Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:01 AM
Default Mesh default replacement
Hi! I'm willing to make OLS male tops longer, but I want default replacement. The thing is... I have no idea how to do that :P
Is it as simple as extracting the meshes and the CASP file and then re-grouping them in a new file? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks! ^-^
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 9:47 AM
I guess it depends how much you want to do. The simplest way would be to extract just the meshes from FullBuild0.package, alter them, and then import them into a new package file using the same group/instance as the originals.
That would work for simple alterations, but if you need, for example, to do new morphs, new textures etc. then you'd have to do it differently. In that case, I would suggest creating a new top based on the OLS top as if you were making a completely custom outfit, and then changing the instance of the CASP so it's the same as the OLS top's instance. Either method will create a working default replacement.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 3:41 PM
Oooh thanks! I'll try that and see if I can do it right
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 5:53 PM
It worked perfectly, thanks you! ^-^
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:41 PM
Yay! I'm glad it worked.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.