Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 6:30 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 16th Aug 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Default Dark Heresy

Dark Heresy is a story set in an eastern land ravaged by one hundred years of bloodshed.

Amidst the ruins, a hardened general returns home after the war is over.
His troubled mind finds solace in the least-likely person—the daughter of the man he killed.
When he closes his eyes each night, she is the one haunting his increasingly vivid dreams.

It's better if you read the story from my website: http://missanne82.livejournal.com/1398.html
The formatting is a bit nicer there; MTS is too wide.

The greatest achievement is selflessness
The greatest worth is self-mastery
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others
The greatest precept is continual awareness
The greatest action is not conforming with the world's ways
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions
The greatest generosity is non-attachment
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind
The greatest patience is humility
The greatest effort is not concerned with results
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances
- Atisha

CHAPTER INDEX

Chapter 1 - Princess of Nothing
Chapter 2 - The Kingdom of Ash and Bone
Chapter 3 - Realm of Torment
Chapter 4 - Eye of the Storm
Chapter 5 - The Name of Desire
Chapter 6 - The Kiss of Winter
Chapter 7 - See No Evil
Chapter 8 - The Light That Blinds
Chapter 9 - Aaliyah
Chapter 10 - Damnation
Chapter 11 - The Broken Vow
Chapter 12 - The Gates of Dawn
Chapter 13 - Nightfall
Chapter 13 - Children of Sorrow
Chapter 14 - Whore
Chapter 15 -
Chapter 16 - The Ebon Hand
Chapter 17 - Assassin of Kings

GEOGRAPHY
From the north-- Drustan
The eastern kingdoms-- Ashara, Valyria, Da'Jin
Asshai, the capital city of Ashara

Note: There are so very few Egyptian-themed items available for TS3, aside from EA stuff. I try to do the best I can with the limited custom content. Hopefully it does not detract too much from the feel of the story. Keep in mind that this place in an ancient era.
10 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 11:51 AM
Misanthrope,

AMAZING WORK. I'm sure you're putting in loads of effort into this story. The descriptions are pirceless, almost tanglible. It feels like I'm reading straight out of a historical fiction book. Do you read Michelle Moran or Philippa Gregory? I honestly love the writing style, the content, especially the description of the necklace. You've got a very keen and amazing understanding of royalty and how things like the royal lines and family works. This story is amazing. I hope it goes on for a long time! Keep the updates coming :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 6:44 PM
Yay! A comment!

I've read Heretic queen by Michelle Moran. As for Philippa Gregory, I've never read the book, but I've seen The Other Boleyn Girl movie and the first season of The Tudors. Historical fiction and fantasy are my favorite genres :-]

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 8:30 PM
Amazing!I have to agree with Observantlefty, even if I'm not an expert in historical fiction (well, I can write historical fiction - and I love doing it - in my own language, but in English ... nah ... it's not exactly for me ^^" ).
I love this first chapter.Not even the images are great (you adapted them very well to Sims 3), but the story itself is great ^^ I can't wait to read the next chapter, so please, don't make us wait too long ^^"

Love your story ^^ My favorite one ^^
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 11:07 AM
Amazing, that's all I have to say. I'm a lover of historical fiction so I'm really loving this story so far. I have the feeling like I'm reading an actual book! I also love the pictures! I'm really looking forward to new chapter.

Common sense is so rare these days...
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:34 PM
Your story-writing and picture taking skills are amazing as always; but by posting this, does it mean that you're discontinuing/deleting your previous work (The Son of Hades or something)?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:05 PM
I decided to remake Son of Hades-- it's going to be more of a picture-story since I don't really have time to write two stories. Chapter 1 of SoH is posted on my livejournal; it contains more pictures than actual writing.

My Blog
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:35 AM
I am excited to see where this story goes. I love story set in a different era or place all together. Can't wait for the next chapter
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:42 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 22nd Jun 2012 at 12:12 AM.
Default Chapter One

Chapter One
Princess of Nothing

( I've put the story within spoiler tags because I'm tired of having to scroll through GIANT WALLS OF TEXT in thread mode).

My Blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:43 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 18th Apr 2012 at 1:20 AM.
Default Chapter Two

Chapter 2
The Kingdom of Ash and Bone

Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:32 PM
I'm out of words, honestly. If you told me you were an actual historical fiction author, I wouldn't be surprised. The grammar, the REALITY, the structure. It's all near perfection. An editor and according to me, worth publishing. Seriously consider writing a huge fiction series like this or something. Beautiful. Can't wait for the next update. I could swear I was reading from a published book.....
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 8:41 PM
Wow those pictures are amazing!!

I could see you are putting a lot of effort into this. Good work =)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 4:20 AM
English might not be your first language but you do write so beautifully and you instantly capture your audiences attention.
Even with minimal custom content, you still make it look so enchanting and divine.
I love the haze (or the light glow) from the Egyptian sun in your pics.
Everything is done to absolute perfection, keep it up
Inventor
#14 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 6:33 AM
I apparently didn't submit my previous comment, but I love this story Misanthrope and cannot wait to read future chapters. Great job on your setup pictures!

"Goonies never say die."
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 18th Apr 2012 at 1:21 AM.
Default Chapter Three

Chapter Three
Realm of Torment

My Blog
Instructor
#16 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 2:08 PM
I've been waiting, and waiting and ... finally, the images are here ^^ I can't believe I forgot about this story for the past few weeks.
As I have said before, I just love how you write ... The photos are great too and maybe it would be a little tiring to read the story without them, but your style ... is amazing! ^^ I love the descriptions and I have to say that the characters' thoughts are my favorite part ^^ I wish I could write like you in English ^^
Now I can't wait to see what happens to the Princess and to Severin ^^
Inventor
#17 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 3:23 PM
I'm lovin' all the DA references (the Dalish are my favorite!).

Great next update/chapter/addition/what-have-you. I'm excited to read where you take this!!

"Goonies never say die."
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 6:17 PM
^ Yeah, I'm not really good at coming up with fantasy names, so I usually throw in references to RPG games I've played and books I've read xD

My Blog
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:02 PM
I am not usally a fan of anything sims 3 dased but I like this story, allot! I love the pictures you use in your story as they look so cool

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 18th Apr 2012 at 1:21 AM.
Default Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Eye of the Storm

My Blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Misanthrope : 1st May 2012 at 4:23 AM.
Default Chapter Five, Part 1

My Blog
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:20 AM
wowowowowowwowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's absolutely amazing. Must admit, I didn't get far in the story as I'm not into that sort of thing, but this is amazing. Your pics tell it all in a flash. Great pics! Keep it up!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 7:52 PM
Thank you, I worked really hard on the pictures.

My Blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Misanthrope : 1st May 2012 at 4:24 AM.
Default Chapter Five, Part 2

My Blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 2:48 AM Last edited by Misanthrope : 1st May 2012 at 4:25 AM.
Default Chapter Six, Part 1

My Blog
Page 1 of 3