Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 5:28 PM
Default "Restock" option on sims...?
When I click sims in my first home business, there's an option saying "restock" but nothing happens when I click it. Is this from the original game, and not doing anything for some other reason? Should it be there...?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 5:40 PM
It will only do anything if items for sale need restocking. It's always there for sims from the household that own the business, but there's nothing for it to do when nothing's been sold yet, except wait around for a customer to pick something up and pounce on the restocking.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 5:45 PM
"Restock" on your Sims is an option for restocking shelves, if you have merchandise for sale. Perhaps your home business has no merchandise for sale yet, and needs to be set as such, then sold, before your Sims can restock those sold merchandise.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Then again, by 5 minutes, this board doesn't update that quickly, I guess.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:56 PM
When I saw the title I at first thought this was some sort of a glitch where you could "Restock" a Sim that has been sold out!

Setting the "Restock" option on a Sim is basically the same as assigning an employee to restock. As soon as there's something that's been sold out, they'll head towards it and restock it. If there isn't anything that needs tending to, they'll just walk around the store.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 11:09 PM
@d_dgjdhh it's to do with the code war between Classic and Bootstrap.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~