Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 25
Inventor
Original Poster
#351 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 6:35 PM
@zoeyzuko: Are you using one of the pre-made packages or did you use the tool to create your own? Missing lifetime wishes seems to indicate that the package is out of date.
Test Subject
#352 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@zoeyzuko: Are you using one of the pre-made packages or did you use the tool to create your own? Missing lifetime wishes seems to indicate that the package is out of date.

I downloaded/installed the one you have listed as the updated version for 1.33 patch.
( velocitygrass_no_automatic_memories.zip
Description: Package to turn off all automatic memories. For patch 1.31/1.32/1.33)

And I did untick the enabled memory in the game options. But it's for sure this download that is causing my missing lifetime wishes... So what might I have done wrong? I've removed my other mods but everytime I put this one in it messes them up.
Field Researcher
#353 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoeyzuko
I downloaded/installed the one you have listed as the updated version for 1.33 patch.
( velocitygrass_no_automatic_memories.zip
Description: Package to turn off all automatic memories. For patch 1.31/1.32/1.33)

And I did untick the enabled memory in the game options. But it's for sure this download that is causing my missing lifetime wishes... So what might I have done wrong? I've removed my other mods but everytime I put this one in it messes them up.

I found the same issue with missing lifetime wishes when using the tool to update my existing packages using import. I had the same issue with the effects modder tool and missing effects from showtime. I had to recreate both packages from scratch, and not use the import function.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#354 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 6:16 PM
I am not able to download the file, because is says coockies not find. I even disabled norton but still!
Test Subject
#355 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 11:07 PM
I don't think this mod is really patched for Showtime. Since I just installed Showtime I'm not able to use this mod at all. I really liked it since I make movies with my games, and this mod was very useful with my movies ... no sim had those annoying memory popups. Hopefully the mod will be fixed soon. Or velocitygrass will let us know what we can do to make it work for us.
Field Researcher
#356 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoeyzuko
I don't think this mod is really patched for Showtime. Since I just installed Showtime I'm not able to use this mod at all. I really liked it since I make movies with my games, and this mod was very useful with my movies ... no sim had those annoying memory popups. Hopefully the mod will be fixed soon. Or velocitygrass will let us know what we can do to make it work for us.

You can disable memory notifications in the Sims 3 options panel, or use Twallan's Master controller to disable automatic memories entirely.
Inventor
Original Poster
#357 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 12:42 PM
@zoeyzuko: I just re-downloaded the package from the site and it's the exact same that I have in my game where the LTWs for Showtime are available. What's the size of your package?

@Anach: I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this. I re-downloaded the tool from the site and then loaded an old 1.29 and 1.24 package. I saved with unchecking new memories before saving, without making any further changes, and overwriting the opened package and all test packages came out fine for me (i.e. around 192 kB with Showtime wishes intact). I'm beginning to wonder if somehow the site uses some kind of distribution mechanism to offer the downloads and some of the files are not up to date. Could you check the version/date of the tool? It should be version 1.0.4 (the previous one did have loading issues) with a file date of 12/15/2011.

@AngryRats: Please post under Site Questions and Issues. I think the thread is this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#358 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 2:08 AM
Thank you so much for this mod! So great.
Test Subject
#359 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 4:21 PM
I downloaded the create your own custom memories one fine...but when i went to 7zip and went to the TS3_Memory_Modder.exe every time I try to use it, it crashes. I'm so upset because I've tried redownloading and looking everywhere for stuff, but nothing works! It seems like a great mod, too. Can anyone help or figure out why it crashes every time I open it? I'm on Windows 7 64 bit if that helps
Test Subject
#360 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 6:27 PM
@zoeyzuko: I just re-downloaded the package from the site and it's the exact same that I have in my game where the LTWs for Showtime are available. What's the size of your package?

The package I downloaded/unzipped says it's 144KBs ...if that's what you mean by size of package. What should it be? Should I try to redownload/upzip it again?
Test Subject
#361 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Thank you so much! Between this and severedsolo's mod on Romantic Reputation, my game has gotten so much better.

LOVE this mod. My scrapbook got flooded. Every time I signed a stupid autograph or went to a store it put a memory. You think this would be something EA would have in the game - not have 9,000 memories of the same dang thing.

Inventor
Original Poster
#362 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 5:49 PM
@damuser234: Did you actually unzip the files or did you try to start directly from 7zip?

@zoeyzuko: Yes, please try to redownload. The package should be approximately 191 kB in size. 144kB sounds more like patch level 1.24.
Test Subject
#363 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 8:08 PM
@damuser234: Did you actually unzip the files or did you try to start directly from 7zip?

@zoeyzuko: Yes, please try to redownload. The package should be approximately 191 kB in size. 144kB sounds more like patch level 1.24.

yeah i unzipped it and everything, and when i try to click the modder...it just stops working and crashes
Inventor
Original Poster
#364 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 6:41 PM
@damuser234: Do you get a message of any kind that shows an error stack (lines of code) or does it just crash? I'm also on Windows 7 64bit. Are you updated to the latest patch level?
Test Subject
#365 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 1:08 AM

Yes! That was the problem...when I unzipped the file it must not have extracted it correctly. I redownloaded it and the file unzipped 190KB so all is working just fine now. Thank you. I'm a happy camper now.
Inventor
Original Poster
#366 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 5:50 PM
@zoeyzuko: I'm glad it's working now
Test Subject
#367 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 4:12 AM
@zoeyzuko: I'm glad it's working now

Thanks again... I've always like all your mods and so glad its fixed. I almost wasn't going to complain about it but just couldn't handle those memory pops when making my movies. I needed it for sure.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#368 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:34 AM
Thank you so much for the mod. The sims 3 memory system is pretty flawed, creating duplicate memories of everyday actions and bloating save files. If only they were done like in the sims 2.
Inventor
#369 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:33 AM
Hey velocitygrass,
over at the official forum, there is talk that your mod is conflicting with the new tablet Premium content. I did not try myself but I thought I let you know.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../45/536615.page (page 4 and on)
Inventor
Original Poster
#370 Old 8th May 2012 at 10:15 PM
@crinrict: I'll check out the post when I find the time. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#371 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:18 AM
Dammit. I really wanted to make my own version of this. But I've been struggling with Microsoft for an hour and a half now, and I give up. I'll just download the pre-made OnlyImportant version. Thank you~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#372 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:54 PM
Brilliant!! You're a Sim saver! ^__^ Thank you!!
Test Subject
#373 Old 12th May 2012 at 6:51 PM
Mac friendly or not?
This not Mac friendly. =( I say this because macs can't run .exe or at least mine can't, do you have a download for .app? i would really like this program because EA put in the stupid memories feature that wasn't big in TS2. Thanks!

Please fix this,
Harrytheplatypus

Sincerely,
harrytheplatypus
Test Subject
#374 Old 13th May 2012 at 7:52 PM
the one where you create your own, when i click it, it crashes, : TS3_Memory_Modder Has Stopped Working. i really need this as my game crashed alot xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#375 Old 14th May 2012 at 3:04 AM
Thanks, I need this a lot, my sim's scrap book contains more than 70 memories (some are important, but the rest are completely useless, e.g. go to a park, woohoo three times, etc.)
Page 15 of 25