Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2676 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 8:17 PM
They aren't stencils, at least I don't think they are for the shower. The "Stars" on the coat rack are a part of the mesh. The Swirls on the shower might be a multiplier, and I don't want the object to look really flat when I remove it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2677 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 2:49 AM
I'm so jealous of the Americans they can get their copy in just a few days! It will just about kill me seeing everyone posting photos and writing about the EP. But on the positive side it'll give me time to find everything out that I need to from the other simmers. Next Saturday, hurry up please!

19 - Female - Australia
Eminence Grise
#2678 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Don't even worry about that lady on the left, worry about the dude who sat there all day in the hotdog costume.

Rofl... well, that was Graham, and I am prepared to forgive him anything because of the informative and detailed technical information he gives out on Twitter the man has brains!

And, since I respect him, I will not mention what that hot dog costume reminds me of ><

Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
I'm so jealous of the Americans they can get their copy in just a few days! It will just about kill me seeing everyone posting photos and writing about the EP. But on the positive side it'll give me time to find everything out that I need to from the other simmers. Next Saturday, hurry up please!

On the bright side, you'll have updated mods and, if not bugfixes, at least a heads up on the bugs
Mad Poster
#2679 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 7:10 PM
i loved graham's hotdog costume. i always thought he was such an adorable geek :p
Mad Poster
#2680 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii

This is why you preorder from an American site.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#2681 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies

Can u install the American version of Seasons version onto a European version of TS3?
Scholar
#2682 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 12:24 AM
Thanks that's a lot of information you got there, but there are some life happines awards like the macine that changes the weather and the thing that you can stay in the heat to long without heating up, and I thing the is one for the cold too! All thought I didn't know anything about build/buy, thanks!!
Forum Resident
#2683 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies

I expect if I ordered it from an American site it would take three weeks to get here... I think buying it from a shop here will be quicker

How many people are planning to download it? Or do you prefer a physical copy? I'll be buying a disc - I have a small download limit anyway and don't want to use it up, and I like having the actual disc in case I have to re-install, or get a new computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#2684 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 1:29 AM
*sigh*

The release date clashed with Deepavali, a religious public holiday for the Indians here. Which means the store will be closed and I'll have to pick it up a day later.
Mad Poster
#2685 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 2:32 AM
No kidding around, this is sad news, Emino. *sigh* I will miss your special updates on release day.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#2686 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
How many people are planning to download it? Or do you prefer a physical copy? I'll be buying a disc - I have a small download limit anyway and don't want to use it up, and I like having the actual disc in case I have to re-install, or get a new computer.

Pretty much every online game vendor these days gives you unlimited re-downloads, so that part isn't an issue. In fact it's generally handier, since you can be anywhere on any computer and install your games. I was a late adopter of downloading software relative to most of my friends, but now that I've switched over I'll never go back to disks... like getting my game in the middle of the night before release day, instead of waiting for the next morning to go to the store, and like not having to hunt down disks and serial numbers in my (rather untidy!) study.

Data cap is another matter of course
Mad Poster
#2687 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 7:54 AM
Srikandi, do they allow downloading the digital at midnight or do you have to wait until noon on that day? I have read that some couldn't get the digital download until the middle of the release day?

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#2688 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Pretty much every online game vendor these days gives you unlimited re-downloads, so that part isn't an issue. In fact it's generally handier, since you can be anywhere on any computer and install your games. I was a late adopter of downloading software relative to most of my friends, but now that I've switched over I'll never go back to disks... like getting my game in the middle of the night before release day, instead of waiting for the next morning to go to the store, and like not having to hunt down disks and serial numbers in my (rather untidy!) study.

Data cap is another matter of course

The line at my house is slow. I don't like to go to people houses just to download games. Also, bring physical copies helps my favorite gaming shop stays open. This is good considering the only other alternatives was piracy and I'm not 16 anymore to resort to piracy when I can afford the software now.

Plus: when I buy physical, I get digital copies as well, whereby if I buy digital, I won't get physical copies.
Eminence Grise
#2689 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Srikandi, do they allow downloading the digital at midnight or do you have to wait until noon on that day? I have read that some couldn't get the digital download until the middle of the release day?

It depends on who your digital provider is, and it changes from one release to the next... there's no hard and fast answer.

When Supernatural came out, I had preordered with GameFly, which had taken over Direct2Drive... a service I had been using for most of my TS3 games, since at the time of TS3's release they offered free redownloads and EADM didn't (Origin hadn't been released yet). And at that time TS3 was not available on Steam. So I stuck with Direct2Drive/Gamefly in order to have the convenience of having all my TS3 games in one place, should I need to redownload (which I have done more than once).

