Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:39 PM
the ticket machine is posessed
where do you simmers put your ticket machines for venues? in front of the door? inside? which tile do you place it on? I have a lot with 4 ticket machines inside the lobby but a Sim always manages to sneak in with out paying
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macphisto75
where do you simmers put your ticket machines for venues? in front of the door? inside? which tile do you place it on? I have a lot with 4 ticket machines inside the lobby but a Sim always manages to sneak in with out paying

I put it outside the building (or enclosure, if it's an outdoor park of some kind) somewhere, not in any specific place. To my knowledge, no one's ever snuck in.

Are you sure that you've turned the machine(s) on? Also, I'm pretty sure you only need one. Maybe more than that confuses the issue?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Cheese678 : 8th Jan 2011 at 8:17 PM.
I'm sure you put it outside because if you put it inside then they'll easily be able to sneak in thinking the ticket machine doesn't exist.

Edit: But then again, I've never used a ticket machine before.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:21 PM
yeah, it's turned on. it just seems my sneaky Sims will bypass it and go in, if i place it too close to the door they can't get through.

I will try your suggestions. Thanks for all the help!

(PS) I've been downloading custom content here since oh, 2007 or 8, but always lurked. My name is Lisa, and I'm about to stop being shy!
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:41 PM
All my business lots with ticketing machine have it placed inside, 3-5 tiles away from the entrance door and at least just as much tiles around the machine in each direction, so that if few Sims come in, there won't be a crowd where they bother each other. Even Maxis pre-made businesses have it inside. I use one machine per business lot and there were never problems with it.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:44 PM
Congrats on overcoming the shyness.

I suppose it's possible for Sims to sneak in. I've never noticed it happening and I've played tons of venues in my time, but that doesn't mean that it's never happened. But I've always put the machine outside since that just seems the intuitive place to put it, to me. Maybe that's the key. Good luck.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:52 PM
Is everyone bypassing it or only some?

It never seemed to matter on my lots if I put the machine inside or outside - they'll always go to it and stand around with the buy meter over their head. Which is pretty funny during at-home dates with home businesses.

How much are you charging?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:28 PM Last edited by el_flel : 17th Jan 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Don't be shy, macphisto75! We're all (most of us) friendly here :D

I put the ticket machine inside but in an entrance hallway. I've never noticed sims sneak in without paying because they need to go through the hallway to get to the business so have to go past the ticket machine.
Inventor
#9 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:39 PM
I always put my ticket machine outside, a couple tiles away from the sidewalk.

I use fences and the topiary bushes to limit where sims can go on all my business lots. Or sometimes steep hills. They have to get by my salespeople in order to get to any of the goodies, whether it is pay-to-visit, or a retail shop. Businesses that are too open will have sims wandering all over the lot and no point in having my sims chase down sims that are in far corners of the lot, or the ones that make a beeline to the restrooms.

On larger lots, it can take a lot of time to get the customers to leave, so areas far from the front door get locked to keep sims out of there when it is near time to close up shop. Having more than on entrance to the business makes it more difficult to control the flow of customer traffic in the business and the employees and owner have to work harder.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 10:44 PM
ive never ever ever used a ticket machine, i didnt even know they exsisted
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iibeccax
ive never ever ever used a ticket machine, i didnt even know they exsisted

Me neither.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:26 AM
LOL my one Sim had a pet shop business in her house and out back she had a hot tub well i didnt realize that everyone would walk right into the shop threw the house, or around, and go straight to the hot tub and not buy anything! so i put a ticket machine by the hot tub. problem solved! one dude stayed for days, i mean DAYS i thought he was bugged but he wasnt he would get out to go pee then go back in. man he made me millions. :D
Scholar
#13 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 6:32 PM
I've never had a Sim bypass the machine if it was on before. I think your problem might be having more than one machine on the lot, this might indeed confuse them. I've always put them inside at least 3 tiles from the door with plenty of space around them. I've had people leave the lot without buying a ticket but never had one enter and use the facilities.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 3:45 PM
Sims can pass by ticket machine, but if they don't pay they can't use most of objects. At least user-directed Sims : )
I use ticket machine inside, few tiles from the door and the wall, every neighboring tile free. It works OK.

Guh, I hate those ticket machines. I would love to have a hack allowing to set a high price and make it tolerable by Sims (cheap, average, etc.) and make f.e. real rock concert, host club, or plastic surgery hospital. Unfortunately, those objects aren't calculated by the game as attractive, so the owner can't really earn money using this method.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 3:37 PM
No-one ever sneaks by me!! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheese678
Me neither.

aha YAY someone else who didnt know they exsisted :P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:36 PM
I sometimes have sims sneaking past the ticket machines. It really annoys me but I can't stop it. I always put the machine outside near the door.
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM
I didnt know they exsisted TOO TILL NOW
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:49 AM
Over 4 and a half years ago for this thread @angerdragon

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:10 AM

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 6:39 AM
Yes I know it's a resurrected thread, but I never saw it the first time around and now I'm wondering if really not nice sims will try and sneak into a venue. Maybe it's a feature and not a bug?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 7:31 AM
I've never had sims sneak in, the game coding draws them like moths to a flame around that ticket machine. My guess is the OP did not click 'start charging customers' or if they did had a mod conflict.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 9:57 AM
Never saw a sim sneaking past it, no matter where I put it, inside or outside.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:54 PM
Also, the title of this thread makes no sense.
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:02 PM
With my ticket machine... I had set it to 150 Simoleans to make more money and the sims just left or refused to pay and left right inside the front door-- where the machine is.

Also, I noticed one time that the machine had a weird little sign hanging from it --- like a construction sign with a worker digging picture. It was removable, like a picture you'd hang on the wall.

Do I need to start a new thread on this topic... or is it alright to just add to an existing thread ??
Thanks.

" Inama Nushif "
Page 1 of 2