Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#1101 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
lientebollemeis - No, no one is going to fix it for you. I've given you two links to help you to fix it and there should be no reason why it cannot be made recolorable.

I fixed it! It was not hard at all. I just needed to tick the box under GUID that says update all MMATs. So I didn't need those tutorials (I tried them but they didn't help anyway).
Then recolor it and it worked! It was so easy. Apparently we're all still learning

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1102 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:13 PM Last edited by Luckypup2122 : 10th Sep 2010 at 9:18 PM.
Hello all

First off thanks Numenor for a terrific tutorial.

I've been using wizards of SimPE to do basic recolors at first and decided to switch over to Object workshop for the other abilities, but I need a little bit of help.

When recoloring the Perfectly Small Plate it becomes very pixelated when using the smoothen filter. If i have to go in and do a recolor for each size to keep the original image from distorting i can then delete those files from my working folder after i commit and save since they'd be updated in the package and I won't need those files anymore on the desktop correct? Or is there a work around for it by setting it to None as I read previously.

Also, if I'm understanding this correctly about renaming all I have to do is switch out the color for my color and it will show up in the catalog when u browse over the object. For example

sculpturepottery-surface-green-738718ec-37d3-4003-8634-ac8d6e72302d_txtr

All I would have to do is take the green out and replace with my color for the texture editor and the material definition and in game it should make locating my recolor easier right? (i do a dark, medium, and light version of each color so identifying them becomes hard when they all carry the same texture name.

ETA: It appears the distorting is from the process i usually do in gimp when recoloring involving layers, which was resolved by simply just colorifying.
Test Subject
#1103 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 6:39 PM
Wow, this helped so much.
The tutorial was so clear, I have been wondering what to do with it.
Test Subject
#1104 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 5:58 PM
Ok, First off let me say thanks for this awesome tut.

However, I do have a question. I did everything the tut says to do. Everything went fine. I copied the package file into my Downloads folder but, when I open the game the recolor doesn't show in the game. Why? What have I missed? I can take that file and open it back up in SimPE and the recolor is there. Did I package it wrong? I went to Tools/package tool/create a Sims2package then I browsed but nothing is there. So what now?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#1105 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:01 AM
Hi Mary,

It's a bit hard to diagnose the problem if we can't see the problem. Could you attach your package file so we can take a look?
Test Subject
#1106 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 4:53 PM
Oh I forgot to edit that post. I found what I did.. It is all good now..
Test Subject
#1107 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:34 PM
Thanks a lot for this! After reading and trying it a few times, I think I get it!

My problem now is that Gimp only sometimes want to save in .png...
Test Subject
#1108 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 8:57 PM
Is there something you click on to get to the Subset Selections window? It isn't showing up for me.
Mad Poster
#1109 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:43 AM
LarsHenriks Guldfisk,

Even windows paint can save in png.

You may wanna redownload or reinstall a new scopy of gimp. It should be working.

Shadow Moon,

may check if the object you're trying to recolour is recolourable, findable in the related document on the Numenor's CEP thread.
If that be a custom object, may check with the maker.

After all fail, may link to the object in question for tohers to help check.
Test Subject
#1110 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:34 PM
I have recoloured a few of the Maxis objects according to the tutorial just fine, so there is no problem ... however ... where can I find other creator's custom content in SimPe? SimPE only shows me the catalog of all Maxis content in OW but no cc ... what do I have to do so it will show cc as well?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1111 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:24 PM
Test Subject
#1112 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:47 AM
Ahhhh ... okay ... thank you
Test Subject
#1113 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 5:53 PM
when I up lode an image in game it doesn't work! I pick an image edit it and up lode a new one, but in game it says my image is the first one I picked not the one I edited!
Test Subject
#1114 Old 5th May 2011 at 9:37 PM
This helped me soooooooooo much. SimPE scares me a lil bit and I'm always afraid it's gonna blow up my game lol but this tutorial seriously helped. Thanks^1000000!
Test Subject
#1115 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 11:17 AM
Default Picture
I have a problem.
I Have take some screenshot photos of my sims.
Then i try to recolour a wallhanging. But when I use build the picture won't change?
I have tried to edite the size of the picture, but it won't work. It works with ingame pictures?
What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#1116 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:02 AM
When I tried recoloring the maxis toybox I did all the steps but when in game mode if I'm zoomed out a little bit it's the original color but when I zoom in it's my recolor can someone help me?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#1117 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:35 PM
Autiebug99, do you see in the Plugin view of the TXTR there are different size listings for your texture (e.g. 1x1, 2x2...64x64) towards the bottom left? These are what are used for various zoom levels. There should be an option to "Update All Sizes" if you right click (if I recall correctly). However, you probably should be using the Nvidia DDS Utility (which will do this step for you and provide better texture quality), as described in the first post.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#1118 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:16 PM
Thankyou so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#1119 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 6:30 PM
I didn't get lost until the very end when he said "COMMIT AND SAVE" and there was no diagram to show what that meant exactly. Of course it was to late to go back since I was doing it step by step as I followed this (praying my internet did not choose then to crash for unk reasons) so I just had to guess. I saw the "commit" button and clicked it. I saw the package file I made earlier and copied over it. Hope that was right.
Lab Assistant
#1120 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:36 AM
OMG!!! Thank you soooo Much NUMENOR!! :D:D:DThis has really helped me understand how some people recoulour! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My mini website: Skimmer55
Test Subject
#1121 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naitomea_sims
I have recoloured a few of the Maxis objects according to the tutorial just fine, so there is no problem ... however ... where can I find other creator's custom content in SimPe? SimPE only shows me the catalog of all Maxis content in OW but no cc ... what do I have to do so it will show cc as well?

use the "open" in the SimPE and browse the folder which the custom objects in.
Test Subject
#1122 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 8:23 AM
Thanks for this great tutorial!
I got a problem : when I recolored my object in the workshop everything is ok,but in game,the object didn't change the color at all~
Lab Assistant
#1123 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by warmarbor
Thanks for this great tutorial!
I got a problem : when I recolored my object in the workshop everything is ok,but in game,the object didn't change the color at all~

Did you commit and save, if you built DXT then clicked on another resource then it would have reverted back to the old txtr
send me the file and ill take a look.

My mini website: Skimmer55
Lab Assistant
#1124 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 12:37 AM Last edited by salamanderer : 5th Oct 2011 at 12:55 AM.
Default Thanks, but need further help with Object Workshop
Having the same problem with some custom content not showing up in the game. I have a project of recoloring multiple hues of paintings for the "In the Beginning" painting. I followed the tutorial, and checked in game, but only one of the recolors shows up at a time, and sometimes not at all. I'm using a custom frame ("In the Beginning" painting templates by Zedrik) as the template. I even tried with a basic frame, various sizes, downgrading the pics I'm using, etc. Nothing seems to work consistently.

Using: All EPs of Sims 2, PhotoShop, and SimPE 0.73.44.37511 QA

I feel like an idiot, but I can't find how to attach the files in this post. :/
Instructor
#1125 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 8:07 AM
To attach a file, click "Go advanced". There you'll find "Additional options" where you can upload the file.

About the issue: the usual: did you make sure to commit and then save? Also, does the new recolour appear at all (I mean with a texture identical to the original)?
Page 45 of 47