Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#12526 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:49 PM
Today I discovered that if you put a garden gnome on the lot and someone steals it (which they do every time it's there), your sim will automatically go and steal it back later. What a pointless cat and mouse game. lol
Advertisement
Inventor
#12527 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:30 PM
it's also funny if you have downloaded items that are cloned off that gnome, therefore are 'for grabs', but you don't know they are cloned off the stealable gnome.
So, the first time I saw a sim pulling a tree out of the ground and stuck it in her inventory, I thought 'wtf are yóu doing', but the action was hilarious to watch.
Later I understood why it happened.
The tree is still quite popular. Several visiting sims have tried to confiscate it, but in that household there's a child that doesn't want to have any of that. He always goes out to get it back. The adults apparently couldn't care less. They never bothered.

Another discovery:
I have the policy a household can have the no burglar sign, after they get robbed once.
If you place that sign right after a burglar came in and got caught, you will receive the message a burglar is removed from the premises. The police officer then will comment he apparently escaped. Uhm, you caught him just before and the family received a reward plus insurance money for the stolen item (in this case a car)! You just told them that!
Conclusion: it might be better to wait awhile before you place that sign.
Mad Poster
#12528 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 9:17 PM
I discovered to my ensuing hilarity that if a family's dog really doesn't like the way anyone is playing the piano, it'll howl along with the piano..
I nearly died laughing at that.
Mad Poster
#12529 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 9:26 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 26th Oct 2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typo
My dog used to do that when he was a puppy. Back then I played the piano, and he'd sit next to me and howl along. His favorites were In the hall of the mountain king, and ballade pour adeline. I'm actually kind of sad he grew out of it. Nowadays he only howls at the ice cream truck.
Inventor
#12530 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I discovered to my ensuing hilarity that if a family's dog really doesn't like the way anyone is playing the piano, it'll howl along with the piano..
I nearly died laughing at that.

Not too long ago there was a family gathering in my hood Csonka Canon at one of the Bakalov sister's house. They played music in the garden. A stray dog came by. It has a dutch name. (Emmertje.) If you translate it literally to English, its name is 'little bucket'.
Anyway, little bucket felt the need to come in the garden and express its displeasure with the choice of music ór just wanted to sing-along.

It's indeed hilarious.
Mad Poster
#12531 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TI99Kitty
When using the telescope during the day, it apparently confers X-ray vision on your sim.Lola Curious-Smith was skillinating with the telescope, and from her thought balloons, she was peeping one of my CAS-sims who lives two houses away -- through the house next door, even though the wall facing the Singles house has no windows! This was confirmed when the sim being peeped showed up to shove Lola around.

It's always the same sim that shows up, no matter who's peeping. So everyone spies on the same sim lol. Apparently it's the sim with the lowest instance number in the neighbourhood, so usually whoever was created first.

I heard my sim cat making a hell of a racket just yesterday and I went to see what was wrong with her. Nothing, she was singing along to the radio. And it is singing along; I moused over the action. XD
Mad Poster
#12532 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 1:12 PM
It's the lowest ID number of playable sims in the neighborhood. So if you add EPs out of order, or add a family bin family after you've been playing for awhile, your telescope slapper might change.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12533 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 3:04 AM
Feeding the bird gives you nature enthusiasm.
Inventor
#12534 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's always the same sim that shows up, no matter who's peeping. So everyone spies on the same sim lol.

Mine is always this old bloke called Harry Hoosier (I downloaded a custom family from the Sims 2 website when I first played the game, although never played them). In some ways he's the perfect person to spy on because I don't care if he has bad relationships with anyone else in the hood, but in other ways you wonder why sims would spy on a mean old git who probably has no sex life and is probably the least interesting sim to watch (pottering about his garden I suppose).
Field Researcher
#12535 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:42 PM
I normally don't have my Sims write term papers in college, but I've been playing a bit and have gotten them to write term papers. Did you know that when Sims are done typing their term paper, they pat themselves on the back for a job well done?
Mad Poster
#12536 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 9:56 PM
Yes they do! They do that with novels, too.

And I once had a sim that I decided had to write a term paper every semester even though he isn't all that intellectual (he struggled in high school), so to get him through it I'd stop him halfway through and his fiancee would ask him for a date. Then when he was nicely platinum and his fun bars were full after sleeping off the dream date, he'd get up and write the paper. And then he could do fun things with his fiancee again.

