Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#401 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Except for the "play...toss in air" interaction for cats. I do not know one RL cat who would enjoy that and not scratch the human's face off for trying.

Yeah, that would land you in the ER.

Advertisement
Instructor
#402 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heat33330
What EP is "Smell the flowers" in?

It's from M&G
Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
"What's this?"

OMG, I've totally forgot this ^ :D
And also "It's snowing/raining"...
Anyway, I've a mod from MATY (?) that prevents both 2
Field Researcher
#403 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 11:23 AM
I also forgot the add, Tai-Chi... it´s f***ing annoying. Every single spare second they got they do this and then almost every other sim joins them, causing to spread the 'Tai-Chi disease' as I call it.
Instructor
#404 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmodder69
I also forgot the add, Tai-Chi... it´s f***ing annoying. Every single spare second they got they do this and then almost every other sim joins them, causing to spread the 'Tai-Chi disease' as I call it.

This was a bug... Have u tried installing BV patch?
Field Researcher
#405 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
This was a bug... Have u tried installing BV patch?

My games are always up to date but I installed a mod which allows auto Tai-Chi only in Fareast. Atleast now my neighbourhoods won´t be filled with Tai-Chi crazy people.
Instructor
#406 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmodder69
My games are always up to date but I installed a mod which allows auto Tai-Chi only in Fareast. Atleast now my neighbourhoods won´t be filled with Tai-Chi crazy people.

Really?! I thought that using a new neighborhood after have installed the patch would solve the problem... I hope that the mod would be useful
Lab Assistant
#407 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 2:41 AM
I hate it when parents automatically stop doing whatever they're supposed to be doing in favor of randomly deciding to read to their kids.

Come to think of it, I hate nearly every automatic adult-infant or adult-toddler interaction, especially when it leaves an angry, tired kid outside of its crib or litters a million unused bottles onto the floor. GRRR.

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Scholar
#408 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 9:04 AM
I finially got sims to graduate college, and now I regret it. Why? Because all they ever ------- do is congratulate each other back and forth back and forth. Screw chatting or autonomous flirting that's all gone. It's now congratulate. OKAY after the 100th time I get it... If this keeps up lower education for everyone, and death to the higher education.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Instructor
#409 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:09 AM
Congratulate is a weird one. Sometimes I don't understand why they're doing it. I moved a newly-created family into a new house and on the first day of their lives granny congratulated gramps about something. Getting a house? Coming into existence? Their daughter moving out? What?

Even funnier is when two people get married and one of them congratulates the other one. Or when a woman has a baby and congratulates her husband. o.o
Banned
#410 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:41 AM
Agreed that free will sucks. I haven't had it on purposely in years. In fact, as soon as I place/enter a residential lot the first thing I do - before any sort of building, furniture or such - is turn free will off.
Test Subject
#411 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 2:59 AM
To be honest with you, the only autonomous action I have a problem with in The Sims 2 is Look Through, but then again I don't want to buy better telescopes because half of my knowledge sims are male and I am not a fan of male pregnancy. The rest of my complaints come from townies.

If I find that jackwagon who keeps on knocking over my sims' garbage can in every lot ever I'm going to kill them with fire, assuming I can find the buyable fire mod and make them selectable. Seriously, it gets kind of old after a while.
Mad Poster
#412 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madlax
If I find that jackwagon who keeps on knocking over my sims' garbage can in every lot ever I'm going to kill them with fire, assuming I can find the buyable fire mod and make them selectable. Seriously, it gets kind of old after a while.

"Jackwagon" hahah I've never heard that! I even have a mod that supposed to prevent people from dumping your trash unless they hate you - but I guess I'm too good at creating enemies! So I always build a kitchen with a door to the patio or garage, and put the can there, where neighbors can't get to it.

My REAL neighbors leave their cans in the street & I HATE it! I also hate it when their cats crap in my flowers! SO I also hate Sim strays messing things up; I have a mod to keep them off the lot, but if I don't have it on the lot and a stray or wolf keeps killing the flowers or (GAD!) trying to lick a toddler, I've been know to lock them in a tiny room (wherein - unfortunatly - they never die). And stay off my lawn, rotten kids!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#413 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 4:13 AM
The only one that really annoys me at the moment is the urge visitors to dorms have to run into dormies' rooms! Otherwise, I like dorms (free food with no need to cook, lots of other people for the cow mascots to pester instead of my Sims, and free entertainment when the dormies fight), but it makes seducing professors hard.

"What's This?" is a little annoying, but understandable, though I wish it wasn't for inane things like toilets or lights when entering community lots.
Test Subject
#414 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
"What's This?" is a little annoying, but understandable, though I wish it wasn't for inane things like toilets or lights when entering community lots.

I am probably one of the few that doesn't mind the What's This autonomous action. Personally I like seeing how my sims react to what I place inside their little habitats and whether they like what I'm giving them. Furthermore I like to see my sims act out of curiousity, and in my opinion the What's This action is one of those things a sim does when they are curious. I kind of wish I could encourage them to be a bit more curious.

