Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Cheats Decided to Stop Working!
I've been looking everywhere for an answer to the solution. I was playing in build mode fine and all the cheat codes worked fine, the next time I ran my game up my "testingcheatsenabled true" stopped working and now only works when I type "testingcheatsenabled on" and my "moveobjects on" cheat doesn't work whatsoever. If someone can please help me, I love that cheat and I really want to know how to fix it Thank you!

And no it's not just me mispelling them on accident I even tried unistalling and reinstalling and it's still the same problem.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:01 PM Last edited by bluegirl45 : 22nd Aug 2014 at 10:01 PM.
I've always typed "testingcheatsenabled true" see if that works.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 6:52 PM
since its fundamentally important how this codes are typed in (the spelling) here the wiki entries for both cheats:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Testingcheatsenabled
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Moveobjects

also it doesnt make any sense to me to disagree to bluegirl45 who stated it has to be testingcheatsenabled true (cause that simply is the truth)
- nevertheless testingcheatsenabled "on" is absolutely wrong and isnt supposed to work.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
since its fundamentally important how this codes are typed in (the spelling) here the wiki entries for both cheats:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Testingcheatsenabled
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Moveobjects

also it doesnt make any sense to me to disagree to bluegirl45 who stated it has to be testingcheatsenabled true (cause that simply is the truth)
- nevertheless testingcheatsenabled "on" is absolutely wrong and isnt supposed to work.

Ive been playing the sims my entire life, and Ive never had any sort of problems with any cheats, I have no clue why my cheats are now messed up, I was just wondering if it was happening to anyone or they had a solution. It's not the spelling, I promise. "moveobjects" worked fine one day, and the next it didn't.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:43 AM
Have you added or removed any mods lately? I know Awesomemod has an option to enable testing cheats by default and if you've been using it with that option enabled for a while and recently stopped, it's easy to forget that you need to type this cheat in before entering a household for all of its options to be available.

I've never come across any problems with move objects not working myself, but it might help if you explain what you're trying to do with these cheats that isn't working(it might point to a mod conflict of some kind if there is one). Are they giving you errors when you enter them or are they entering fine but not doing what you expect them to? If it's the latter, what are you trying to do and what happens when you do it?

If you're correct that "testingcheatsenabled true" is no longer working and "testingcheatsenabled on" now works instead, the only cause for that I can think of would be a mod that's adding cheat code shortcuts of some kind(why it would remove the default ones though, I have no idea, but perhaps a broken/out of date cheats-enabling mod could cause issues or two mods trying to alter the same files). Try removing your entire mod folder and loading up a new, unplayed game to see if the cheats will work then. If they do, it's likely a mod or mod conflict problem and you'll want to look here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content
Although if you've recently installed a mod or two, I'd suggest just trying it with those taken out first, tbh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idleRAT
Have you added or removed any mods lately? I know Awesomemod has an option to enable testing cheats by default and if you've been using it with that option enabled for a while and recently stopped, it's easy to forget that you need to type this cheat in before entering a household for all of its options to be available.

I've never come across any problems with move objects not working myself, but it might help if you explain what you're trying to do with these cheats that isn't working(it might point to a mod conflict of some kind if there is one). Are they giving you errors when you enter them or are they entering fine but not doing what you expect them to? If it's the latter, what are you trying to do and what happens when you do it?

If you're correct that "testingcheatsenabled true" is no longer working and "testingcheatsenabled on" now works instead, the only cause for that I can think of would be a mod that's adding cheat code shortcuts of some kind(why it would remove the default ones though, I have no idea, but perhaps a broken/out of date cheats-enabling mod could cause issues or two mods trying to alter the same files). Try removing your entire mod folder and loading up a new, unplayed game to see if the cheats will work then. If they do, it's likely a mod or mod conflict problem and you'll want to look here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content
Although if you've recently installed a mod or two, I'd suggest just trying it with those taken out first, tbh.

the moveobjects cheat lets me enter it but when I go to move an object it still restricts me being able to place it wherever on the grid, ill start with removing my mods folder. i don't have any mods installed that have anything to do with cheats... but who knows it might work thanks for the suggestion, if you come across anything else that would be awesome!