Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#12501 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:16 PM
The Cordial house appears to have the exact external shape as the Pleasant house. Oh and I finally figured out how to open that AL Bookcase "Door".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12502 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:44 PM
I re-discovered how much I LOVE the alien pregnancy cutscene. It is just adorable! Discovered that again while playing the Curious household. I also found out that apparently in order to teach a toddler life skills, the person has to have a high enough relationship with him/her. Lazlo was at a 0/0 with the baby, and never had the option to teach, but once I raised their relationship by having Lazlo play/look after him, he finally got the pie menu to teach the toddler how to walk. I think it was around 20-25 in the Daily Relationship.

Not amazing as everyone's discoveries, but it was something.
Mad Poster
#12503 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:07 AM
Got pretty amazed yesterday night..funny how, after many years, it is now I am noticing this.
Dad walks to his toddler and pick him up..then started walking away. My first though : he will put him in crib..or give him a bath..? No.
He passed by the bathroom and didn't stop..
Because i did not want the toddler to be put in the baby's crib (I want toddlers to sleep in the toddler bed i made and testing right now)
I paused the game, and looked at the action they both had.
dad had : carry or hold toddler..and toddler had that one too, followed by play with and one of his toys.
Oh! ok..so let's not cancel dad's action and see what happen.
I hit play....
dad actually put toddler down NEXT to his toy he wanted to play with.
I never saw that before. He just brought his son to his toy...0_o

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#12504 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:18 AM
If you leave the house, your pets will go with you, apparently
Mad Poster
#12505 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
Or I can go in and mod the maxis cribs so that they aren't available to toddlers

Well, if ever you succeed in modding this..let me know please.
There is no where to just uncheck "toddlers" in a crib package/file...like there is in a pet bed file.

I cannot seem to fix the BHAV in my own crib..I can change it, but the change does not stay.

Mad Poster
#12506 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:27 AM
I've learned that a 'good' Romance witch can cause LOTS of mischief... especially when she can summon anyone she wants and carebear-stare her mark into loving her. She's even picked a Family dormie as a mark by mistake. I thought he'd be a Fortune sim, but no... he's a Family sim and while it is a bit on the difficult side to woo him, it isn't impossible. He's the dark-skinned dormie with the flat-top haircut. Oh boy is my sim in trouble now. She better keep her affairs in the Good Witch castle, or she'll really be in for it.

I've got ACR installed with the autonomy disabled, as well as a jealousy fix, so only Family sims get pissed at cheaters when they're not in a committed relationship. My starter sim has already bonked ten sims, including one professor. I've decided that when your LTW is to have 20 lovers, well... you shouldn't be too picky. Besides, she's got sophomore, which brings a chance to change her aspiration. Who should she pick? And if she does stay Romance, should she pick that Family sim she double-bolts?

I hate hurting my sims, but sometimes I guess you gotta let the chips fall where they may. Just hope the proverbial excrement doesn't hit the fan too quickly.
Scholar
#12507 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:20 PM
Well, I don't know if my game was having a "bad day" yesterday but it did look a little weird. I have a woman running a bar (OFB) and while visiting this bar whit an other sim I discovered that her female employee was spending her entire time outside doing nothing. When my sim arrived the bartender took the trash and went outside. After she dumped the sack she just stood there for hours and hours.. My sim did come back to this bar at 2 or 3 times during my play and she reacted the same way every time. Strange... I do not think it is a problem though. I hope it's not a sign.
Scholar
#12508 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:18 PM
I discovered that Sims gain Cuisine enthusiasm while sleeping in their food! Well, that's a good way to build it up easily...
Mad Poster
#12509 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:14 AM
It seems that even ACR has its limits. I'll hafta check the jealousy threshold for Knowledge Sims. My Starter Sim, Yvonne Watford, was a little... indiscreet... at the park. BOOOOINK! Luckily, she had a backup plan... smooth talk. So it's alright now. Good thing he's her BFF.
Mad Poster
#12510 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 3:44 AM
That after rotating some flooring..if you add some foundations, its floor will also be rotated. 0_o
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#12511 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 7:42 AM
Romancemod is awesome! If you flirt with someone else in front of a sim that doesn't have Pleasure or Romance as a primary aspiration, you don't get the knives memories - just a loss of relationship. Not great for stuff like open relationships with other aspirations, but it's still better than having knives memories with one-sided relationships, like with Castor Nova.
Forum Resident
#12512 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 11:14 AM
I sent my two Sims to college and during my game play I noticed that annoying cow mascot who happens to be a guy called mark sneak into the girls shower room and have a shower, then sneak back out. He even did that funny sneak walk. I couldn't stop laughing.
Mad Poster
#12513 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
That after rotating some flooring..if you add some foundations, its floor will also be rotated. 0_o

You might already know this, but you can rotate floor tiles manually, so you can fix that It's < and > on some keyboards, but depending on your country that may vary. Try the keys next to your left side shift, if you are on windows.
Mad Poster
#12514 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
You might already know this, but you can rotate floor tiles manually, so you can fix that It's < and > on some keyboards, but depending on your country that may vary. Try the keys next to your left side shift, if you are on windows.

