Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#226 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 6:26 AM
Hi cwnz,

I cloned these for you. I was thinking I had already done them, but I couldn't find them anywhere. These are the steps I took:

What you need:
s3pe, s30c, and TS3 Recompressor.
(You only need the recompressor for EA store worlds)

In my Sims 3 Folder, I cleaned out my DCBackup folder leaving just the ccmerged file in it.
Install Barnacle Bay through the launcher.
Make a new folder on your desktop and add: 1.) the new contents of the DCBackup, minus the ccmerged. This is all the extra items included with BB. and the BB.world 2.) add the contents of the s3rc-win.rar you downloaded. This will include a decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe.
Highlight everything in the folder except the two .exe's and drag them on top of the decrapify.exe. A black window will pop up as it "decrapifies" all those .packages.
As it turns out, the sea wall pieces were in the BB.world file so I didn't have to look through the rest of the .packages.
Open s3oc, click File/Open Package, and navigate to the folder with all the BB .packages you just decrapified. Open the largest file, then click on the item you want to clone. Initializing tabs will pop up, when done click "Clone or Fix".
I ticked "Create Clone Package" and clicked Start.
Name your .package and when it's done, Open it up in s3pe.
Find the OBJD, highlight it, and click on "Grid"
Under Common Block Change Version to 0x0000000E Click Commit
Under Common Block Change IsVisibleInWorldBuilder to True
These two things were already set correctly when I did it.
Change BuildCatagoryFlags to 0x00008000 Click Commit
Save and drop your .packages in your Caw Framework.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BarnacleBay_SeaWalls.rar (1.17 MB, 191 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:11 AM
thank you so much :-)
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 1:36 PM
I´m working on costum plants and trees and everything just works fine. But I can´t figure out how to rename the objects in caw - they just appear as the objectname I cloned (which is a bit annoying when you first have to test if it´s the object you want to place). I have all these multilanguage STBLs defined in S3OC and they work in the game. But I have no idea how to rename the name displayed in caw.
Could someone help me here?

Im not a native speaker
Inventor
#229 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 1:45 PM
If you are talking about the same name you see with S3OC when you clone an
object, that's the "InstanceName" and you can set it with S3PE using Grid. It's
the field between "Materials" and "OBJKIndex". Keep in mind that only OBJDs
of version >= 0x16 have that field.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 2:30 PM Last edited by lolalule : 3rd Apr 2015 at 2:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
If you are talking about the same name you see with S3OC when you clone an
object, that's the "InstanceName" and you can set it with S3PE using Grid. It's
the field between "Materials" and "OBJKIndex". Keep in mind that only OBJDs
of version >= 0x16 have that field.

Thank you Arsil, you´re always so helpful

I found the field, changed it but it does not work. I think it has something to do with the translation, because the one i tested is translated. I will install the english version of caw and try it again.

Edit: No thats not the problem. Now its the english name, but not that one, that i wrote as the instancename.

Im not a native speaker
Inventor
#231 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Arsil : 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:19 PM.
Oh, maybe I know what's the problem. Is your game (or CAW) localized?
When you clone an object with S3OC, after you change its name and
description, you also have to tick "Copy English to all languages" otherwise
it will keep the old strings (those of the object you are cloning).

You can also change them later with S3PE or one of the many tools that
deal with STBL resources (I use Easy STBL Manager).
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 4:23 PM Last edited by lolalule : 4th Apr 2015 at 4:46 PM.
What do you mean with localized? I easily changed the caw language to en - my game is german.

I first copied all resources I need to a new package. After that I cloned it with S3OC and then edit the description and catalog name (and ticked copy english to all languages). And the STBLs are in the package. The description and catalog name appears in the game - so everythings fine with that. But that does not affect the name shown in the caw metadata panel.
I think thats a caw related problem, that could not be solved with a change in a .package - there are those dll files in the caw bin folder with the resource names. The only reason I want to change the name is for people who download the objects can easily find them, but when it´s depending on your caw installation...

Next time I clone an object that has no translation in caw, maybe then caw takes the resource name.

Edit: that wasnt the thing.

But I tried to copy that plant with TSR and now it shows the Instance Id of _SPT, SPT2 and FTPT. When I open that .package with S3OC there is no resource name. Changing the name (and instance) in S3PE has no effect - it just shows the new instance id. But thats better than the name as the cloned object.

Arsil you made a tree in my thread and somehow your tree is named as your defined catalogname. I have no clue how you´ve done that Cause my catalogname is never shown, and I have all the necessary STBLs.
I opened your tree in S3PE and search for any differences wasnt succesful until now...

