Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

World Adventures, Generations
Default Is there any fast and easy way to fixing Sims 3 issue with recognising graphic card
I have managed to get my graphics card recognised once before by editing two setting files for graphic cards and graphic rules but issue is I have little time these days and last time it took me long so it would basically use up my game time, has anyone by any chance came up with shorter solution that is less hassle than manually editing those two? It's worth asking anyway...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:47 PM
The short method, just as effective as the longer one messing about with all of those Rules, is to obtain the ID number of your graphics card from your DeviceConfig,log and use it to "borrow" the profile of a card already accounted for in GraphicsCards.sgr. That's one quick edit, shouldn't take much time at all. GraphicsRules.sgr requires a different, almost as simple edit, but only if you are also getting the 32 MB texture override error in DeviceConfig.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510

And, in the end, many players find that having a formally recognized card doesn't make much or any difference to game performance anyway. An unrecognized card is still used, it just may not have the best default profile selected for it and an underrated card, in some cases, may throttle the push of inactive sims to community lots to give the town the appearance of feeling more busy.

Much more important to perfomance than all this is making sure your card's fps rate is being capped to the refresh rate of your monitor, particularly if it is a powerful enough card to be throwing out frame rates wildly all over the place that cannot be interpreted. Frame rates can be checked by using the fps on cheat code in-game. The usual tools for capping them are Nvidia Control Panel, Nividia Inspector, or RivaTuner Stats Server (especially for Radeon cards if the built-in tools don't work).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:05 PM
Okay thank you igazor for once again helping me with something.