Swear to plumbob, by the end of sophomore year he'd roll wants to write term papers and to date in tandem!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#12537 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 10:20 PM
If a sim is sitting down, perhaps outside eating a meal and is about to stand up and shoo a dog away, they will start shooing the dog and say '' shoo!! '' starting as they are sitting down. Just a funny detail I mentioned. It's not the classical '' stand up - perform action ''.
Mad Poster
#12538 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:50 AM
Cow mascots can interact with spectral servants. It can be quite funny but a bit worrisome since the spectral servant is a universal NPC. A cow mascot pranked a spectral assistant and got poked. I wish the cow mascot code would have been written to ignore universal NPCs, toddlers and children when it came to things like pranking, various mean interactions and flirting. I mean, a cow mascot can even try to flirt with a toddler. That's just gross.
Test Subject
#12539 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:14 PM
I found out the hard way that when sims are directed to put a bird back in its cage they have to be told to close the cage door. I also learned that when the bird gets out of its cage, it can open the front door and fly outside. >_<

I spent several real-life minutes waiting for the stupid bird to stop flying in and out and all around, and get back in the stupid cage so I could direct one of my sims to slam the cage door shut after it.
Mad Poster
#12540 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:54 PM
Cyjon has a fix for that.

Mad Poster
#12541 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:46 PM
Can the bird fly away off the lot and never to be seen again..no? so where is the problem?
I always leave their door opened.

Oh..and I discovered today, that some clothing mesh are broken from the start..no matter how you work with them. ugh.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12542 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:47 PM
I saw a want and a fear today that I don't think I've ever seen before. Chester Gieke, who was in the "post graduation" period of being a YA, rolled a want to help his friend David Ottomas with an assignment. As they don't live together I opted to cheat and make him selectable when he was at David's party so that he could encourage David to work on an assignment.

Then when I was playing Chester's household he had the fear of David being expelled. As David is currently on academic probation and, as yet, hasn't rolled any wants relating to his studies at all (and according to my way of playing that means that he doesn't study, even if that leads to him being expelled) I guess that Chester was concerned about his friend's academic success being at risk! And it's not just about the learning, either - if David is expelled he will have to serve in the military (his parents only coughed up the tuition fees so that he would be exempt from military service, I reckon) and has a 1/5 chance of dying. So I had Chester invite him over and help him with another assignment. He should pass the year now, and if he can scrape through his second year he'll get an Associate's Degree (again, according to my way of playing) at least, and won't have to do military service.

All in all I thought that Chester's concern about his friend was rather sweet! :-)
Lab Assistant
#12543 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Can the bird fly away off the lot and never to be seen again..no? so where is the problem?

Yes, this happened with one of my birds before.
Test Subject
#12544 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:27 AM

Honestly, I don't know if sim birds can fly away, but having had several parakeets in my life (and my son has a cockatiel, which this family's sim-bird was named after), I get kind of fussy about things like cage doors being properly closed, and not having the bird flying around unattended -- especially since birds in the game can open doors. o_O

It just never occurred to me that anyone putting a pet in a cage would leave the door open. When the bird flew out of the cage, and then out the front door, my thought was , "Dammit, there went 400 Simoleons!" Of course, in hindsight, I realized I should have expected this from "people" who have to be told to stop reading/playing chess/exercising and go use the toilet before they pee themselves... or eat something before they starve to death. (rolls eyes)
Mad Poster
#12545 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:08 AM
I think I'd lose a RL bird within days lol. I like that you can leave the sim cage open, because then I don't feel guilty for cooping the bird up in that horribly boring cage.
Mad Poster
#12546 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:25 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 31st Oct 2014 at 1:00 PM.
I discovered that a nanny can change her outfit.
One day, she can show up in a green plaid skirt...and some other day, she can be wearing a red plaid skirt.
But it is the very same lady...
(I feel like I am repeating myself)

I also discovered that a parent can only "Encourage...nest, playfullness, etc.." if the child/teen has at least one point.
So..since Lune was born with 0 neat points, she'll make puddles showering for the rest of her life... NOT!
I gave her ONE neat point in SimPE...now she can be encouraged. I hate cheating..

Mad Poster
#12548 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:46 PM
More room for you to build!

Mad Poster
#12549 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:25 PM
I'd say, I re-discovered with my TEST family, that no fun/entertainment objects makes sims spend time together way more.
Those sisters are already best friend, with just a few play/test sessions.
If toddler's social motives get a bit low, big sis comes right away.
But you knew that.

Inventor
#12550 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:05 PM
But you knew that.

But what I don't know is where to download that bed and commode and I want it.
So if you can remember where you got it and tell me, that would be great.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 502 of 619