Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2016 at 9:59 PM
Next two Sims 3 expansion recommendations?
I have been playing the Sims 3 for almost a month now, since it finally works on my PC. I had been playing the Sims 2 for almost 10 years. Anyways, I have all the expansion packs except University, Supernatural, Showtime, Ambitions, and Into the Future. I am planning on buying two tomorrow. The expansions I already have are the ones I just had to get first. Now, I have a dilemma: Which of two of these expansions should I get next? I was thinking Ambitions and Supernatural. Any thoughts? Favorite out of those? Thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:10 PM
I agree with your choice of Ambitions and Supernatural. Of the EPs you don't yet have, those two provide the most additions to broad-based, general gameplay.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th May 2016 at 12:47 AM
I agree. The other three are all nice, but can be a bit overly-niche if you're not interested in traveling from your homeworld to live on campus, or go into the future world to play through that overarc-ing scenario. I've personally never been able to stop thinking of Showtime as anything more than "the EP I bought to get the billiards table."

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th May 2016 at 1:28 AM
Ditto on Ambitions and Supernatural. Supernatural adds a lot of fun new features and objects, and I still haven't tired of it. The Ambitions self-employment feature is also pretty great, although Showtime...unless you like doing a lot of entertainment/musician Sims, you're going to be disappointed.

I don't have Into the Future, but EPs revolving around going to another world/travel have never appealed to me as much.
Theorist
#5 Old 12th May 2016 at 11:48 AM
I bought Ambitions for Christmas for myself and haven't gotten too into it yet but I like it. I just received Uni the other and I have been trying to get my Sims teens ready for college so I can't comment on it, except I like the cell phone expansion options. If you like "weird creatures" then you will like Supernatural. I prefer realistic game play and dislike all "supernatural" and "other worldly" content.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 12th May 2016 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
................... I've personally never been able to stop thinking of Showtime as anything more than "the EP I bought to get the billiards table."

And I keep Uni for the bowling alley and Barista bar.

I have to agree with everyone else, Ambitions and SN will add lots of actual game play. And that's from someone who is not into the werewolf/vampire/witch thing (the witch was OK with spells and potions).
Instructor
#7 Old 12th May 2016 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
And I keep Uni for the bowling alley and Barista bar.

I have to agree with everyone else, Ambitions and SN will add lots of actual game play. And that's from someone who is not into the werewolf/vampire/witch thing (the witch was OK with spells and potions).

I just keep Uni for the Plantsims and juice kegs because I always use them for parties, plus I like the social media and group stuff. Supernatural is definitely my favorite because I'm into playing supernaturals, particularly witches and vampires(especially vampires), and I love the Victorian themed stuff and Proper trait
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th May 2016 at 7:59 PM
Awesome! Thank you everyone! I think I've made up my mind!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th May 2016 at 10:48 PM
Ambitions it's a must! Even after years i love playing architect career.
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 13th May 2016 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jessi2014
Awesome! Thank you everyone! I think I've made up my mind!

That's great!

But please don't just leave us dangling. What did you decide?