Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 19th Apr 2015 at 3:20 PM.
Thank you, I'll check it out ASAP.

ETA: The father was the Therapist again. It might work if we would copy the NID of Pascal's pregnancy and replace the father NID with the new one. Perhaps, the father NID of Pascal's pregnacy links to the global PT. Each neighborhood does have the PTs and the NID gets always updated. So it might automatically update the father NID...

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Thank you, I'll check it out ASAP.

ETA: The father was the Therapist again. It might work if we would copy the NID of Pascal's pregnancy and replace the father NID with the new one. Perhaps, the father NID of Pascal's pregnacy links to the global PT. Each neighborhood does have the PTs and the NID gets always updated. So it might automatically update the father NID...

I tried that yesterday and it did not work. The father ended up being Sirius himself :/
I've also tried getting another sim in the hood pregnant with an alien, and then copied that NID to Sirus. It works but only in that hood. If I attach it to another one the father ends up being random again.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:39 PM
Once the subhood is attached, you should be able to change the pregnancy controller to the new NID for the PT (which you can look up in SimPE). It might be that providing a warning and instructions for doing this are all that can be done.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#29 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 5:54 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 19th Apr 2015 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Grifin
It might be that providing a warning and instructions for doing this are all that can be done.
Fortunately, the normal pregnancies are all OK. It seems like it's only a problem if the father NID is one of the Universal Sims. I'm not sure how Tarlia managed to do that. I assume each neighborhood has its own PT and the NID of PT is always different...

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 1:49 AM
I bet she'd tell you, if you asked her. She's been posting to her tumblr, so she's around, though her LJ has been quiet.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#31 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 11:25 AM
I don't have Tumblr or LiveJournal so I can't ask her. I may consider creating a Tumblr account but I'm not sure whether I should do it.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 3:41 PM
Surely somebody in the Hood Building Group has one or the other, or an OpenID! If not, give me the message and I'll act as intermediary.

Trainee Moderator
#33 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Surely somebody in the Hood Building Group has one or the other, or an OpenID! If not, give me the message and I'll act as intermediary.

I think @M.M.A.A. has a Tumblr account... or?
If not, could you send it for me then, please?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 5:42 PM
I think @M.M.A.A. has a Tumblr account... or?
If not, could you send it for me then, please?

Oh wait... Should I send that now, or did Peni already send it? Just want to be sure in case she did so we don't spam meetme. :P
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 6:43 PM
I did not send it, you're fine. Much better for these things to be done between the primary parties. I hope she knows what the deal is.

Mad Poster
#36 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 7:09 PM
Okay, I've sent her a PM on tumblr, along with a link to this thread, in case she wants further details.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM
*waves* Hello! I'm here because of M.M.A.A.'s message to me on tumblr.

I'm very sorry to say I don't know what the problem might be. I didn't do anything to Pascal's pregnancy, it is as EAxis created it, I only made Strangetown into a subhood (with Mootilda's method). I assumed that the post-Seasons-patch code would find the correct father NID for alien babies as well as regular babies. I'd be willing to do a little bit of digging around and testing and see if I can figure it out, but I don't know when I'll be able to, I've got a pretty busy life at the moment. I'm curious, though, so I might try poking at it a bit sometime this week. Was this pregnancy created with a regular abduction or a "cheat"?
Trainee Moderator
#38 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tarlia
*waves* Hello! I'm here because of M.M.A.A.'s message to me on tumblr.

I'm very sorry to say I don't know what the problem might be. I didn't do anything to Pascal's pregnancy, it is as EAxis created it, I only made Strangetown into a subhood (with Mootilda's method). I assumed that the post-Seasons-patch code would find the correct father NID for alien babies as well as regular babies. I'd be willing to do a little bit of digging around and testing and see if I can figure it out, but I don't know when I'll be able to, I've got a pretty busy life at the moment. I'm curious, though, so I might try poking at it a bit sometime this week. Was this pregnancy created with a regular abduction or a "cheat"?

I see. Thank your for looking into it. The pregnancy was created using a cheat.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Tarlia : 21st Apr 2015 at 9:39 PM.
Okay, I did some testing, and while I haven't been able to find the cause I did seem to find some sort of pattern.

In the source subhood template, PT's NID is 2 and Sirius' pregnancy token correctly points to it.
When I added the subhood to a new, empty neighbourhood, then immediately closed the game and checked the pregnancy token in SimPE, it had been merged correctly. In the new neighbourhood PT's NID was 5, and Sirius' pregnancy token correctly had changed to point to 5.

