Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 26th Oct 2015 at 8:17 PM.
Default Community Lot Businesses - Ownership and Employees
There are alot of threads related to what kind of business you can own and how you run them, but Im not sure if there are been much discussion about wnerships and employers. I started this thread because this is something Im not familiare with outside the vanilla way of doing it. I read all wiki/faq guides avaible, but sometimes thats not good enough to deal with this. Right now, I don't run many lot businesses because there are things Ive been thinking about lately. Like:

One of my sims owns a general store or a kiosk, a teen girl Royce, but recently got married into another family and will start a family soon.
Is it possible to change (temporary) ownerships with mods or cheats?
This community lot is 1x1 one floor lot with very few stocking stuff (clocking rack, one of those fridges you buy food from, games and magazines), so for this lot I don't really need to bother with employees and use the mods from Simbolical and Simwardrobe to keep customer at bay and when entering the lot, the business works quiet well on its own (instead of spawning npc's, I use small business that some of my sims own instead, its not a serious kind of business. I just set them up and let the sims handle them themself when entering the lots).

But Royce is going to start a family soon and Ive never liked the look where high pregnant sims dealing with customers (and it looks a bit silly), so its possible to switch her being the owner or having another household member run it? I know you can transfer a business to someone else the vanilla way, but are there any other tweaks to deal with this? I don't want Royce to run this business forever and its frustating to keep selling/buying the business if you want somebody else to run it later on.

The pesky little employees
I haven't started any community lot that require employers yet, but something I never liked are hiring random playable who will later complain, complain and complain about their job and wages after I hired them The only thing Im aware of is that you can make selectable either with Simbolical mods or with the cheats that can make the sim selectable - this works fine as far as their motive goes, but so-so with their wages. I only play playables who have quiet alot of badges and skills, so they would be a hard to please as their wage would be higher if they didn't have their skills and badges. How do you manage employers? With mods/cheats, can you use family members to help run it even when you not actually playing the lot, like when visiting?

Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 8:13 PM
I thought you just transferred the deed from one sim to another if you wanted to transfer ownership?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 8:19 PM
.....I think I wrote the thread little too fast.
I know you transfer the ownership, the deed to another, but have another member run in its owners place?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 8:34 PM
Florentzina, are you okay with installing a mod that allows you to hire members of your own household? If so, you could use it to hire a family member as a manager temporarily.

I've had very few employees, but they've all been playable, and only one has ever quit. This was because Gavin Newson was still in near-aspiration failure and couldn't take the stress of standing behind the register under the direction of Trent Traveller for more than an afternoon - and I'm inclined to see his point.

Anyway, hiring Fortune teen Ruby Gorey at Lily's House of Transformation worked spectacularly. The two were already friends, Ruby earned badges and made money and stayed platinum, and Lily was able to get help when she needed it. Most of the time when I ran her household, Lily and her husband Emilio ran the salon with no help. Ruby was only called in when things got hectic or Emilio couldn't come in for some reason. Most of Ruby's badges and money were earned when I took playables from other households to the salon, and she always fulfilled her duties well. Subsequent adult employees have performed less satisfactorily, but they were under the same routine and never once threatened to quit.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 8:39 PM
Ive no problem with any mods or objects as long it doesnt spawn npc (or off topic, genetics/food kind of stuff). The mods from Simwardrobe and Simlocial helped me to control the amount of customers and managing sales, but I don't know much about employees and managers (which is what I was trying to ask about. Royce can still "own" the place, but I want someone else to handle it in her place. When visiting the lot, it always the owner who pop up and handle the customers so I wanted to know if there are any mods that can tweak this).

(My English don't want to co-orperate today... )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 11:17 PM
Hire family members http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...cd&topic=7778.0 Just assign them to a job before your owner stops going to the business. I don't know that you can stop her showing up though. Maybe try a simlogical prisoner tag or the visitor controller. If you don't want the family member to leave in a car pool put out the simlogical institution sign.

Less Complaining: http://cyjon.net/node/122 Squinge also has a no complaining one.

Business runs you sign http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=3884.50 The sign allows your sim to open and close without walking over to the sign, you can also reassign worker and not have to go over to them and use management and you can also adjust their wage.

I also use a never quit mod because maybe it's a cheap place and workers get paid very little. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7315.0.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~