Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:04 PM
Someone has gone through and disagreed with every post here, which I can only presume is transphobia.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM
i know right? whoever did it is horrible

Actually must have been a troll since the dislikes are gone now

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#28 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:31 AM
I've seen it on posts about gay Sims too. *shakes head*

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 1:02 AM
I got it on my thread about Back Alley Sims family friendly hacks lol.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:04 PM
I play my game very much like Charity described on the first page, where no one is born in the wrong body if it depends on me to set it up. Though once I was sending my sim to University and one of the roomies generated by the game had a male body but acted like a girl (girl voice, mannerisms and used the girls bathroom), and her name was Jade if I remember correctly, I found that to be very interesting and at the same time worrying because corruption and instead of "correcting" her gender on SimPE (if that's even possible) I decided to visually transition her, downloaded some female clothes for "male" sims, changed her hair to a unisex one I already had downloaded, and made surgery on her face to feminize it. She became friends with the sim I was playing and was very fun to develop as it was something I never did in the game before.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Someone has gone through and disagreed with every post here, which I can only presume is transphobia.
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I've seen it on posts about gay Sims too. *shakes head*
I got two Disagrees in the "Favourite Sim I've Created" thread when I said that my Andrew is my favourite. I can only think it's because he's gay. Andrew says he'll be happy to meet the disagree-er round the back of Veronaville Market -- with gloves off!

As for the original topic of this thread, as yet I haven't as yet tried to play a trans Sim. To be honest, I don't know how to start. Simmergirl might have been a good place to start for an M to F transition but the site's gone now. I know I can still download the outfits, but I'm not sure how to use them convincingly. The ones I've seen seem to be female outfits (often Maxis ones) redesignated as male. Now I suppose I could dress a male Sim in such outfits, and (s)he would look female but keep a male voice, which might be reasonable for a post-op M to F trans Sim. But when (s)he gets undressed (s)he'll revert to the male body shape. And I've no idea how to deal with that. I don't think there was ever an equivalent "Simmerboy" site for F to M trans Sims, but I presume male clothing could similarly be designated as female so an F to M trans Sim could wear them but the problem when naked would remain. I can't help wondering if the old forums at Simmergirl might have helped me to see how trans Sims might actually be played.

Peni raised as related problem a couple of years ago. The Simmergirl teenage outfits basically just look like girls. It might be just how a teenage boy who wants to be a girl would like to look, But how many can manage a full transition with hormone treatment and surgery while still in their teens? There's not much available for those in the early stages of transition. Often it would require a new mesh to do convincingly

Finally I suppose that I wouldn't have quite the level of empathy with trans Sims, that I have with gay, bi, lesbian, and even straight Sims. If I were young today, when even the church is often quite sympathetic, I might actually be actively gay -- or bi. When I was in my teens and early twenties it was still illegal. But I have never at any time in my life felt even the slightest wish to change my sex. I'm not unsympathetic and certainly not hostile, but I certainly don't feel what they feel. Whereas I couldn't imagine my game without my gay Sims.

So, all in all, I probably won't have any trans Sims until I feel I can play them in a way that does them justice.

[EDIT] If you disagree with me, please don't just click on the "Disagree" button. Please post in the thread and tell me what I've said that you disagree with.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#32 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:46 PM
Well my headcanon is that Sims can't get real body surgery. That their transition is their inner gender. Which can be changed by SimPE or with that BoilingOil mod I mentioned.

Now isn't there a teen townie that is a girl with internal gender as male? A mistake by Maxis but I wanted to know who that was.

My biggest problem is mods. I have the period hack and my FtM Sims that are internally male still trigger a period from that hack. Ugh. I can't seem to fix that.

As for bodies, I think Warlokk has some female shapes that are flat chested. So you could put male clothes on a FtM and naked they would be more gender appropriate. Especially if you have a CrammyBoy installed.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#33 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:15 AM
I guess they haven't had the surgery that would remove those parts.

How does the game decide what mesh a sim will use when naked?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:18 PM
I had a female sim who I decided should be trans ("inspired" by a friend of mine), but I couldn't find many nice items for ftm sims so I killed the sim and made a new one just like the other but male.
Then I have another sim who was born a boy but I always gave him make-up and feminin clothing because it just fitted. And then decided that I wanted her to be trans, just cause I can.
There are about 4 other sims who I made trans but I just wanted to try it out.
When I create new sims I usually have the style of clothing and the personality in mind but what gender they have is completly random.
Page 2 of 2