Here's the thing: I then loaded the game back up and loaded Sirius' lot and used the Sim Blender's pregnancy scanner. Wouldn't you know it - the father was now the Therapist. I went into SimPE and checked. Pregnancy token had indeed been changed! The Therapist's NID is 8.

Tried again, another new, empty neighbourhood, where I added a couple of other subhoods first to fill it with sims. Same thing. In this neighbourhood too PT's NID was 5 and Therapist's was 8.

Then I tried adding Meadow Creek to Strangetown. In Strangetown, Therapist's NID is 1, NID 8 belongs to a dead sim, and PT's NID is 169. Now, when I loaded Sirius' lot here, his pregnancy was correctly linked to PT!

New Strangetown, where I'd reset the sim creation index to 1. Same result, linked correctly to PT.

Then I tried adding it to Pleasantview, where the Therapist is NID 2 and PT is another high number I don't remember. Worked perfectly.

What does all this mean? I don't know. What I do know is that I had a similar experience some time back. I'd merged all my clean premade templates into Belladonna Cove, and suddenly found out that Brandi Broke's pregnancy got linked to random delivery guy Mitch Wolosenko when I loaded the lot. Again, the father NID was correctly linked to Skip Broke BEFORE loading the lot, but linked to Mitch after loading the lot - I tried several times. I scrapped that 'hood and haven't been able to recreate it since (though I honestly haven't tried much either), and I haven't heard of anyone having this problem with my Pleasantview subhood template.

I'd be interested to know the NIDs of the Therapist and the other random fathers (a sim named Harold?) you guys got in your tests. If you don't know, NID is the same thing as the sim's Instance Number - you find it in the far right column in the Sim Description list.

I don't think I'll have time to do much more testing, but maybe you will be able to explore this pattern on your own. It does seem to have SOMETHING to do with the initial setup of the neighbourhood that the subhood is added to, as well as the pregnancy itself (although I'm not sure it's related to it being an alien pregnancy, based on my experience with Pleasantview), but I'm totally stumped on what exactly it could be. I'd also try aborting and reimpregnating Sirius in the base 'hood and making a new subhood version out of that, and see if the same problem arises. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I'm very morbidly curious about this!

Also, seems to be a really cool 'hood you've made here.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 4:12 AM
I WANT A GENIE LAMP TO RESURRECT MOOTILDA! She'd crack this open like a nut. Possibly a walnut - those are hard and messy.

How does one reset the sim creation index to one?

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I WANT A GENIE LAMP TO RESURRECT MOOTILDA! She'd crack this open like a nut. Possibly a walnut - those are hard and messy.

How does one reset the sim creation index to one?

I made this lovely quick tutorial in MsPaint. What it does is make the game use the lowest available instance numbers when creating new sims, filling in the "blanks" instead of starting after the current highest number.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#42 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:56 AM
Resetting the Sim Creation Index didn't work for me. The father was the Therapist again.

Quote: Originally posted by Tarlia
I'd be interested to know the NIDs of the Therapist and the other random fathers (a sim named Harold?) you guys got in your tests. If you don't know, NID is the same thing as the sim's Instance Number - you find it in the far right column in the Sim Description list.
I can't find it in the far right column in the Sim Description list.

My Simblr
Instructor
#43 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 2:37 PM
Sorry for abandoning the thread guys. I've been extremely busy and will continue to be so until the weekend. Since there seems to be no solution so far, I will attempt to convert the hood again.

@Tarlia: About getting Harold as the father, since I noticed that the PT NID seemed to change to 5, I decided to stick my suburb template in my neighborhood folder so I could edit it in SimPe. I changed the NID from 2 to 5 and then used that as my new template for the subhoods, in the hopes that it would stick this way. No luck, the Father was now a teenager from the hood named Harold. I didn't remember to check what his NID was. I also got Sirius to become the father himself when I copied your Strangetown's PT NID to Sirius' pregnancy. However I did remember to check the NID afterwards and it had changed, to 49 I believe. So it seems the new father changes depending on the original NID of the pregnancy.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 8:35 PM
Okay, I think I may have figured out what the problem is - why this only happens sometimes, why it only affects some pregnancies, and why it happened that one time in my uberhood, too.

The way the game works is this:
- A pregnancy token has a reference to the father's instance number (NID). This refers to another sim in the same neighbourhood.
- When a subhood is merged into a main 'hood, all the characters are given new instance numbers. Before the Seasons-patch, this wasn't taken into account when copying over the pregnancy token. This is why Samantha Ottomas' infamous pregnancy was broken. In the stealth 'hood template, the father NID correctly pointed to Peter, but when merged into another neighbourhood, Peter's NID was changed but the pregnancy token's father NID was still the same, and would now point to some random other sim in the new neighbourhood (or even not point to any sim at all).
- Thankfully, the game engine post-Seasons-patch fixed this issue, and now pregnancy token NIDs are correctly changed along with the father NIDs when a subhood is merged in.