In the case of Supernatural, however, Gamefly didn't release till midday on Tuesday, whereas Origin had the game available at 9:00 PM PST (midnight EST) on Monday. Was quite frustrating as my friends who were using Origin had the game before me. I tend to go to bed around 3am PST so that was a lot of gaming hours.... but yes, it is completely irrational to be so concerned about getting games at the earliest possible moment, I make no defense of that obsession

So, this time I'm going to get it from Origin. I'm assuming that since SPN came out so recently, Seasons will be the same.

The point of that whole long-winded story, though, is that providers change their policies all the time and it is really hard to generalize. However, SOME digital distributors will typically have the game the night before release day, whereas no brick and mortar stores will.
Mad Poster
#2690 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 10:14 AM
Gotcha, thanks Srikandi. I am going to attempt calling the local gaming stores and see if they will let me get tomorrow, sometimes it works. If not, I will just wait until Tuesday midnight, there are some special happening, game stores are open for another game. Forgot the name, not important to me if it's not Sims.

Mad Poster
#2691 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 11:26 AM
I haven't made the switch to digital purchases of games at all. I still prefer physical copies.
There is also the benefit that if/when I move house and I have to wait for an internet connection to be established, I will quite happilly be able to install my games and play them straight away.
Besides, I like being able to see the game cases lined up on my shelf. (even if I have run out of space)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#2692 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 11:35 AM
No kidding around, this is sad news, Emino. *sigh* I will miss your special updates on release day.

Getting to the store on the next day though. That's the same day with you guys in America!
Field Researcher
#2693 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 2:25 PM
I prefer too physical copies, i like to have games in my own hands. Purchase digital copies only for games that cannot hit the stores, like Cognition episodes (bought season pass) or Dear Eshter.
Mad Poster
#2694 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 6:58 PM
The wait is over for me, I got my hands on a cold, hard copy, DVD disc! Woot! Installing right now, can't wait!

Thank you Gamestop store manager for having a heart and looking at my puppy eyes, not turning me away. *HUGS*

Mad Poster
#2695 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 7:04 PM
The wait is over for me, I got my hands on a cold, hard copy, DVD disc! Woot! Installing right now, can't wait!

Thank you Gamestop store manager for having a heart and looking at my puppy eyes, not turning me away. *HUGS*

Please post lots of pictures.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2696 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 8:31 PM

Which Gamestop store manager? I'm even going to bring my puppy, as she has much better puppy eyes than I do.
Mad Poster
#2697 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:38 AM
Thought I would stop a bit. I installed my niece's game first and helped her navigate around, every new event she was calling for me to look at it. I was having problems with my computer, one of my RAM sticks fried the other day and I thought something major happened when my computer crashed to reboot. I was playing with only 6GB of RAM, thought my computer crashing was caused with a virus or something. Thought about it and in my excitement forgot to DEP the .exe file.

Things went very well after that, didn't even turn down my settings and no problems playing. I know I can't stand the festival lots couldn't figure out what all I needed and where to find the stuff. So I am playing with the game's festival lot, atm. My niece got to play further than I did, so I watch the seasons change from summer to fall to winter and it's fast approaching spring in her game. I am so impressed with the changing weather, how rain tempers down the snow, how rain storms with thunder and lightening are presented, I am totally blown away. EA did really well with this one.

I am playing with all my mods from Twallan, Blue and TFM. They are working well for the most part, I think Register needs code updates to accommodate the ticket booth registers. It keeps looping, so I had to do things manual. I turned on the attraction system back on by removing Shimrods mod and it makes better sense now, but still not happy with it. I am happy my couple are finally attracted to each other. I am sure some script mods have to be updated for the new game codes.

A couple of pics I have available, once my niece and everyone go to bed, I will try to get back on the game. So much freaking fun.

Love how the work schedule have the holidays indicated on it.

Don't always need to read the paper or go to the computer to check the weather. Just hover over the weather icon, it will come up.

Will be getting more pictures up later. Should I post them here or in a picture thread?

Eskie227, I am in Chicago and Gamestop don't really sell PC games but at only 2 stores in my area. I called the 1st store and found that out. Called the 2nd store and they were not budging, but the lady at the 3rd said "sure we have it...want me to reserve it for you to pick up today?" I ran out the door so fast, thought I would get a speeding ticket running to the car. Was so scare she would catch on and not release it until Tuesday. I was my baby's heroine today. :giggle:

Field Researcher
#2698 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:59 AM
Does anyone know the release date for Australia? I thought it was Saturday the 17th but I have a feeling it must be Thursday the 15th?

19 - Female - Australia
Top Secret Researcher
#2699 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:15 AM
Will be getting more pictures up later. Should I post them here or in a picture thread?

Post in this subforum, but make a new thread. Easy for us to keep up.
Mad Poster
#2700 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 8:03 AM
It probably won't be until the end of the week until I see my copy. So, I'd love to peep in on your pictures, Lewisb40.

What a nice Gamestop lady, btw.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Page 108 of 111