Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2014 at 2:44 AM
Default What do you think it is?
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...amera.kwwl.html

I found this on CNN. What do you guys think the dark blob is?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th May 2014 at 12:29 PM
Nothing exciting. I think it's probably a bug on the lens like they suggested. People in small towns want something to talk about. Also I love how they were like, "The cups fell on this guy!!" Similar stuff has happened at my house because things just fall sometimes if they're stacked too high/improperly. I do believe ghosts exist but this seems like some guy in small town Iowa wanted to get on the news for something, haha.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2014 at 9:56 PM
That's what I'm thinking.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th May 2014 at 11:06 PM.
Looks like a bug, maybe a black and blue one - maybe a butterfly, or some kind of fly with long wings (a few flies have blue behinds), or at least something with wings (the blank, long blobs on the sides). Moves with the kind of jerky bug motions you'd expect from a flying bug, anyway - and the bug is so out of focus it looks like a blob, just like all the other times when they decide to wander over a camera lens, or even when you get a drop of water on the lens that distorts the picture.

I've so far not seen any blue-and-black ghosts. In fact, I've seen no ghosts, no clear evidence of ghosts, and no unclear evidence of ghosts that couldn't have a natural explanation. The most likely explanation is a bug, because those are pretty common.

To demonstrate, the pic to the left is clearly a ghost (albeit a cartoony one). The one to the right looks a bit more like whatever was on the camera lens.

It might look like a ghostly image, but is really a fly with a bad case of gaussian blur in photoshop (like the tiny, original pic in the right corner shows). If you look very closely on the blurry fly, it actually looks a bit like a person, which in itself explains why humans have a kanck of seeing things that aren't really there (like seeing Elvis on your toast, or a monster in the closet, or a ghost when you've just woken up). Our brains are hard-wired to see faces, bodies and patterns, and we tend to create them in our minds even when they're not there, particularly when we're in an emotional state (scared, sad...), or we're in a state between light sleep and awake, or when it's dark in the room, or simply when we want to see something there.

When things fall down, it might be they were just badly balanced and got a breath of wind on them or some such, or someone rushed by and created an air disturbance. Sound waves can make things move as well. Or it was the cat.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2014 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Looks like a bug, maybe a black and blue one - maybe a butterfly, or some kind of fly with long wings (a few flies have blue behinds), or at least something with wings (the blank, long blobs on the sides). Moves with the kind of jerky bug motions you'd expect from a flying bug, anyway - and the bug is so out of focus it looks like a blob, just like all the other times when they decide to wander over a camera lens, or even when you get a drop of water on the lens that distorts the picture.

I've so far not seen any blue-and-black ghosts. In fact, I've seen no ghosts, no clear evidence of ghosts, and no unclear evidence of ghosts that couldn't have a natural explanation. The most likely explanation is a bug, because those are pretty common.

To demonstrate, the pic to the left is clearly a ghost (albeit a cartoony one). The one to the right looks a bit more like whatever was on the camera lens.

It might look like a ghostly image, but is really a fly with a bad case of gaussian blur in photoshop (like the tiny, original pic in the right corner shows). If you look very closely on the blurry fly, it actually looks a bit like a person, which in itself explains why humans have a kanck of seeing things that aren't really there (like seeing Elvis on your toast, or a monster in the closet, or a ghost when you've just woken up). Our brains are hard-wired to see faces, bodies and patterns, and we tend to create them in our minds even when they're not there, particularly when we're in an emotional state (scared, sad...), or we're in a state between light sleep and awake, or when it's dark in the room, or simply when we want to see something there.

When things fall down, it might be they were just badly balanced and got a breath of wind on them or some such, or someone rushed by and created an air disturbance. Sound waves can make things move as well. Or it was the cat.

Well! I didn't expect a full-blown explanation! Really cool, though.