Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 7:14 AM
Default Sally Carrera from "Cars" (2002 Porsche 911)
I'm currently working on creating "Sally" from Disney's "Cars", but can't find any Sims 2 Porsche 911 cars (P.S. it must be a 2002) I did find a porsche 911 turbo which looks almost like Sally does (like 98%), so I want to use it. The only problem is, its a 3d model. I've converted it to an .obj file and I can view it in UV Mapper pro, but now what? It need the textures, etc. ... how do I do everything? PPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE someone help me. preferbaly in a very easy to understand step by step tutorial of some sort (this is my first). I am familar with recoloring & cloning, but that's about it.

Thanx
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 7:27 AM
You need to start smaller than a car. Cars are not easy to make at all and require advanced knowledge. You can't do brain surgery your first day of med school - gotta start with the basics. We do have info on doing cars here - but it's not for beginners as you wouldn't have a "Brain Surgery for Beginners" manual either.

There's more information as well as links to the tutorials you would need to do first here:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ding_Start_Here

(Cars would fall under new animated object meshes, by the way, so you can see what you need to do before cars.)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.