Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2008 at 1:55 AM
Default No longer able to use Clean Installer
Clean Installer has always worked fine. I trued using it recently and get a message saying something like

"SystemPath too long after being fully qualified. Make sure path is less than 260 characters.

Never had a problem before. I believe I have version 1514. I have Uni, Nightlife, Pets, Vacation.

Thanks!

BTW, what is DDO?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:32 PM
DDO is Delphy's Download Organizer.
Your error sounds like you have too many nested folders/ too many long filenames. For example, c:\ Documents and settings\ Username\ Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2\ Downloads\ Buy Mode\ Comfort\ Beds\ Bedding\ Simgle bedding\ abeddingbysomeonewithareallylongusernameprobablyhystericalparoxysmbecauseshegivesreallylongfilenamestoallofherbrilliantitemsandihavetorenamethemallbecauseiliketoputeverythingintosubfoldersandiorganizelikeihaveobsessivecompulsivedownloadingdisprder.
I hope you get what I mean! Try renaming items that are nested deep down in the hierarchy of your Downloads folders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:58 PM
Gotcha! I'll check that out. Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2008 at 10:56 PM
BTW, do you know the max number of characters you can have for a file name? Or can you think of any files you think I could look at? I have tons of files.

Thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th May 2008 at 12:23 AM
If you have Vista I think it's 260 as the error said; slightly less if you have XP. But remember that is the number of characters in the path- so that includes the c:\documents and settings\ username\ my documents etc. at the front.
So the files you should be looking at are those which are deepest down in the folder hierarchy, and those with exceptionally long names.