Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 10:18 PM
Default Problem Editing Maxis Game Simulator MESH
Hi, I've only just started making meshes for objects so i'm a total beginner. Right this is what I do. I extract the game simulator mesh with SimPE and edit it to how I want it. Then I use the mesh tool to import it to the package file. But when you go to buy it, it looks just like the Original Game simulator or its corrupt. If anyone could tell me how to do it I will be really pleased.
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:02 PM
There may be a lot of reasons... The first thing I can think of is, have you registered a new GUID for it? Have you followed the MeshTool totorial (though a bit aoutdated)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:13 PM
I did change the GUID and i know i did the meshtool thing right because ive edited the moneywell pc screen before and its showed up right. Does anyone know Which objects should i edit cause i know theres more than one in the package.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:37 AM
Did you remap your UVs? Deelete you old ones and map new ones ithe new coords? ae the textures mapped correctly?
Alchemist
#5 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Red Storm13
Hi, I've only just started making meshes for objects so i'm a total beginner. Right this is what I do. I extract the game simulator mesh with SimPE and edit it to how I want it. Then I use the mesh tool to import it to the package file. But when you go to buy it, it looks just like the Original Game simulator or its corrupt. If anyone could tell me how to do it I will be really pleased.

Anything you edit and it still looks like the original (textures or meshing mods) has a naming problem or reference problem in it's package, and along the way the game engine is being redirected back to the original game items.
Unless you change the names of your package items and add hashing to it, use 0xffffffff for the group ID and check the reference links (on the CRES and GMND hunks), you are not going to have a reliable cloned object.
Without a completely cloned object, you are not going to get your new changes to show up.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.