Except it seems like the patching was a little TOO effective.

It looks like when you first enter the household with a merged-in pregnancy, the game corrects the pregnancy token AGAIN. Even though it already WAS corrected upon merge. But ONLY if the NEW father NID corresponds with an actual sim in the SOURCE TEMPLATE. If the new NID did not belong to any sim in the source template, the game doesn't muck up the pregnancy token. This is why most pregnancies are still fine after merge, but Sirius' isn't.

I know this is really convoluted, so I'll try to explain by example.

In the subhood template for Meadow Creek, the setup is as follows:
NID 2 = Pollination Technician
NID 5 = Therapist
Sirius' pregnancy token points correctly to 2.

When you create a new, empty neighbourhood in a M&G Game, the setup seems to turn out like this:
NID 5 = Pollination Technician
NID 8 = Therapist

When merging Meadow Creek into this empty neighbourhood, Sirius' pregnancy token father NID is correctly changed to 5 - Pollination Technician.

But then, when entering his household, the game corrects his pregnancy token AGAIN. It sees that, oh, this token has NID 5. What was NID 5 in the Source 'hood? It was... the Therapist! And what is the Therapist's NID in this neighbourhood? It's 8! Better change it. Boom. Sirius is now pregnant with Therapist's baby.

I tested this by adding Meadow Creek to Belladonna Cove. In Belladonna Cove, Pollination Techinician's NID is 15.

In the Meadow Creek subhood template, NID 15 is Tiffany Wilson.

I added Meadow Creek to Belladonna Cove. And when entering Sirius' lot, he was pregnant with Tiffany Wilson's baby.

The reason this rarely affects other pregnancies is that the NIDs involved are rarely such low numbers. For example, if you add Pleasantview as a subhood, it's rather unlikely that Skip Broke's new NID will correspond with another sim's NID in the source template, though it of course CAN happen, which is why my Brandi ended up pregnant with Mitch Wolosenko's baby.

If this is really hard to grasp, please let me know. It's hard to explain in an easy manner.

The bad news is that I don't think it's really fixable. It's a glitch in the game, not related to your neighbourhood in any way. :/
Mad Poster
#45 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 9:57 PM
So subhoods with pregnancies in them, especially alien pregnancies, need to come with big blinking warnings to check the pregnancy controllers even in patched games. Changing the indicated father to the correct one with your editing tool of choice ought to work, though.

Trainee Moderator
#46 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 5th Jan 2016 at 6:58 PM.
Thank you for the research, Tarlia. Now, I understand why it ended up being the Therapist.

So, if we played Sirius's family until Sirius gives birth to his alien baby, would the father be PT in the family tree then, after merging the 'hood and loading Sirius's family?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#47 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 12:30 PM
Wow! That looks complicated, Tarlia! Yet, thanks for explaining!

Thank you for the research, Tarlia. Now, I understand why it ended up being the Therapist.

So, if we would play Sirius's family until Sirius gives birth to his alien baby, will the father be PT in the family tree then, after merging the 'hood and loading Sirius's family?

So, you're saying we let him give birth, and then convert the neighborhood? Could be, if that's what you're saying. We'll probably have to include a few changes here and there.

My question is though: does the issue of different NIDs occur in Downtown subhoods only or OFB subhoods as well? :S
Trainee Moderator
#48 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 3:40 PM
It occurs in both: Suburb and Downtown subhoods. There is actually no difference between Downtown and Suburb...excluding the vampires/Mrs. Crumplebottom to appear on community lots.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 4:06 PM
If the alien baby was born before the subhood is made/merged, then it should be fine, yes. This bug is related to pregnancies only, as far as I can tell.

But keep in mind that NO pregnancy is really "safe", it's all entirely dependent on the neighbourhood the subhood is merged into, and that you have no control over. It's just that Sirius' pregnancy is more likely to end up buggy because the PT tends to have a low NID in any given neighbourhood. Like penig said, I think writing down a big fat warning and an explanation on how to fix it (either ingame or in SimPE) is the best way to go about it.
Trainee Moderator
#50 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:03 PM
OK, we'll upload it with a warning then. Again, thank you Tarlia for helping us. Good to know that this is a game bug and not related to Meadow Creek.

My Simblr
Page 2 of 2