It has to be a really stupid mistake ...
Screenshots

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
#233 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 12:14 PM
Can someone make mirrored version (switch left side with right side) of Riverview distant terrain???
Test Subject
#234 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 7:24 AM
Permanent Tents Question
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Permanent Tents
Requires World Adventures, show up in the buydebug Miscellaneous menu.
These are the erected tents so that you can build your own base camps in a vacation world, or just make a camp ground in your main world. Sims will not put these in their inventories.

I know this thread is really old, but I'm hoping someone is still around that can help me out. I'm trying to install custom tents on a community lot, but every time I edit the world from CAW, the tents have rolled back into bags. I tried looking at the permanent tents file provided in this thread to see how it was altered to keep the WA tents permanently erected, but nothing I'm trying is working. They are still regular tents. Is there some advice anyone could give on how to make these custom tents remain permanently erected? Thanks.
Test Subject
#235 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 2:15 PM
Various in-game items enabled for CAW
It always annoys me when I see an object in the build catalog that would suit my world, only to find it doesn't show up in CAW metadata.

So, I was really pleased when I found GiLaNg's mod here that enables some Twinbrook items, and GiLaNg's instructions here that enabled me to learn this myself. I wrote a tutorial here to accompany GiLaNg's instructions.

Over the past few months I've modded several items, and so I'm putting them here for you all to try out.

Showtime items- see post 3.

Some other community members have liberated hidden items for you too- links below:

If an item you need is not in this thread or GiLaNg's thread, then check out Shimrod's mod too (all of those items will show in metadata). If you still cannot find the item you need, please consider modding it yourself and then sharing it in our resources section. If you want to have every build/buy object available in metadata, consider using SuperCAW.

Instructions: Install to your CAW framework, as described here:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...p:CAW_Framework

None of these items are modified in any way other than to allow them to be accessed in CAW.
If you use these objects in your worlds then people who play your worlds will NOT have to download these items (as they are already in the game files) provided that they have the required EPs.

Twinbrook Items (not included in GiLaNg's mod)
The following require the Ambitions EP.
Barn Without Vane:

Shows up in CAW metadata as 'Wooden Barn'

Industrial Water Tower

Shows up in CAW metadata as 'Water Tower Redux'

Ruins Station

Shows up in CAW metadata as 'Lost Ruins'

Swamp Ground Fog:

It's animated in game but will look static in CAW. This is visible from a distance, unlike the Fog Emitters. In Twinbrook they used this effect alongside the fog emitters to get the swamp effect. Shows up in CAW metadata as 'FX Swamp Ground Fog'

China Object:

The following requires the World Adventures EP.
Storage Shed

Shows up in CAW metadata as 'Shed Storage China name needs text'

Pets Items
The following require the Pets EP.

Other Pets items missing from CAW are available- fences here by TVRDesigns and animal spawners here by porphyria259.

The following items are all bundled together in one package- download 'Bluefunk_PetsMetadata.zip'.

Brick Wall

The post shows up in metadata as 'Brick and Mortar Fence'.
The fence shows up in metadata as 'Rustic Ranch Fence'.

Waylon's Water Tower

Shows up in metadata as 'Waylon's Water Tower'. This item is huge- as big as a high rise!

Haystack

Shows up in metadata as 'Haystack'.
It is 'woohooable' in-game!

Standee Sasquatch

Shows up in metadata as 'sasquatch standee'.

Pets Hitching Rails and Water Trough As requested by heaven!

The following require the Pets EP.

The hitching rails and water trough are bundled in one package- download 'Bluefunk_HitchingPosts.zip'.

The three hitching rails and water trough from Pets. Show up in metadata as:
Iron Hooves Hitching Post
Natural Rustic Hitching Post
Western Hitching Post
Wild 'n' Wet Water Trough
Are fully functional when placed in-world- for the hitching rails, horses can be hitched to them and can eat and drink; for the water trough, horses can drink from it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm gonna love this when I download it
Test Subject
#236 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:59 AM
To Heaven
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I am absolutely ecstatic that I found this. I am in the process of editing Riverview (kind of a in-the-future, population growth Riverview) but it's just not the same without the distant terrain.

EDIT: By the way, I -think- I have the terrain placed about where it should be. There may be some minor tweaking but the rivers and roads seem to align properly. The coordinates are:
Position X: -7.35993528
Position Y: 209.380753
Position Z: 2033.22974
All rotations should = 0.

You are always helpful
You are always there to
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:14 AM
Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a "farm" themed world and I would very much like to use the bridges from riverview. My question is; if I share the world, will people need to download the riverview bridges from this thread or will they automatically be available in the world? Also are these bridges considered custom content? Thanks in advance.
dodgy builder
#238 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amichan619
Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a "farm" themed world and I would very much like to use the bridges from riverview. My question is; if I share the world, will people need to download the riverview bridges from this thread or will they automatically be available in the world? Also are these bridges considered custom content? Thanks in advance.

