Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:12 PM
Default Tall Building and Invisible Roof on Neighborhood View
I've built a 11-story building (12 if you count with the roof), and it looks fine on Build Mode, but when I go to the neighborhood view, its roof is missing. I decreased the building height by 2 floors and it fixed the problem, but the building looks weird without those two floors. Is there a maximum floor rule I don't know about or is it something wrong with the construction that could be fixed?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 11:02 PM
I'm assuming the "roof" here is floor tiles, right? Tiled roofs run into this problem- actual "roof" roofs should not.

Not really a rule, since as you pointed out, it looked fine from the lot view, but yeah, neighborhood view doesn't show flooring above about 10 stories (if I remember correctly)- walls and objects still show up, but the floors stop at a certain point. Depending on your building style, it can make building good-looking skyscrapers pretty tricky, but there are ways to kind of get around it. You're welcome to look at some of my skyscrapers if you like- quite a few of them are tall enough that I run into this same issue, and I think you'll get a good idea of some of the ways to hide it.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:29 AM
Yes, that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion. Thank you for clearing it up for me, I'll take a look at your buildings and try to find a way to hide it