 LOOKS like it comes with all those folders set to read only already, but I did have to go in a change the actual folders myself. I think I set the Objects folders read-only separately from the main folders because for certain lighting mods and things you have to allow write access to part of the the files, and I was paranoid that I'd forget to make them read-only againand leave the game vulnerable. I don't remember the exact sequence, but I do remember thinking 'Thank God I checked!" and having the distinct feeling of relief that goes along with knowing you've dodged a metaphorical bullet.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#41 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:09 AM
Yeah, I have Windows 7 and I had to set everything to read only myself as well.

I also discovered that with lighting mods there's a sneakaround if you take the file out of the read only area and put it on your desktop, make the changes, then put it back. Then the changes will stick (although you might have to reset the file to read only).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:12 AM
Are you on 64bit? All the installation folders show as Read only, I figure that is enough?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#43 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you on 64bit? All the installation folders show as Read only, I figure that is enough?

Someone else asked me that exact question recently and I just stared blankly at them. XD I have no idea.

And the folders being read only does not necessarily equal the files inside being read only.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:23 AM
Check-mark in box means all. Filled box means partially. Although, I usually end up with filled box after trying to make all ready only, so I'm guessing some files can't be made read only. Either way, better safe than sorry when it comes to that stuff. (Aka right click EA Games folder (installation) and change the filled box to a check mark and let it re-do it)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:35 AM
Under properties the Read Only box is filled in on the objects folder, does that mean I should manually do the file inside as well?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:11 AM
it would be best to check, the folders aren't very important, the files are
Theorist
#47 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:21 AM
I am on 64 bit Windows 7, and yes, I had to set the actual file to Read Only. I would recommend doing so. Althoug if yo already have the uniform glitch, perhaps you could replace your Objects package first? If you didn't lock it before you got the glitch, it sounds like locking it after you have it won't help.

I've got the lighting fixes in that I want now ("mod" was the wrong word), but I was installing them way back when. I think I put everything back as it should be.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#48 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:37 AM
I'm a bit nervous about replacing the objects package. I would if I had some game breaking corruption, but since everything is working nicely, I'm loath to touch it. O_O I'll set the actual files to read only.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#49 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:39 AM
That seems fair. Put up with the glitch for now, and if you ever have to reinstall, you can prevent it. It's an annoyance, not a game-breaker.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Under properties the Read Only box is filled in on the objects folder, does that mean I should manually do the file inside as well?

Filled in doesn't mean that the files inside are read only. Ticked does.
Page 2 of 2