Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Panthola : 12th Apr 2017 at 5:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default I Cant Play My Favourite Family???
I can not play my favourite family! I can not load the family
The green bar goes up to abut 99% and then the game freezes but I cn still hear music and click on the things in the Interactive loading screen
What shall I do? I have spent so man hours playing in this family and the mods I have, I have not had any trouble like this before. The family works to load when I have remvoed the "Mods" folder from the "Sims 3" folder in my Documents but like I said, I have not downloaded any mods since the game worked last time (which was this morning)
I can load and play other families, so yeah.

I have tried to change the backup.file, I hav tried to let the game re-generate a new "Sims 3" folder and I have tried to remove the mods that is mentioned at the very firdt in the ScriptError-document

I am seriously freaking out, I loved this family so much and I have litteraly done nothing wrong. I exited the fully working game to download a mod so I could have 500 guests at my parties, and when I stated the game (with the new mod) i was like this. I removed the mod but still the same. I tried to update my Nraas MasterController mod (since I read that I can add more guests with that mod, and I already have that mod installed, But I decided to download it again and remove the old version just in case something was updated)

Please help me! I have also tried to copy saved game/family and loading that copy but still - nothing works. I have come so far with this family and I am terrified to loose it.
Please help me, I take any advice/tips/scoldings/ANYTHING!!!

Edit: There is no file in "Saves" that is named the name of my family and ends with .bad, so I guess that the family-file is not corrupted? But how can I solve it then??
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:49 PM
Why not load an earlier save and... not try to have 500 guests? I mean, that's enough to kill most computers.
Alchemist
#3 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Panthola
There is no file in "Saves" that is named the name of my family and ends with .bad, so I guess that the family-file is not corrupted? But how can I solve it then??

That folder only gets created when the game throws up an Error 12 (not being able to save).

As you have already removed the mod, have you tried deleting the scriptcache file that is also in the My Documents game folder? That stores information about mods, so you may have some leftovers.

And can I just say...what kind of computer do you have if you can invite 500 Sims to your party?? I bet even NASA would be jealous of it! :p

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
Why not load an earlier save and... not try to have 500 guests? I mean, that's enough to kill most computers.

I have tried to load an earlier save, but I will try to load an even earlier one
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
That folder only gets created when the game throws up an Error 12 (not being able to save).

As you have already removed the mod, have you tried deleting the scriptcache file that is also in the My Documents game folder? That stores information about mods, so you may have some leftovers.

And can I just say...what kind of computer do you have if you can invite 500 Sims to your party?? I bet even NASA would be jealous of it! :p

I can not invite 500 people, but I downloaded a mod that would make that possible since my family has many friends thy would like to party with
and yes, I hav deleted the scriptcache
I can load oher families, just not this one
Site Helper
#6 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:21 PM
You have removed the new mod and cleared the caches, but it didn't help. You removed the entire Mods folder, and were able to load your family. It's starting to sound to me as though your new download changed the loading order of a couple of mods so that they stopped playing nicely with each other. If that is the case, the Finding Bad CC dance is in order. (Backup your saved game, divide your CC into 2 groups, with the mods you cannot live without in the first group, clear your caches, and test. If it works, test half of the rest. If it doesn't, cry a little and take half of the first group out. Rinse and repeat until you get down to a mod or group of mods that cause the problem to start once they are put back in. Take them out. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You have removed the new mod and cleared the caches, but it didn't help. You removed the entire Mods folder, and were able to load your family. It's starting to sound to me as though your new download changed the loading order of a couple of mods so that they stopped playing nicely with each other. If that is the case, the Finding Bad CC dance is in order. (Backup your saved game, divide your CC into 2 groups, with the mods you cannot live without in the first group, clear your caches, and test. If it works, test half of the rest. If it doesn't, cry a little and take half of the first group out. Rinse and repeat until you get down to a mod or group of mods that cause the problem to start once they are put back in. Take them out. )

