Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 11:03 PM
Default new mesh bathtub glows?
I made a new bathtub based on the tub in the picture below. (I dont remember the actual name )

The lower section of the tub uses a texture separate from the top section, and regardless of how I set the transparency, or which DXT setting I use, I get this glow.

Mesh was made in 3D Max, exported, ran thru UVMapper, and imported to simPE, so no Wings3D or Milkshape goofups that I might have done.

I tried adjusting the settings for the texture, so they match the shower shown in the BG, but that had zero effect.

I've done about 15 or so meshes this same way with great results, so I assume this is maybe coming from one of the other parts that make up the complete tub, but thats a guess.

It has unique GUID numbers, the mesh names matched the original mesh names, the object I cloned works fine, (As you can see in the pic) the item shows right in the catalog, so I think I have been pretty thorough.

I think that covers where I'm at, so any help would be great :D

Jimbo-
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 11:04 PM
That looks really great! It's just one of those modern ones that does have a light in it. Very fashionable!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:08 AM
I figured it out, it was a problem with the normals.

Jimbo-