Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 4:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default The sims medieval not working with windows 8?
I apologize if this is the wrong section, I couldn't figure out where else to put this.

So I recently got a Windows 8 computer. I installed sims Medieval on it, and it worked fine up until we got our internet back, and it kept wanting me to install the newest patch. Once I did that, the game stopped working.
It will come up with the launcher, and act like it is starting, and then nothing happens.

I heard that EA has no current plans on making it compatible with W8? So is there any way to fix this?

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 8:27 AM
Do you have bitDefender on your computer ? Sims 3 has a problem with bitDefender which makes the game not start with Windows 8. Maybe medieval does too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:40 PM
No, it is a new computer and it has almost nothing on it.
Also it worked fine up until we got our internet back, and it realized I needed to patch the game.
I tried it in compatibility mode, and it still doesn't work.

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 4amMist
No, it is a new computer and it has almost nothing on it.
Also it worked fine up until we got our internet back, and it realized I needed to patch the game.
I tried it in compatibility mode, and it still doesn't work.

Uninstall the game completely, make sure you have no saved kingdoms from previously updated versions of the game. Even if you do keep them, they do not retain all their objects due to what action you have to take.

Reinstall the game, then when you launch, make sure you disconnect your computer or disable any incoming internet connections you have to prevent the game from updating.
The game will run on the Windows 8 OS, but you cannot patch nor update to Pirates and Nobles.
I find it extremely frustrating and I'm trying to find a way to at least transfer the P&N furniture and clothing to older sims versions, otherwise mods usually cover for anything that the patched versions have. The other big issue is that a few of the most popular mods are incompatible with unpatched TSM.