Okay, I will try this
But is it any risk that this can make my entire game as a total to be corrupted? Bc I can start a new game (I went into my family when the mods folder were out and copied the household to the bin and then I quitted the game, put the Mods folder in again and then I started the game, created a new family and that worked, BUT the mother was gone. She was not dead, she was eliminated from the game
I should add that I have the Nraas PortaitPanel installed, and that when I copied the family to the bin, I had no mods installed so that might be the problem. But I have figured it out, I just worry about my game getting more problems like this
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:50 AM
I am still worried
Site Helper
#9 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 13th Apr 2017 at 5:53 PM.
This should only affect the files in your Documents Sims 3 folder. Your game itself is installed in Program Files (or wherever else you put it if you changed the default installation path for some reason.) If you are worried that CC problems will force you to do a complete reinstall, that will not happen unless you are installing your CC in the actual game files and put something in the wrong spot. (Which is another reason to switch from the Old way to the New way if you are using that method.) As long as your Mods folder is in Documents, you are safe.

CC problems can get nasty, and they have been known to affect all the saved games you play, but as long as the problem goes away when you remove your CC and clear caches you don't have to reinstall. Just get rid of the problem bit of CC.

Edit: I forgot about the final test before determining whether or not your game files are corrupt. That involves taking your entire Documents Sims 3 folder and moving it somewhere out of the game. Then run the game and let it generate a new one. If that works, the problem is somewhere in that old folder. A saved game, a sim, a lot, or a bit of CC you forgot to remove when you were testing your CC is the most likely culprit. But a problem which has corrupted your game files and requires you to reinstall to fix it is not likely to be caused by CC.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:21 PM
This should only affect the files in your Documents Sims 3 folder. Your game itself is installed in Program Files (or wherever else you put it if you changed the default installation path for some reason.) If you are worried that CC problems will force you to do a complete reinstall, that will not happen unless you are installing your CC in the actual game files and put something in the wrong spot. (Which is another reason to switch from the Old way to the New way if you are using that method.) As long as your Mods folder is in Documents, you are safe.

CC problems can get nasty, and they have been known to affect all the saved games you play, but as long as the problem goes away when you remove your CC and clear caches you don't have to reinstall. Just get rid of the problem bit of CC.

Edit: I forgot about the final test before determining whether or not your game files are corrupt. That involves taking your entire Documents Sims 3 folder and moving it somewhere out of the game. Then run the game and let it generate a new one. If that works, the problem is somewhere in that old folder. A saved game, a sim, a lot, or a bit of CC you forgot to remove when you were testing your CC is the most likely culprit. But a problem which has corrupted your game files and requires you to reinstall to fix it is not likely to be caused by CC.

okay, so I should do what you said and go through all my mods? all the package-files and see what is the issue?
Site Helper
#11 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:12 AM
Make sure you have a backup of your game before going through your mods. You want to be able to get it back to the way it was if you do something that makes it worse. (Like losing a sim entirely...) But if you can still repeat the problem, then yes. You should go through and see if you can remove the cause.

Of course, if the problem has stopped there is no way to tell if removing something has helped or not, so you might as well just enjoy the game until there is another problem.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#12 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 8:21 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:14 PM
Make sure you have a backup of your game before going through your mods. You want to be able to get it back to the way it was if you do something that makes it worse. (Like losing a sim entirely...) But if you can still repeat the problem, then yes. You should go through and see if you can remove the cause.

Of course, if the problem has stopped there is no way to tell if removing something has helped or not, so you might as well just enjoy the game until there is another problem.

what is the best way to identify/find bad mods/cc that is causing problems in game?
Alchemist
#14 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:26 PM
@Ghost sdoj described the method in her post above:
Quote:
Backup your saved game, divide your CC into 2 groups, with the mods you cannot live without in the first group, clear your caches, and test. If it works, test half of the rest. If it doesn't, cry a little and take half of the first group out. Rinse and repeat until you get down to a mod or group of mods that cause the problem to start once they are put back in. Take them out.

Out of curiosity, have you tried any of the instructions she posted?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Panthola
what is the best way to identify/find bad mods/cc that is causing problems in game?

This has pictures!
Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki