Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#12551 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM
This wasn't doday but a couple of days ago. My sim was out front of his home talking on the phone when a best friend ( a sim I made in CAF) came walking down the sidewalk. I didn't have my sim greet him and the walking by sim went to the trash can. I'm thinking what the... is my sims bf going to kick over the trash can? He didn't kick it over but took the lid off, poked around in it a bit, put the lid back on and just walked on by. So, I discovered ( after all these years) that friendly sims will poke around in your trash can. About pinched myself to see if I wasn't just dreaming.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#12552 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 8:47 PM
I've restarted my Strangetown game, now that I've got my cleaned-up neighborhood set up the way I want. I was making some before/after pics of the Specter family makeover, and I noticed that Olive Specter still wears her wedding ring. I noticed because of this: O_o

Then, when I started up the Smith family to start their makeovers, I saw this: Seems a bit contradictory, no?
Mad Poster
#12553 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:06 PM
Tarlia adjusted the ages when she cleaned up the hoods, so the player would have time to play Johnny as a teen; but the programmed scenario remains.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#12554 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Tarlia adjusted the ages when she cleaned up the hoods, so the player would have time to play Johnny as a teen; but the programmed scenario remains.

I was wondering if it was something like that. Now I know! ^_^

I forgot to mention before... I also found out today that when you send one family member out to shop for clothes for the rest of the family, the mannequins resemble the other family members (but with a light skin tone and random hair):
Alchemist
#12555 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:55 PM
I love that, it does not show alien skin though (I can see you sent Jenny Smith with a makeover)
Mad Poster
#12556 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:46 PM
It always uses the mannequin skin. And generally uses the hair color of the person buying the clothing, though not for elders.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#12557 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I love that, it does not show alien skin though (I can see you sent Jenny Smith with a makeover)

Yep. ^_^ I had stood each of the Smiths in front of the mirror, then went to "Plan Outfit," and realized I'd forgotten to get them new clothing. I posted pics of my EAxis sims makeovers here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...640#post4588640 It's amazing how much better they look after just changing hair and clothes (and, in Jenny's case, making her lipstick a bit more subtle).

I still need to work on the Grunt, Curious and Beaker families, and the Singles household. I saw where someone had made Ripp Grunt look like a girl, and I'm thinking I may do something similar in my game, just because his dad is in the military and I think that would be funny. ^_~

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It always uses the mannequin skin. And generally uses the hair color of the person buying the clothing, though not for elders.

I hadn't noticed about the hair color, since Johnny and Jill have the same hair color as Jenny, but I did notice that the mannequins had different styles than I had given them, and seemed to randomize the style every time the mannequins were accessed (i.e., for each clothing style).

fake edit: I also learned today that I am very addicted to this thread. I'm spending more time reading it than playing my sims (currently on page 242).
Mad Poster
#12558 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:57 PM
I learned that Sims can trim bushes on their own. I made a CAS Student with high neat points and moved her into the same dorm as Tybalt Capp. When they came back from class she started trimming the bushes outside the dorm on her own.
Lab Assistant
#12559 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:47 AM
If Sims die when they are freezing, their picture will remain gray forever.

I thought a good way for romance Sim Brandon Lillard to spend his last hours was messing around with his girlfriend in the hot tub. Unfortunately, the hot tub was outside and it was the middle of winter, so after they had whoohooed a couple of times, he was in motive failure from the cold. He went inside to make hot chocolate, but before he had a chance to drink any the Grim Reaper showed up. So, yeah, now his picture in everyone's memories is gray. *sigh* At least he died with platinum aspiration and got the cool tombstone, though!
Mad Poster
#12560 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:50 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 1st Nov 2014 at 6:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
But what I don't know is where to download that bed and commode and I want it.
So if you can remember where you got it and tell me, that would be great.

I made this set.
The toddler bed is just my idea...but is not amongst the RL set. (Little Tikes, did this years ago, see pic attached) and the commode is a changing table.
This is called "A Star Is Born" and can be found at Rivièra Maison's Website ....(not the actual sims 2 set hehe, the real life one)
I am not done working on it, this is why this is my TEST family
There is also..a crib, a single bed, a pet bed, an armoire..some walls..
But me still struggles on my toddler bed's motives.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12561 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:52 AM
That sims could look at the menu before being seated ?!?
A restaurant I made, owned by a dear sim of mine..but anyways!!
I just never saw this before.

