Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:48 AM
Default The Siren Challenge
The Siren Legacy Challenge — a Sims 3 Challenge

(Pets, Supernatural, and Island Paradise EPs needed.)

INTRO: You had always believed in the creatures of half human, half fish. When you were a child, you remember drowning… the sunshine glowing through the ocean waves and you couldn’t quite get yourself back up to the surface. But then you saw something green lash through the water. A green, scaly… was that a tail? You were slowly losing consciousness and scared — scared of the death about to come, scared of the sea creature looming behind you. Their eyes locked eyes with yours, wait… are those human eyes? You felt yourself being dragged to the surface. Your life was saved… but the image of the sea creature never left your vision. You vowed to yourself to never befriend a supernatural being of any kind.

Starting Off
- Create a young adult sim
- Can be any gender
- Have a “Supernatural Skeptic” trait
- Can have any lifetime wish

Gen 1: “I have faced my biggest fear, and I will never face it again.”
- Live in the world of Isla Paradiso
- Live on a houseboat
- Work up your job to at least level 4
- Allow yourself to start learning the scuba diving skill
- Run into a mermaid with a green tail (the tail color doesn't matter that much, but it makes the story fall into place well) & recognize them for the mermaid that rescued you.
- Fall in love with the mermaid, marry & have them show you the mermaid island (doesn’t have to be in that order) (if you can’t get to the island then use the cheats)
- Live on the island (but you can keep the house boat too if you'd like, just build a port on the island)
- Have at least two children (if neither of the children are mermaids then you must keep reproducing until you get one)

Gen 2: “If I can’t be a normal human, I can at least act like one.”
- Have a completely normal life on the mermaid island and don’t get in contact with water, except to preserve mermaid state
- Have a steady job
- No swimming
- Own a pet (you do not have to if you don’t have the Pets EP) — I’d recommend a cat or dog
- Fall in love with a land human and have as many children as wanted
- Have the children who are mermaids like their power
- Get “pushed” into the water (or just go swimming, whatever you like)
- Realize you do like your power, and live out the rest of your life swimming and diving

Gen 3: “I’m not letting my siren abilities get in the way of my life.”
- Paint or have a hobby for a living
- Use mermaid abilities whenever
- Once a week, seduce a living human by serenading them then quickly drown them after.
- After at least 4 drownings, find the "one" and live a happy rest of your life with them.
- Have kids until you get a mermaid (you can have more than that if you'd like)

Gen 4: "I vow to never ever lose my water connection."
- Make money off of collecting things from scuba diving (it can be anything you find, as long as you find it while scuba diving)
- Fall in love and marry a mermaid
- Have children
- Swim as much as possible and only cook fish for meals
- Divorce your partner and lose mermaid powers
- Vow to never return to the water

Gen 5: "My parents loved the water until they made fools of themselves, but what they did was no mistake."
- Do not swim, just bathe and use the pool if you have one enough to keep your mermaid powers.
- Fall in love with a human who inspires you to be who you are
- Have a resort instead of a job
- Do anything you'd like with the rest of your life!

Rules
- You can only use motherlode once, at the start of generation one.
- No cheats that will help you through majorly. If its something like resetsim or moveobjects, that's of course fine. But please no cheats to help you through much, the point of this is to watch your mermaid legacy grow!
- Creating a family cemetery on your lot is optional (kudos to you if you do it!).
- No mods that greatly influence the challenge, I would like this to be pretty fair!
- I don't do scoring. If you'd like to make up some points before you begin the challenge, fine by me.
- It's okay if you don't go by my directions, it's okay. I'm all for people doing their own thing with this challenge!

Notes --
- This is my first ever Sims challenge created. I have not seen many mermaid challenges so I decided to make my own.
- There are of course missing gaps in this challenge. Feel free to fill them up yourself! Create a story! Check on your family tree once in a while. You might find it interesting to see how you and your sims have come.
- Let your imagination wonder!!

Not play tested yet! (But you shouldn't encounter any problems.)

Happy Simming! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:18 AM
I really liked it and already did it but I can't find a mermaid anywhere.. Can someone help?
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:59 PM
I wish I could try this challenge! I don't have Island Paradise, but I really want it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3greeklovers
I really liked it and already did it but I can't find a mermaid anywhere.. Can someone help?

You need Island Paradise