Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 1:04 AM
Share your Sim's Business Story
I feel it'd be quite entertaining to know how others' Sims rose to success in the small-business career.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 2:32 AM
I once got a level ten business for Jason Larson selling...wait for it...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
I once got a level ten business for Jason Larson selling...wait for it...

I'm probably the only one here that will understand this reference but

BRASON!

the irony of the owner's name is too much to handle

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:06 AM
When OFB released and I installed it (long time ago) I had one (and only one) business what I got to top rank. She was selling flowers... These what you put into flowerbeds when you decorate your yard. Later when I made any townie playable I found lots of flowers in their inventory.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:44 AM
Most of my business for my new hood are shown on my thread here: https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561271

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:58 AM
All of my attempts at a successful business have failed. Probably because my Sims had careers to attend to at day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:06 AM
You can juggle a job with a business, but it certainly is harder. Putting out the Simlogical institution sign while you focus some days on the business can be helpful.
The main thing with a new business is 'cheap prices= happy customers and happy customers= more stars.'

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:07 AM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 19th Oct 2015 at 4:18 AM.
Yeah, my business's are not about money. It's about stars. Get that ten, hire a manager, then worry about money

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:15 AM
If you get the stars the money takes care of itself, well unless you have hired a hoard of sims to run it and forgot to raise the prices.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 7:00 PM
My most successful business (level 4 - I'm more interested in giving Sims interesting and personality-relevant businesses that don't bankrupt them than creating the next business empire) was a Sim selling bowling alleys on the front lawn. Some Sims bought as many as three lanes on the same trip, which naturally made the owner quite rich, as well as justifying his lifelong obsession with games.

Another successful, if offbeat, business, sold piles of dirty laundry, lumps of mown grass, and other items that nobody needed but everyone seemed to want.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 8:30 PM
Adult Ivy Copur owns Ad Astra, a telescope store. Since telescopes start at about ยง500, she makes a tidy profit. Among her items for sale is garotinho's Teslescopio dos Verdinhos, which can be set for guaranteed abduction. I've made it into a lottery of sorts, in that any adult male Sim who winds up with this telescope in his inventory has to be abducted. Ivy is doing booming business, so while playing the store I often don't see who is buying the green telescope. I can't wait for my former mascot to get abducted next round!