Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#451 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 9:18 AM
Wow. I saw Apartment Life on the shelf at the shops today.
I was SO tempted to buy it!!
But alas, I shall wait a little longer.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Advertisement
#452 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Exactly! It's not that I don't want to play Sims 2 as much anymore, it's that after learning more about Sims 3 and being spoiled with all the new info, screen shots and videos, the anticipation gets way too strong to ignore and it makes it harder to play Sims 2 because it now seems so dull and lacking in comparison to Sims 3. Trust me, I wish I could still look at Sims 2 as the same as before I ever learned about Sims 3, but I can't. Sometimes I'll turn my game on and just sit there not knowing what to do because the mood to play it drifts away quickly.

That's why I don't read about Sims 3 or look at the screenshots It helps a lot. And I will not be dissapointed when Sims 3 finally comes out because I won't know what it was supposed to be like. What we will actually get will be far from those screenshots and videos anyway, as it was with Sims 2 (Anyone remember the first Sims 2 Video? Wasn't it cool? Is Sims 2 THAT cool?)
Forum Resident
#453 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 10:07 AM
If the past provides any experience, Sims 3 will be a loser for the first six months to a year. That's how long it took for new custom content to arrive to make Sims 2 more interesting than Sims 1. I hated Sims 2 at first and quit playing it because it was such a huge letdown after all the cool mods we had made for Sims 1.
Field Researcher
#454 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 11:51 AM
I'm not too fussed. Now creators can get down to really being able to create, mod and hack without having to worry about adjusting for future compatibility.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#455 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 7:33 PM
I hope the inSim won't be updated for Sims 3 because then that will take the fun away from playing. I now can't live without the inSim and it sucks that it does take the fun away.
Inventor
#456 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:25 AM
I'll probably get it (Sims 3, depending on cost) immediately but will be surely annoyed at some things until we can mod them more. I know many don't agree with my gameplay method but it's already set it with me. I'm a cheater dangit. lol (with the game) I appreciate aspiration adjustments and relationship adjustments (especially if something goes wrong that shouldn't, this way you can fix it). I think it'll take adjustment but I can see myself eventually appreciating it the way I did Sims 2. Atleast similar.

Insim doesn't remove my fun.. I use it as needed or desired but try to still do many things without the adjustments. What ruins my fun is the annoyances of some of the NPC's. Without the INSIM I'd never be able to "fix" the NPC situations, amongst so many other things.

Good thing we are all entitled to our own views and ways Some diversity is good..

Hope you guys have a good one...
Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#457 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 9:49 AM
Has anyone had one of them deluxe apartments with a butler? How does that work?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#458 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 10:52 AM
This thread is about Apartment Life. If you want Sims 3 discussion, there's a whole forum on S2C for that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#459 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 9:26 PM
Somekind of bug, but quite amusing, I have now lot of female NPCs with malenames in my game

Maybe it is because of translation?

Waiting to see boy named Sue
Test Subject
#460 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 9:35 AM
I have two questions (and yes I have installed the patch):

1. my NPC neighbors duplex looks completely empty

am I supposed to see her furniture?

When I click on her door I only get an option to ask her to come out, not for me to go in

2. what decorations can be adjusted on the walls? paintings cannot be adjusted in my game.
Field Researcher
#461 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:38 PM
You can't see anything in the other tenants' apts so yes, you're not supposed to see their furniture.

Once you knock on the door, and someone is home, you can then enter the place and make yourself at home :3

Sorry, but custom paintings cannot be adjusted on the walls. I'm not entirely sure what can though. Someone else can answer this question :3

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Test Subject
#462 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 2:02 AM
thanks
Page 19 of 19