Wel actually no! I mean yes..but no! lol
I did rotate *some* flooring prior to adding more foundation..
As you know, the "diagonal wood floor" that shows up when you place the deck foundation isn't really a selectable floor...
Though the same exact wooden floor exist on its own, you'd need to rotate the whole foundation block/piece to fix the "diagonal wood floor" that shows on top of a deck foundation.
This is why i thought it was funny. I could not fix it, I could just lay floor on top.
I just never thought that rotating any floor tile, would then have an effect on the foundation piece/floor itself.
What a interesting game.
(for me who has a french keyboard....it is "," and ".")

Mad Poster
#12515 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:23 PM
I found out that exhausted toddlers will sleep in the doghouse if they can't sleep in their own bed. In my game, one did, and the dog patiently slept just in front of it to not disturb the child.

Sweet!
Field Researcher
#12516 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:51 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:25 AM.
The Servo will go after the Cow Mascot if it comes on the lot when the servo is in Security system mode and I found out about that today. Here is a picture to show that:
Screenshots

Prince Avalanche
Instructor
#12517 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 6:14 AM
If you own a home venue business, other family members, including babies and toddlers, can get memories of earning money from the venue through the e-ticket thingy, and it does count towards their personal simoleon earnings:

Mad Poster
#12518 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 10:40 AM
I finally found out all about the 'date' interaction..spouses can ask one another out-and that a couple can go to the same place together if they're on the same lot-and that the timer resets if the date is going well to increase the time on a date. Couples don't have to be married to each other, and one can be married to another sim and date their 'extracurricular love interest' .

Never explored that option, and now I can really get those pixels to have some fun!
Mad Poster
#12519 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:14 PM
I had a look at what was in Audrey Tsang's inventory. She has a VroomMaster remote controlled toy car, a Maxis games console, a card table, an electric cooker, a hot tub, a telescope, a karaoke machine, two bottles of ReNuYu Porta-Chug, and two pianos! Now I do have OFB, and I know Sims can autonomously buy all sorts of junk in owned shops, but I've only just got OFB, and so far the only owned business is a grocers shop. There are as yet no furniture shops to buy all this stuff from.

Audrey started life as a Downtownie, but moved in with Tom Cornton well over a year ago. She met him through work as they are both in the slacker career. Audrey was already at the top of this career when she moved in. Since there aren't any shops to sell her this stuff, I can only think that she already had it all in her inventory back then. And I've just never looked till now.

So where on earth did she get all this junk from? and why?? Did she have a previous career as a burglar?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#12520 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:05 PM
Downtownies do come with item-laden inventories, AndrewGloria. As far as I know the game randomly generates items upon move-in (I've seen some people complain about worse inventories if their game crashed and they have to do the move-in again). I don't quite know why the game would have coding in to give random inventory items, but it's there.
Mad Poster
#12521 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:15 PM
Thanks Katya. It seems her family could have been living in considerably more luxury than they have been, if I'd only looked.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12522 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:19 PM
I presume it's there so they wouldn't come empty-handed. Who doesn't own a bunch of random stuff that they bring with them when they move in. Townies don't do it, but I believe downtownies were supposed to be richer than townies, and this is one way to make sure they are.

The first downtownie I ever married in was Mr. Big, and I presumed all his stuff was date rewards.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#12523 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 3:22 PM
I discovered a new want. I had 2 adult sims on a date and the did some woohoo in the photo booth. There was an elevator close nearby and as they come out the girl i played rolled a want to woohoo in the elevator. I have never seen that before (most depending on that I never let the sims got so up close and personal on dates) so I did think it was a joke. No, holding the cursor over the elevator not only the regular option came up but the "Try for baby" and "Woohoo" did too. (No I did not use it, one time in public is enough).
Field Researcher
#12524 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:14 PM
Sometimes, if a fire starts, and you quickly cancel the fire action boxlet *just* as it appears, the fire doesn't catch.

Lilith Pleasant pulled this off; the timing has to be perfect. That said, I still don't want her to light any more fires.
Test Subject
#12525 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:29 PM
When using the telescope during the day, it apparently confers X-ray vision on your sim.Lola Curious-Smith was skillinating with the telescope, and from her thought balloons, she was peeping one of my CAS-sims who lives two houses away -- through the house next door, even though the wall facing the Singles house has no windows! This was confirmed when the sim being peeped showed up to shove Lola around.

Also, I learned that, even though the Maxis-made sims are generic and boring looking (and in some cases, kind of ugly), simply using the mirror to change their hair and the wardrobe to change their clothes makes a dramatic change that makes it easier for me to be able to tolerate playing with them. For most of them, I used Maxis hair and clothes, since the backup CD I made of all my CC has disappeared, but they look tons better than the way Maxis made them. In fact, Lola and Chloe Curious-Smith look gorgeous now, even in Maxis fashions. I simply gave them both the long, straight hair that came with one of the EP's, a tiny bit of makeup, and outfits that better fit their aspirations, and voila! they look like completely different sims!
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 501 of 619