Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Robodl95 : 6th Feb 2011 at 3:17 AM.
Default Anyone know how to edit EP flags for CAS content?
I've converted all of the LN shoes (well I have about two left to do technically...) for teenagers (stupid EA excluding the teens) but I would like if they didn't require the EP.
1. Is this even allowed? Should I keep them requiring the EP? Will EA come attack me or will it break MTS rules? I did have to edit the meshes for all of them, they don't include the original for adults either...
2. If the answer is okay for #1 then how do I accomplish this? I assume it's a little figure in the CASP file but I couldn't find it. I also tried the EP converter tool on this site but it seems outdated and it screwed the package I tested it on... I'd prefer to not have to reclone every file btw.

I tried searching but all the info I found was for objects.

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:47 PM
Aren't you using the original EA textures, though? Those will require LN.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:47 PM
For starters you can not convert the shoes to teen by simply setting them to teen category, teens have diffrent morphs so gaps will appear when using the sliders.
Therefore you need to clone the file(either the EP one or a basegame one) and update the (textures) meshes and morphdata.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 11:51 PM Last edited by Robodl95 : 5th Feb 2011 at 4:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Aren't you using the original EA textures, though? Those will require LN.

But what about all the age conversions from the store and stuff in TS2? They included textures... I remember Peeps doing a conversion of the H&M hoodies (my favorite S2 child clothing ever) using the original textures that was approved, are you talking for MTS sake or just general compatibility? If it must require LN then I will link to the textures but if not then I will include the textures which will make a lot of people happy. I'm considering doing 2 versions for those with LN who would like a faster game (linking to textures) and for those without (including the textures)

Quote:
For starters you can not convert the shoes to teen by simply setting them to teen category, teens have diffrent morphs so gaps will appear when using the sliders. Therefore you need to clone the file(either the EP one or a basegame one) and update the (textures) meshes and morphdata.

Did that all already, it looks perfect in game

Hi I'm Paul!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 12:17 AM
We generally prefer it if textures are linked to, where appropriate, rather than included. However, we won't reject something just because it includes EA textures, if there is a good reason to do so.

I was talking about general compatibility, and as you say, best practise in terms of filesize, redundant files etc.

Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Robodl95 : 5th Feb 2011 at 12:29 AM.
Would I get in trouble for doing the two versions? (one for LN people and one for those without)? Or do I have to choose one?

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:13 PM
Am I looking in the right place to find this sort of data? I'm assuming it's something in the CASP part but when comparing it to a BG teen shoe I don't see a difference :/

Hi I'm Paul!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:59 PM
The EP flag is normally in the first byte of the group ID - for example all the LN group numbers start with x28. If you set the group to start with x00 it should be compatible with base game and all EPs.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Robodl95 : 6th Feb 2011 at 6:18 PM.
Thanks so much Cmar

edit: I'm getting the same problem that I got when using the EP converter tool. The body turns gray and the shoes mesh turns invisible.

Hi I'm Paul!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Thanks so much Cmar

edit: I'm getting the same problem that I got when using the EP converter tool. The body turns gray and the shoes mesh turns invisible.

Which files did you change the group ID for? As I recall when I did this for tattoos, I had to change the group ID for every file in the package, and then update the links in the CAS part file.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 3:14 AM
Wow do you change the links in the CASP file?

Hi I'm Paul!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 11:29 AM
This doesn't describe the same process, but Step 18 under non-default should help: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/01/r...-resources.html

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#13 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 12:32 PM
Yes, use the grid in S3PE to display the TGI list in the CASP, find the TGI of each of your images, meshes, etc. and update the groupID.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:32 PM
So replace the instances? For every resource? (I replaced the VXPY and it was the same) or just the links?

Hi I'm Paul!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 10:06 PM
Not the instance - the group. TGI links are formatted as type:group:instance, it's the middle section you want to change. aWT's thing is just explaining how to change those links - what you want to change them to is different in this case.
You've already changed the groups of each resource; now you need to update the links to match.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#16 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 10:00 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Feb 2011 at 1:56 AM.
Just the group IDs in the files and in the links from the CASP file. Tonight when I'm home I can post a couple of screen grabs to show you what I mean.

** Later...

I don't know exactly what's in your clothing package, so I'll use an example with LOTS of files - one of Bloom's creations. (Hope that's okay, Bloom.)

After you change all the group IDs in your package so they start with 00, you can open the CASP - highlight it, click Grid, and expand the TGI blocks section. Click the little [...] button that appears when you highlight the TGI blocks line and you get a nice editor interface. You'll have to find all the links in that list that are not 00 in the first two characters of the group ID and change them to 00. Then go through the BBLN files, if you have any, and check the links to BGEO files; and the VPXYs. The VPXYs are a pain and you have to keep drilling down and expanding stuff to find all the TGI lists.

But the hard part is you have to track down every TGI you find that has an LN group ID and make sure the file it points to is in your package. If anything points to game files, you'll have to track it down, extract it from the EP Fullbuild, change the group ID, and include it in your package.

A little OT, but the more I use S3PE the more I'm impressed with it. It's just amazing how much it can do.
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 10:23 PM
I get the idea but it's still not working. The mesh is actually appearing in game now (instead of invisible) so I know I have to have done something right. Do I change it in the BONDs and TXTRs also?

Hi I'm Paul!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#18 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 10:53 PM
Yes, you'll have to change the group IDs for EVERY file in your package (if they start with anything other than 00) and also in every link from every file that has a TGI block.

BTW, how did you make these? I think CTU always makes base-game compatible packages but I don't know what TSRW does.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 11:08 PM Last edited by whiterider : 9th Feb 2011 at 1:41 AM.
CTU does make basegame compatible stuff as it doesn't have the ability to do otherwise, but it'd be wise to change the group of the CASP manually before importing it into CTU (if you clone an EP CASP) if your goal is to make a BG compatible whatsit.

Edit: Ok, sorry, that made no sense. It makes content which is flagged as basegame compatible, although it might still rely on EP meshes/textures/etc based on how the content was made. The groups will always start with 00.

Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:29 AM
I used TSRW

I've gone back and checked through every resource about 4 times for any hidden blocks and I can't find anything. I'm including the file in hopes that someone might be able to tell me what I'm missing.

You don't need to include images linked from the BG right?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Teen Wedge Boots.rar (359.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Hi I'm Paul!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#21 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 1:31 AM
From a quick look, the CASP TGIs seem to be referencing a lot of resources that aren't in the package. Did you check them to make sure they're from the base game and not in the EP?

You said the mesh is showing up now - what's the issue you're having? Is the body still turning gray?
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 3:16 AM
Yes, the texture spills over the body still.

Is there a way to find out what I'm linking to? It's all those things little things like skin-spec, part mask, etc. that no one pays attention to, They look like default textures that would be from the BG but it's very possible they might be from the EP. I just have no idea how to know for sure.

Hi I'm Paul!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 11:45 AM
All textures are in FullBuild2, so you can check by looking for images in that file with the instance of the images your shoes are using. In TSRW (or CTU, though that's not entirely relevant), you should also be able to disable its use of the EPs in Preferences, which I guess would cause it to throw errors if any of the textures are from the EPs.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#24 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 7:32 PM
Yes, it's basically just a matter of looking for each TGI in FullBuild2. If it's not there, look in the EP folders for the EP Build packages - find the texture (or whatever it is), extract it, change the Group ID to start with 00, and add it to your package. I imagine textures that the game can't find could cause your problem.
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:24 PM
How do I find the instances of the textures my package links to?

Hi I'm Paul!
Page 1 of 2