Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 4:03 AM Last edited by Rainncandy : 3rd Oct 2007 at 11:12 AM.
Default Wings 3D Object Model - Normals/Smoothing Problem
I opened an object model in UVMapper Pro Demo and the object was pretty dark. It was created using Wings 3D. I applied a texture I made and it appeared dark also. I clicked on Tools - Normals - Smooth and the object including the texture appeared much brighter. Examples of the object model below (no texture):

Since there is no way for one to save the model with the Smooth tool applied using UVMapper Pro Demo, would my textured object appear darkened using the model with the Smooth tool not applied? If so, how can I correct this? I don't want my object to show up darkened/dimmed. Thanks!
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 12:36 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 3rd Oct 2007 at 12:56 PM.
I'm bumping this -- I can't help -- anyone out there who knows wings?

raincandy - in this tutorial (do a search in the thread) there is a mention of the smoothing (aka normals) and something about using uvmapper pro....

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments

You might also write mod_bv and ask if he can help, he was last on Sept 27th, so he probably hasn't seen this question.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 1:12 PM
You can try inverting in Wings 3d and see if that helps. Make sure the whole object is selected by clicking on the far right triangle, then right click and choose invert.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 9:23 PM