Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 12:08 AM
Default I moved in a foreign sim and he doesn't age
Hey

I received a notification that Egyptian Abdul Kamel will die soon, because he is very old and I should visit him. So I invited him instead, but if you invite foreign people they arrive the next day at 9 AM. I was so dumb I called him 3 AM... So I had to wait more than 24 sim hours. During my waiting I got a notification that Abdul Kamel died. After 9 AM he arrived... I thought he will die in my lot, so I made kind interactions with him.
I wanted the Oh my ghost opportunity for so long, because I wanted a certain dead sim to be playable ghost and then move him to a lot, I wanted a ghost neighbor... Then a woman who is "old friend" to my adult sims died, I put her grave from the mausoleom to my sim's inventory, but I didn't received the oh my ghost...
So I had the idea that maybe it's just a glitch that Abdul Kamel arrived, so my sim and he became best friends, then I asked him to move in. I thought he will die soon because his aging bar is full and maybe I will get the oh my ghost opportunity, because if he lived in my lot while died, then maybe I will get the oh my ghost. But.... he moved in and his aging bar says that he will never age.. ,,days left until next life period: none" (my game is not English, it's my translation). I don't know how this happened... I made him drink the elixir that makes sims younger. I thought if he changes age then he will age, but I was wrong. What can I do so he can age?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 9:44 AM
That's completely normal, none of the Sims from World Adventure locations age. But if you trigger age transition enough times, he should die of old age...I'm assuming you actually just want him to die rather than just trying to fix a "bugged" sim. Which is good cause I honestly have no idea how to mess with an individual Sims lifespan (as in the timer, I know how to age em but curing em of immortality? eh nah.) without mods.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 9:46 PM
You might want to read about mini sims here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+Types+Of+Sims

I would not keep this sim in my game, or try to resurrect him. He is bugged, probably for several reasons. He "died" and then came to visit you. His aging is frozen.

I would use a mod to delete him. This game is buggy as it is. There is no good reason to attempt something the game wasn't meant to do. It will just lead to further problems down the line, imo.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 9:58 PM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 1st Nov 2016 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You might want to read about mini sims here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+Types+Of+Sims

I would not keep this sim in my game, or try to resurrect him. He is bugged, probably for several reasons. He "died" and then came to visit you. His aging is frozen.

I would use a mod to delete him. This game is buggy as it is. There is no good reason to attempt something the game wasn't meant to do. It will just lead to further problems down the line, imo.

Nope, it really isn't a bug, he's from a WA Travel World, they are literally all set not to age, I remember because someone doing the Midnight Sun challenge had to manually age up a teenager to YA to be her Sims bride.

StoryProgression (not the mod unless they have it) just dun goofed is all. Sent a death notification about a Sim that literally CAN'T die of old age without player intervention.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 10:57 AM
I got the oh my ghost, and I made him a ghost and his aging bar shows how many days he lived, so I guess he ages, because I see numbers in the aging bar again.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 4:09 PM
Sounds like a good setup for a story.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 4:20 AM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Nov 2016 at 7:13 AM.
For future reference, it is actually okay to ask a foreign sim to move in with yours when you are in their world, then they should come home with you as part of your household. It's not really that the sims themselves are set to never age, it's their current homeworld that does this while they are considered residents of it.

Asking a visiting sim to move in when they are visiting your world is where players get into trouble and the Mini-Sim concept kicks in. It is safer (though not as much as when in their world) to do this with a bunch of mods in place to help protect the Mini-Sims from damage, those would be NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Traveler, and RelationshipPanel. It is also safe to force a foreign sim to move into your homeworld either in your household or one of their own with MasterController's Add Sim > Homeworld (filter to their homeworld) if they have no presence in your current world at the time.

But I wouldn't honestly do any of these things except maybe the in their world scenario without at least the mods mentioned to protect against damaged sims and clean up duplicates on the next save(as) and startup that can sometimes be formed temporarily. All of this sim data gets pulled through the TravelDB file when the sim in question is in/still from another world than the actively being played one and sometimes things can get a bit out of sync with that file. That's often why many of us who play multiple connected worlds sometimes get death notifications about sims we know aren't really about to die of old age back in their homeworlds, the notices are bogus when things are a bit misaligned.

More comprehensive information can be found here towards the end of the page (see the section about Pulling Sims in from Other Worlds, though what's there is meant primarily for users of the Traveler mod).
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ

And then there will be players, often without the mods being mentioned, who insist it's perfectly fine to ask visiting sims from other worlds to marry and/or move in because it worked out well for them a few times. It really becomes a matter of risk management and how many chances the player is willing to take without safety nets.