Looking back now if there was anything that really annoyed me when I first got The Sims 2 and The Sims 2: University back around 2005 it was the constant spamming of the Water Balloon and Pillow Fight actions. However I think I'm used to it by now and know that if I want that to happen less I should probably not make sims that are playful in large quantities.

In fact with the inclusion of The Sims 2: Freetime as part of my installation I notice that with how I now build my sims to be geared towards certain hobbies that it stops a lot of the annoying behaviors that I had to deal with before I had acquired a copy of said expansion pack. Furthermore my adult sims are no longer doing things obsessively like playing in the bathtub or bogarting the swing set. It's kind of nice what EA Games and Maxis did with that expansion pack to stop certain annoying autonomous actions.

It still stands though that at this time my main complaint regarding the artificial intelligence with The Sims 2 is the Look Through action, though I forgot to mention that I also have some problem with some of the after-meal behaviors that my sloppy sims display. Then again at this time only one of my sloppy sims is actually displaying the whole bit with the standing up and then farting at the dining room table after every single flipping meal.

I'm looking at you Wendy Silverstein. Stop it with the cutting the cheese after you have one of your roommate Priscilla's cheese platters. It's gotten to be more than a little bit annoying seeing you do that every time you have something to eat. You get my hopes up by making me think you will for once in your artificial life wash your own dishes, only to see you rip one then sniff it like some smug, arrogant jerk. Please for the love of all that is sacred Wendy, stop farting on the damn table after every meal.
Test Subject
#415 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:52 AM
The FFS Dance on Feet interaction that every DAMN kid who just aged up does with the nearest older sim, the rain/snow/hail reaction queue kicker, the get cake slice right after aging one, I like to take the picture of the toddler and they drop them immediatly for the cake, and the What's This? thing too. The run out to greet parent who just came from work queue kicker as well. And to a lesser extent the Swing me Around thing that they do until the kid is beet red and I get the SoWo warning.
Banned
#416 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 4:46 AM
Other ones fixed by mods:
"hold youngster" - put the goddamn baby down, motherfucker!
"hug" (kids to parent coming home from work) - sucked that you couldn't cancel it and it cancelled everything in the cue. I hate anything that contradicts what I tell them to do.
waking up for the burglar alarm and again when the cop fights the burglar. Get your monkey butt back to bed so you can get up for work. This is why I got the no burglars allowed sign. Waking everyone up screws up their being able to go to work and then they get all emo the next day.
Test Subject
#417 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:26 PM
One autonomous action that really gets on my nerves is when my sims greet other sims for no reason whatsoever. Another one is when they starting making a racket with any instrument that's around them.
Test Subject
#418 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 8:52 PM
I hate pretty much every autonomous action. I'm a Sims 2 machinima director so having to deal with them when I'm filming is kind of annoying.
Instructor
#419 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
"hold youngster" - put the goddamn baby down, motherfucker!
This. This right here.

The really stupid thing is I had 3 toddlers with 3 cribs. Two of the cribs were empty and one of the toddler's energy was in the red. I watched as the adult picked up the toddler and put her in the crib. Then turned around and immediately woke her up, picked her up and put her in the other crib. Then turned around and immediately woke her up, picked her up and put her back in the first crib. Then turned around...

I just sat there and watched to see how many times she would do that. Then it seemed like she wasn't going to stop, so I put the other crib in inventory and she stopped.
Lab Assistant
#420 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 12:10 AM
I honestly hate it when a Sim autonomously feeds a baby though it in actuality needs it's diaper to be changed or something else.
Test Subject
#421 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brickwall81
I hate pretty much every autonomous action. I'm a Sims 2 machinima director so having to deal with them when I'm filming is kind of annoying.

I fell the same as you. When I'm filming a scene for a Sims 2 movie, they start wondering off. I have to cancel the interaction and record the scene again.
Site Helper
#422 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:22 PM
It seems to make a lot of sense to turn off free will when you're filming.
Test Subject
#423 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 1:35 PM
It's probably been said, but when they decide to whack toaster pastries in the oven and then go and do something ridiculous like taking a bubble bath while they wait for them to cook... :\
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#424 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 1:58 PM
Most things can be modded out. The only thing that really bugged me was when it rained at night the "It's raining!" action would go to the the sims queue and they would get up at 3am to see the weather and then be awake. I eventually found a mod to fix that, don't know why I put up with it as long as I did.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#425 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheAussie17
It's probably been said, but when they decide to whack toaster pastries in the oven and then go and do something ridiculous like taking a bubble bath while they wait for them to cook... :\

During the first week I had Sims 2, I had a family of four (two adults, one child and one teenager). One of them was making a toaster pastry, like your Sim. Then the carpool and school buses turned up. All my Sims went to work or school... ...leaving the toaster pastry in the cooker. Oh, and I'd deleted the fire alarm to get funds for a better double bed.

Needless to say, the kitchen/dining room area were burnt to a crisp by the time the teenager got home. Now that was an annoying autonomous action...
Page 17 of 18