Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:22 PM
Oh my godness, I'm such a freaking tool! I had indeed disabled "show custom content" (or "show own items or something similar") in game. You'd think I would've learnt in 6 years... Thank you so much for your help & patience, Nysha and kattenijin
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:50 PM
I had tried the Clean Installer too using the teleport folder and nothing. I finally read some where that if you go into the programs files to the M&G folder you can find the game's original installer. The one that used to pop up with the launcher when you would download things. Once I opened by package files with the game installer everything worked.
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:43 PM
Well, I was about to post something but I guess I'll just see where this thread goes.

Also is anyone else having trouble with the body shop trick with UC? Whenever I try it it doesn't create a Downloads folder anywhere.
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:19 PM
None of my CAS cc will show up , all of my cc is in the Downloads folder , but only build/buy mode objects appear , I have all the meshes needed , CEP , ts2 Clean Installer , WinRAR to extract the files to their appropriate area , My custom content is enabled and their all package files , I also have the sims 2 ultimate collection , and a windows 8 computer . I just don't seem to figure out what the problem is !
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 9:56 PM
I'm also having a doozy of a time trying to figure out why the custom lots I've downloaded are not showing up in game. I have CEP, Clean Installer, both WinRAR and WinZIP for extracting files, and my custom content is enabled(I know it's working because my old CC files and lots show up, just not the new ones I have downloaded within the past week)

I read, and did what was suggested on the Ultimate Collection FAQ(changing the SaveGamePath in Clean Installer) and I still do not see the new custom lots I've downloaded. I've looked into the Teleport folder after using Clean Installer, and noticed that the folder was empty. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, because I'm at my wits end
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:29 PM
I've got other custom content working, but not custom hair. When I try to use my custom hair, it shows as a black default long straight hair, not the white side ponytail and orange pigtails I downloaded. Any help?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:19 PM
I just want to point out that the Clean Installer works perfectly with the UC - on both Windows 7 and 10.

If you had the Clean Installer for a long time - it has been updated to work with the UC shortly after the UC was released.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:30 PM
@kribaker please don't bump someones 4 year old thread, please make your own thread. Thank you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: old thread
Page 2 of 2