Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:34 PM
Default How to set up simpe for modding sims 2?
Hi all! I would like to create a pregnancy mod for myself by using the SimPE program, but I'm having trouble setting it up so that I can find the files that I need to use. I tried to find help in the wiki, but I think the article can't be accessed anymore.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:59 PM
It's pretty intuitive - you just need to go into Extra -> Preferences, and the first tab you'll see is System Folders. Starting from the top of the list, click a line, click the ... button that appears at the end of the line, and navigate to the folder where that EP is installed. You can also type or copy and paste the folder locations, if that's easier for you.

If you have UC, your installation directory will likely be in C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and I'll attach a list of which EPs are where at the bottom of this post. You'll also want to point the Savegame line to the TS2 folder in your Documents (if it's not already correct), and if you want to work with texture images, you'll need to install the DDS Utilities from nVidia and point the Nvidia DDS Tool Folder to wherever you installed them.

Once you've done that it's worth checking that the appropriate lines in the File Table tab don't say "(Missing)" at the beginning unless they are for EPs/games you don't have - you may need to restart SimPE before doing this.

UC install locations:
Basegame - Double Deluxe/Base
Uni - University Life/EP1
NL - Double Deluxe/EP2
OfB - Best of Business/EP3
Pets - Fun with Pets/EP4
Seasons - Seasons
BV - Bon Voyage
FT - Free Time
AL - Apartment Life
M&G - Fun with Pets/SP9

FFS - Fun with Pets/SP1
GLS - Glamour Life Stuff
Celebration - Double Deluxe/SP4
H&M - Best of Business/SP5
TSS - University Life/SP6
K&B - Best of Business/SP7
IKEA - University Life/SP8

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 11:21 PM
Thank you very much!! This is really helpful!!!