Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 8:28 PM
Default Spread the word to EA for a Patch/Update I wanted or make a Patch.
I just telling everyone who can made a patch to fix the problem called "Direct3d returned an error E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate." I am running a problem on a faster Graphics card. I was able to run it on Intel HD 4000 but it was slower. I want to use the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M, but It won't let me to because of that error. Is there someone here to help me? I am on Windows 8.1 with the latest version of the graphics card and have the Ultimate Collection on Orgin. It does not have an Compatibility tab on the .exe. I tried to used the Compatibility troubleshoot and I could still not get it to work. It happens on both full screen and window, and tried to run as an administrator. I also have the latest .NET framework version.

Is there someone who can make a patch out of this and/or fix this game or tell EA to make a update or a patch to fix an graphic card problems of this error. Go here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2...636965#U4636965

I am sorry if I troll you but If it breaks the forums rules, I can't find the rules posted somewhere. If you found the method that can fix the problem well, go here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4803623
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:14 PM
We don't really want EA patching the game at this point. Any update to the game engine will probably fux a gazillion mods out there with the original makers long since disappeared. I do believe there is an answer to your issue. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me about Win8 and the game will come along and tell you about it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:44 PM
Since EA relied on modders to fix glitches in Sims 3 most of the time and very rarely fixed problems themselves with patches, its very doubtful that a EA patch would do any good.

This may help: http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia...patibility-with
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Since EA relied on modders to fix glitches in Sims 3 most of the time and very rarely fixed problems themselves with patches, its very doubtful that a EA patch would do any good.

This may help: http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia...patibility-with

I have tried it and none of them work as I know of. Are there ways to fix it with this one?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:05 PM
Most issues should be fixed with the existing patches - and there are mods/hacks for most other issues.

EA's patches have a knack of screwing up more than they actually fix - particularly those made by the TS3/4 creators. I don't even want them to touch my TS2 game with a ten mile stick.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Most issues should be fixed with the existing patches - and there are mods/hacks for most other issues.

EA's patches have a knack of screwing up more than they actually fix - particularly those made by the TS3/4 creators. I don't even want them to touch my TS2 game with a ten mile stick.

I think you're right. EA were not actually the best to fix. I will try to go with NVIDIA to fix it. If not, I will try to find the modders and hackers to fix this problem.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 11:24 PM
What about Leefish's tutorial on how to fix this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
What about Leefish's tutorial on how to fix this?

It haven't reply my answer.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 4:30 AM Last edited by pianogrinder : 5th Jul 2015 at 5:38 AM.
Does Leefishes graphic fix work? My Sims 2 flickers but not to the point of being bothersome. I heard installing this patch makes Intel integrated cards crash the game..Is it worth getting Leefishes's patch? Because I have a pretty fast computer to start with.Windows 8.1 Intel core I5 quad, but the card is Intel HD Graphics 4400 up to 1792 MB dynamic video memory. Also, I have 6 GB ram and a 1 TB hard drive.