Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2008 at 12:55 AM
CleanInstaller won't install my houses.
So I created a house that I wanted to upload to the site, and downloaded Clean Installer for the first time today. I went and cleaned up the custom content- there were like, three.

And I went to install the new file pack to make sure it would work in the game, but when I opened the Sims up, the house didn't show up in the Lots and Houses bin.

Not only that, but the original house, when I tried moving IT to the lots and houses bin, completely disappeared.

I'm really frustrated, and I've spent the past hour trying to find an answer.

I have all expansion packs, and all stuff packs but celebrations. Plus, I'm uploading my own house, so there shouldn't be any compatibility problems, should there?

I'd really appreciate some help here, about ready to rip my hair out. I do NOT want my house to be lost, I spent a lot of time on it.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:26 PM
For the disappearing lot- are you sure it's gone? Use the Clean Installer to scan your My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Lot catalog folder, and view the thumbnails. Can you recognise your house there? If not, do the same with My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ neighbourhoods/ n00x/ lots. Is it in there?
For the lot install issue, try deleting the contents of the teleport folder and then try again. Make sure you leave the default install options ticked- you want the Clean Installer to send the lot to the teleport folder and to generate the import file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:53 PM
Already, now strangely enough it's showed back up in my lots bin, without me doing anything. And I can SWEAR it wasn't there yesterday, because today it's the first one in the list.

Which is strange. I think I'll try installing someone else's house using clean installer, and see if it will work. Hopefully it will.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th May 2008 at 4:57 PM
Hehe, the lots and houses bin has a habit of rearranging itself when you reboot! Glad you found it, now backup your files!