If they don't have Riverview, they wont have them in the world, so they might end up with no bridge. You can choose if you want to put it up as a requirement they have Riverview, or download from here.

I don't remember, but isn't Riverview free and available at the store?
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If they don't have Riverview, they wont have them in the world, so they might end up with no bridge. You can choose if you want to put it up as a requirement they have Riverview, or download from here.

I don't remember, but isn't Riverview free and available at the store?

So basically as if people have riverview then the bridge will automatically show up am I correct? And yes I do believe riverview is free to download from the store.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#240 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 10:12 AM
Yes, they all require Riverview.

You need to download the files from here, as well as having Riverview installed.

If people have Riverview installed then the bridges will show up for them, as long as they didn't decrapify their version of Riverview.

Get Riverview here:
https://store.thesims3.com/riverview
Lab Assistant
#241 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 4:05 PM
Yes, they all require Riverview.

You need to download the files from here, as well as having Riverview installed.

If people have Riverview installed then the bridges will show up for them, as long as they didn't decrapify their version of Riverview.

Get Riverview here:
https://store.thesims3.com/riverview

Awesome thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:03 PM
Hey everyone.

I used some items such as the 2 arch type of bridge used in Riverview etc. but when I went in EIG all the custom added items were gone. I saved and went back and all the items were gone for good in my world...I thought it was only gone in EIG but sadly it's just gone...
I used the 2 arches for a bridge and these walls: http://modthesims.info/t/483599

How come this happened????
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 2:32 PM
Hey I am not sure if the OP is still active / will see this (here is hoping that he is) *fingers crossed*

Its me again, I have recently downloaded all the Sims 3 again, as well us the final Super CAW, all these items appear in the CAW meta data, but the Distant Terrain and all four bridges do not show up in either the game or CAW metadata, I saw my last post about it not working before, until I moved the ingame files into my mods folder for The Sims 3, but this time it doesn't show up in either edit in game, or CAW. So I was just wondering if the DT and bridges are fully updated? If not, can anyone help? Thanks!
Screenshots

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
#244 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 8:11 PM
@alext369
I hope my answer isn't too late... Do you mean the riverview stuff? They only show up if you have the world installed either as pack or package (world file).
Lab Assistant
#245 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 1:23 AM
@Fluse I did mean the RV stuff, I have it installed and loaded in game. *shrugs*

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 7:42 AM
@alext369
I looked a bit closer on your second image, the one with the overrides and packages folder. You have to put both ingame files INTO either the packages or the overrides folder, not just only into the mods folder (:
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 9:31 AM Last edited by alext369 : 6th Apr 2020 at 9:52 AM. Reason: IMG not working
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@alext369
I looked a bit closer on your second image, the one with the overrides and packages folder. You have to put both ingame files INTO either the packages or the overrides folder, not just only into the mods folder (:

Really sorry! For some reason I did not see my notification!

So, attached is a screenie from my Mods / packages folder. Left screen is my Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods folder. Right is My Computer > Program Files x86 > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 CAW Tool > Packages folder.

Both frameworks have been changed, the issue is that the distant terrain and bridges do not show up in either game, nor CAW, however, all other objects in the package files does.

Have I got these files in the correct places?

Why can I not figure this out! Sorry and thank you again!! (I have this thread bookmarked in case it doesn't show up anymore / I don not see the notifaction).

EDIT:

I have found the objects in CAW, however, they are listed as numbers. Do I have a issue? It shows up in game etc...

Distant Terrain - 00000000'000f4253
Two arch bridge - 00000000'000f4262
Three Arch - 00000000'000f4263
Four Arch - 00000000'000f4264
One Arch - 00000000'000f4265
Screenshots

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 1:09 PM
@alext369 no reason to be sorry (:
You put the files in the correct folders, very good. The bridges and the distant terrain won't show up in Edit Town Mode, just in CAW, they are just world objects and not meant to be found in the buy/build catalogue in game, but obviously you already know that (:
The numbers behind these objects are pretty normal and nothing to worry about.
Test Subject
#249 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:23 PM
Hi i was wondering if you could make a mod to unlock the ultimate venue shell from the showtime limited edition on the catalog, i already have the lot it in my game but it's locked by ea and it doesnt show up on buydebug.
dodgy builder
#250 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starsong765
Hi i was wondering if you could make a mod to unlock the ultimate venue shell from the showtime limited edition on the catalog, i already have the lot it in my game but it's locked by ea and it doesnt show up on buydebug.

Have you seen how old this thread is
Page 10 of 11