Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:03 AM
Mesh Disappears in CTU after save
Hopefully this makes sense but I changed the amTopShirtTee_crew and made it a tiny bit longer. Changed the LODs and whatnot, saved it and it worked fine in game.

But if I then open up the newly saved file and save it again it no longer works, goes invisible in game and CTU says it couldn't find a mesh. Why would it be doing this? I don't have to add in the new mesh everytime I want to add stencils do I?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 12:10 PM
No, you don't have to change the mesh every time. Did you remember to give the mesh a new name? And to commit after changing the name and importing the new LODs? Are you looking at the "Designs" tab in CTU?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 12:29 PM
Yes, I changed the name and commited it. When I first open my new saved file I can see my new mesh in the design tab and I can change the colours and add stencils and all that. It's when I save it again and then try to open it, the mesh is gone.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 12:37 PM
This happens when you use ''save as'', only use ''save'' if you want to update a existing package.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
This happens when you use ''save as'', only use ''save'' if you want to update a existing package.

That worked! I can't believe it was so simple. Thanks so much for sorting this out for me guys :D