Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:54 AM
Default Any way to have a baby without the pregnancy?
Okay, weird question, I know - but I recently had a glitch that forced me to uninstall all my CC in search for the culprit (the babies had no eyes? Really creepy). I also uninstalled the world I had my save in because loading all the worlds/content takes way longer than a vanilla game, so I have no way of checking if the glitch is still present. Thus my question: is there any way to "spawn" a baby or get one without having to go through a pregnancy? I have Nraas MasterController and StoryProgression installed but I'm not sure if that's a feature in either of those mods?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:03 AM
Get the Cheats module for MasterController and it adds an Instant Baby option. I've personally never used the option but it seems to do what you're looking for according to the description on the NRaas site.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
Get the Cheats module for MasterController and it adds an Instant Baby option. I've personally never used the option but it seems to do what you're looking for according to the description on the NRaas site.

I'll give it a shot, thank you!!
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:47 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 23rd Jul 2016 at 1:02 PM.
You can always have a baby plantsim by planting, growing and harvesting the forbidden fruit. You can get a seed by doing genetic splicing experiments. Or if you have a plantsim, trying for baby produces a seed instead of pregnancy.

Note that you must NEVER weed the plant, or the baby will die. So place it in some planter somewhere locked up, and if you use Douglas Veiga's most excellent gardener, make sure you disable weeding. Though it's probably a good idea to cancel the gardener completely, since you probably want YOU to be the mother or father when you harvest it.

Also, when it's in harvestable state, make sure you use HARVEST not "tend garden". You might get a forbidden fruit instead of a baby if you use "tend garden".

Bit of a fuss, I know, but it's one way to get a baby without the whole pregnancy thing. And once you do have a plantsim female, well, you can just produce and plant more seeds.

Which brings us to another way: if you got a forbidden fruit via "tend garden", you can just turn yourself into a plantsim and if you're female, you can then make seeds as needed. Or you can turn yourself into a plantsim by offering yourself to be a test subject until you get Botanitis Minorus ('bout 20% chance per try, IIRC), and then same thing, just make more seeds. Especially in Uni, there's a day job that has a high probability to turn you into a plantsim, and you can just take jobs and cancel them until you get that one.

Oh, and btw, if you're not that much into platsims, you can just cure the kid later.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:44 AM
Never had a problem weeding my garden babies. The Harvest thing rather than tend garden, tho... yeah, don't tend garden.

With University you can clone to get a sim at Level 9 science, but the child is not related to the science station operator.

Time machine (not portal from Into the Future). You can go it alone and maybe get a child or teenager by going into the past, or an elder "child" from going into the future. This method isn't working for me lately, so maybe patched out in 1.69.

You can also "try for baby" in the time machine, but that isn't working for me now either since 1.69 . No pregnancy either time machine method. .

Not sure what expansion pack, but you can use your phone and Services->Adopt.