Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:47 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Oct 2014 at 1:36 AM. Reason: We have categories now!
Default Can you please give us some tutorial for beginners with the basics?
Hi, I want to try to make some skins, so can anybody give me the basic principals? Can I use the tutorials for sims 3 or sims 2? Sims 4 already has a SimPE and the basic tools, so how I choose what to change and how I put it back? Also I save a sim in the CAS demo, but I don’t see a sims 4 pack. Or I misunderstood something. Also I saw the zip from HystericalParoxysm with the 300 and more skin textures, but I also saw ‘’female bodyfull s4 extracted by sintiklia’’, and there is only one file. I had play in the past with Photoshop and I really want to try. I have never make anything for the sims.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:57 PM Last edited by MrDensilter : 20th Aug 2014 at 12:08 AM.
well for now you can't but here's TS3 guide if you wonder, you can learn all of it in here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ines/Sims_3_CAS

happy simming..

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
well for now you can't but here's TS3 guide if you wonder, you can learn all of it in here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ines/Sims_3_CAS

happy simming..

Very helpful, thanks.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:31 PM
The thing Sintilika extracted is the body meshes, plus some unused composite skintones + eyes + makeup + brows + underwear that make the sims look like TS4 sims. They're textures that presumably were made by EA to show off the sims before the compositing was finished (so before they could get the skins coloured properly, add eyes, makeup, clothing, etc.). But they're not skins, and you need to edit a whole lot more than two files to get a skin made. There is at least one skintone already floating around out there, but I don't know how complete it is, or truly, how complete a skin needs to be for TS4, besides "it's a lot more complex than TS3's methods"

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:31 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 10:40 PM
Yes, I will go for the eyes, thanks again.