Instructor
#12562 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 6:55 AM
In all my years of playing, I never knew that sims could woohoo in a sauna until one of my characters rolled up a want for it just now.
Mad Poster
#12563 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 11:54 AM
This is probably old news to everyone else, but I just noticed the other day that when sims trim a bush, it leaves leaves around the bottom of the bush for 12 hours or so! A nice little detail that I had either forgotten or not noticed before.

The mannequin will use another sim's face, but uses the skintone of the sim who is shopping.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#12564 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:49 PM
A teenage sim ran to her room while covering her face and then cried after watching a fight between her now divorced parents. I've never seen that before! It was kinda cool, as in realistic.
Inventor
#12565 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I made this set.

That of course was a possibility as well.
Good for you!
Too bad you haven't finished it yet to upload it somewhere. I definitely would be interested.

the commode is a changing table.

In my country a commode ís a changing table.
Alchemist
#12566 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 8:14 PM
That sims could look at the menu before being seated ?!?
A restaurant I made, owned by a dear sim of mine..but anyways!!
I just never saw this before.

That is sure an interesting customer
Mad Poster
#12567 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:26 AM
That of course was a possibility as well.
Good for you!
Too bad you haven't finished it yet to upload it somewhere. I definitely would be interested.

Then I'll think of you when I'm done.

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
That is sure an interesting customer

Raoul Haunter. My Graveskeeper who owns R.I.A Aridia's cemetery. He is a good one.

Mad Poster
#12568 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:55 AM

LOL, to me a commode is a toilet. I spent a confused while trying to find the nonexistent toilet in that picture.
Mad Poster
#12569 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:35 AM
In french, a commode is a dresser.

Mad Poster
#12570 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 3:59 AM
It is possible in English for a commode to be either a small dresser, a particular kind of table, or a toilet. I was raised calling them commodes - toilet still sounds wrong and slightly icky to me, like I'm swearing.

English's flexibility is one of its strengths, but it also makes for a strange and confusing language.

I just got finished with a really good party from which almost all the guests left early. It's a small on-campus house with only one bathroom and no room to dance, so no stereo - the only "fun" items are easels, the computer, the womrat, and the bookcase. Marla Biggs, the hostess, has few friends, so she invited the top seven students in her relationship panel, and they all showed up. Most of them were already friends with at least one other person, and the two that don't are triple bolters; however, one guest was also mad as blazes at another. People were studying together, jostling for position in the bathroom, playing with the womrat, eating, playing the computer, joking, chatting, and telling dirty jokes. Marla had to go to class with 30 minutes left on the timer, leaving her housemate Woody Weiss in charge, and guests started excusing themselves either because they were low on fun (nobody forced you to study) or hadn't been able to commandeer the bathroom long enough to use it. By the time the counter timer wrapped up, the only person left was Woody's best friend Scot Land, in the middle of a dirty joke. But the score was "good time," which I thought was excellent under the circumstances.

Theorist
#12571 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:09 PM
That chairs wobble a bit when children climb into them (probably just my imagination...but it looks especially tippy when the base of a chair is just a small circle ).

That running a business is much more fun and profitable when the only employee is the owner. Sure, you might lose a customer or two when the shop is really, really busy, but the low overhead balances thing out (everything in this shop is expensive anyhow).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#12572 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
That chairs wobble a bit when children climb into them (probably just my imagination...

The chairs does wobble. You're not seeing things.

Mad Poster
#12573 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:08 PM
I had no idea that dogs howled so pitifully when their owners died :'( OMG. I almost cried. And it was one of my favourite sims as well.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12574 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I had no idea that dogs howled so pitifully when their owners died :'( OMG. I almost cried. And it was one of my favourite sims as well.

What would happen, if then the dog was the only sim left on the lot? Sorry...it is probably not your case Simsfreq, It just never happened to me. So I wonder.

Theorist
#12575 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 4:30 PM
The chairs does wobble. You're not seeing things.

Oh I know. The 'imagination' reference was about the portion I added in parenthesis only.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 503 of 619