Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Do you want an archive of simwardrobe sims 1 downloads?
Yes
15 93.75%
No
1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2012 at 6:27 AM
Default Would you like a simswardrobe sims 1 archive?
Each time I made a new thread asking of someone knew of a place were the simwardrobe sims 1 downloads are available (the links on simwardrobe are broken) the thread died out without any solution.

I am beginning to think I am the only one who would want this. I created a poll to see weather or not I am right. Please vote!

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2012 at 11:53 AM
Downloads seem to be working for me - what is it you want from there? Did you try emailing James (Paladin) to see if he knows about any broken links. Last I heard, he was still around and interested in keeping the site going (though I don't think he is building any new stuff at the moment). I know he's been ill recently.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2012 at 6:31 PM
The sims 2 downloads are all fine (because they are all hosted onsite). It's the downloads for sims 1 that are all broken, because they used to be hosted offsite on places like geocities. The last of the working links were broken when geocities shut down.

I sent an email to James yesterday at his new site, since the sim wardrobe support button doesn't work either. I'm hoping for the best.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th May 2012 at 6:44 PM
I was referring to the TS1 object links - they seem to be working for me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2012 at 7:38 PM
Really? Well they don't seem to be working for me...

Are you sure you are actually clicking on the download link (loft 1, loft 2, etc.)? Because the the pages which say what each object is are onsite and thus work. However the actual download links do not work.

Instructor
#6 Old 6th May 2012 at 9:15 PM
I have some of their TS1 files. Pending SimWardrobe's permission, I ask what I can contribute.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th May 2012 at 9:27 PM
I have to say just here that I can't download them either, as I get a typical server run out first loft, second I go to download and bad file and third is geocities.

It's strange it's working for you, Maxon, but hopefully OP can get the files s/he wants.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th May 2012 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
Really? Well they don't seem to be working for me...

Are you sure you are actually clicking on the download link (loft 1, loft 2, etc.)? Because the the pages which say what each object is are onsite and thus work. However the actual download links do not work.

Yes, I am sure.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2012 at 3:31 AM
Wierd maxon, you seem to be the only one for who it works. I don't really know what to say.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
Wierd maxon, you seem to be the only one for who it works. I don't really know what to say.

It works for me.
Although I do think that every single sims 1 site should be archived by now, they are dying off rather quickly

Please be advised that a noticeable taste of blood is not part of any test protocol but is an unintended side effect of the Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grill, which may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th May 2012 at 5:21 PM
Maxon, hello: Are you downloading walls and skins or programs? Those seem to work. The objects are the ones that do not work.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th May 2012 at 8:32 AM
I bought the Sims complete Collection 2 years ago and was hoping to download some things off of the site but I too was unable to download anything. Yes I agree most Sims 1 sites and files should be archived, it's such a shame to see so much hard work that people have made and done all gone, Sims 2 sites should be archived too, because most of those are dying as well. I really wish most of the Internet and it's files would be archived more often, I know web-Archive does a lot, but I don't think they save enough sites and files as they should. I for one think the Internet is very Valuable the good things in it anyway, not bad ones , and when something gets wiped out it's like it has never happened or even existed, so it's like history is being destroyed.

And yes I to would like to know, what exactly was it that you downloaded maxon? If we may ask?

I vote Yes!

My YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/simdrew1993
My Sims http://simdrew1993.deviantart.com/
My Ganondorf Impression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqKxNM6IO0?HD=1
Batman Impressions http://youtu.be/hPYnW2AZdzI?hd=1

I make Zelda Sims, so please feel free to check them out!!! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th May 2012 at 3:32 AM
Well I emailed him a week (I think) ago and so far nothing. I'm sure he is busy, so I'll keep checking for a response. I think only the objects are broken. I think the walls and patters are fine, as are the programs. Too bad it's the objects that I really want...