Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animation Player

by cmomoney Posted 3rd May 2011 at 9:12 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:20 PM by cmomoney

489 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 216 Feedback Posts, 272 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 20
Test Subject
#126 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
You may need to download it again. The file is fine, so it might not have downloaded correctly.

Alright, I'll try it. Thank you for checking it!
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:49 PM
hi Cmomoney,

your mod dosent work with Pets 1.29 and Twallans Error Trap Mod.

Greetings

Harald
Original Poster
#128 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 12:13 AM
I'm patched to 1.29 and have my fair share of Twallan mods and it works fine.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM
That was pretty strange the whole thing.
I've posted in the Errors Twallan times.

Greetings

Harald
#130 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by green95
Um i haven't downloaded yet ( i will on other computer) but...so... how exactly does this work. you like record a animation, then set it to the action thingy?!?!?

You can use the ea animations that are provided by cmomoney (where it says The Sims 3 CLIPs Lists compiled by MarkJS) and open it with WinRAR or WinZIP and then from there open them with notepad and it should come up like this:

a2o_chairDining_scootOut45_E_x
a2o_fishBowl_feed_counterCorner_x
a2o_bills_pickUp_counter_part2_x
a2a_soc_Bad_Mock_Insulting_Bad_y
a2a_soc_Bad_Mock_Insulting_Bad_x
a2o_bbq_grill_Food_get_plateDinner_hotDogs
a_workOut_kneeBend_start_x

etc.then in the Sims 3 click the object and type in the name into the dialogue box that comes up after you click 'add to playlist' and your sim will perform the action when you click play

Hope this helps :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:35 PM
I just got back into making Sim music vids and this animation player is going to be very useful as was the pose player thank you!
Test Subject
#132 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 5:49 AM
Hi, this looks wonderful. I am thinking of getting into stories and etc so this looks like it will work nicely! I have a question? I have a list of animations but not posing ones. Will it work in that too? For example the train running through town and the fireworks and the waterfalls etc. and so on. Let me know please and if it will not do it than I hope that one of you smart people will make that. Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 2:32 PM
I type in the animations and my sim just stands there, I have the lists and I type them in correctly and press play, is there a step by step dummies guide for this?
Test Subject
#134 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 12:45 AM
Ugh. I have tried again and again, but whenever I have my sim use the device, they just stand there.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#135 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 6:00 AM
Thank you so much =D
=D
Test Subject
#136 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 12:11 AM
Hey I was wondering if this is patched up to the latest patch for the pets. Every time I type in the animations (exact lettering and everything) and click play, my sim just stands there. I have the animator from nraas but they don't have all the animations in their mod like this one does. So I'm hoping to figure out why it isn't working since its such a great mod. I hope there is a solution soon.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#137 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 1:36 AM
Yes it is and it does work in a fully patched game.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#138 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:37 AM
ok thanks

If is there anything that I'm going wrong then since my sim just stands there whenever I try to type in the animation and click play? The only mods I have in my game is the latest woohooer and your pose player. Nothing other than those 2 and of course the animation player.

Sorry to keep asking questions.. I'm trying to get this thing to work before a video contest I'm entering ends next month lol,

I also downloaded the file and reinstalled it 3 times already but the commends still don't work.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#139 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:42 AM
What animations are you trying to play?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:01 PM
I can't download it I know you need the map 'Mods' but I don't have it. Can somebody help me?
Test Subject
#141 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:47 PM
I've tried a_LN_vampire1, a_shy_1, a2o_musicBox_close_x, a_LN_trait_1. and a_deathByMeteor_start_x
Test Subject
#142 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:24 PM Last edited by umpa : 31st Jan 2012 at 8:58 PM.
Thanks for your mod!!

This is with your mod and custom Dance from Motion Capture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRk_0yh8S_8

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a long custom animation (The Thriller) but animation finish too early..

-From Smd animation finish in 2:10 minutes
-With your animator I think 1:47 .

Sims 3 not support Long Animation? Or you can change the duration in your mod?
Test Subject
#143 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 6:04 AM
hey I just wanted to let you know that I finally got it to work. So thanks for your replies as well as making the mod in the first place
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 3:42 PM
Great job! Very useful for machinima-making!

Does anyone know if there is some sort of animation database? Just like the pose database... That would be great! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:41 AM
Sorry if this was already posted... but can you make pets use this incredible thing?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 8:20 AM
thank you this is really great :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 9:02 PM
Cmomoney I would first like to thank you for creating this animation player. However, this player will not play all of the animations included in the clip list. I've tried many animations and the sims does nothing. I am technologicaly fluent so I know what I'm doing. Yet I am still having porblems with your objects. I've also read the comments on here by others who are having the same problem. I was hoping that there'd be an answer so I wouldn't have to bother you. Unfortunately, I notice there is little dialogue between you and the person asking questions. Please help me. I am working on a machinima and would really like to use this tool. I can play custom animations but hardly any of the animations in the clip list work. For example, I typed in a2o_bed_sleep_back_tossTurn_loop1_bed and the sims does nothing. Please help me figure out what is going wrong.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#148 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:14 PM
a2o_bed_sleep_back_tossTurn_loop1_bed is the animation for the bed, not the sim. Usually when the animation is for a sim it ends with '_x, if its for an object its '_objectname'. There is no way i could test all the animations in the clip list, and a some of them are not for sims.
Test Subject
#149 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
a2o_bed_sleep_back_tossTurn_loop1_bed is the animation for the bed, not the sim. Usually when the animation is for a sim it ends with '_x, if its for an object its '_objectname'. There is no way i could test all the animations in the clip list, and a some of them are not for sims.

Oh! Duh! I didn't realize that. Now it makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up. I knew I had to be doing something wrong. Thanks again for your help and this powerful new tool.
Test Subject
#150 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:28 PM
Where do you put the CLIPS list?
Page 6 of 20