Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cash Register Trainer (Global Mod version) - *UPD 07 NOV 2008*

by Numenor Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2008 at 10:21 AM by Numenor : UPDATE: Faster skilling + OK with FT and AL

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Ghogin - If the business owner is the only one who can operate the cash register, then he will be the only one able to practice. In a "home business", each family member is automatically enabled to operate the register (and practice); I'm not sure if family members are allowed to use the register on community lots, I will check this.

I have no difficulty in my game with other family members operating the cash register on comm lots. However, none of my Comm lot business owners have children, so I haven't tried this with anyone younger than adult. Servos also have no problem doing all the normal business functions such as selling, using the cash register, etc.

I never thought about making a 5 year old a cashier before. I forgot that Sims don't have child labor laws.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 9:54 PM
You are an absolute darling, is all I can say. This has been driving me mad, especially considering it was so unrealistic. Nothing to say but brilliant, thank you very much!

Touch my mind
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:39 PM
OMG Finally my sims can gain Cash Register Badges! ^_^
Instructor
#29 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:58 PM
This is a very good idea, thanks
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:48 PM
Thank you for Yet Another Really Useful Thing!

Miao.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
I have no difficulty in my game with other family members operating the cash register on comm lots. However, none of my Comm lot business owners have children, so I haven't tried this with anyone younger than adult. Servos also have no problem doing all the normal business functions such as selling, using the cash register, etc.

Thanks for the good news

Quote:
I never thought about making a 5 year old a cashier before. I forgot that Sims don't have child labor laws.

Children can't be cashiers: they can only practice with the cash register, like it was a game for them. When I was a child, my father allowed me to enter his office, on Sundays, and I enjoyed a lot using the typewriter, the adding machines etc
Yes, I said adding machines, not calculators: I'm that old

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:29 AM
I had the same frustration with the use of cash registers also! Thanks so much for this, it is awesome!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 4:30 AM
OMG I hate tills...I've worked on too many of them and they are frustrating. This mod will help my Sims gain experience without being stumped in front of a customer...thanks for this

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:38 AM
Good...Good...Very Useful

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Scholar
#35 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:47 AM
Thanks for this, Numenor. It is a great idea - no real business would allow an untrained cashier to anger the customers.

I can confirm that all family members including teens can do business functions on community lots owned by a family member.
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 12:17 PM
Great idea, but a little thought...
Too bad for the need to own a business lot to train or to be on a business lot.
I usually train sims in most artisanal skill while they are in university simply because as long as all sims born in game have maxed the 7 skills and have an average 40 buddies BEFORE going to college they don't have much to do there. But the neighborhood lacks of trained cashiers to hire. Not all playable sims own a business, most are just employees. At 150-200§/hour it is not a bad job but no one has a cashier skill among the hireable ones. The only ones with that skill are already shop owners or robots ( or both, in fact, as almost all the business lots are owned by servos and the sims work for them)
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 11:35 PM
Absolutly outstanding Numenor, welldone!
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 1:42 AM
Thank you! While the difficulty sims have with the register at first is very realistic (I work in retail and know this first hand), it isn't realistic that such sims would be actually allowed to deal with customers. This mod is much closer to reality: at starbucks we have a computer program in the back room that new partners train on, safely away from our angry, caffeine-dependent patrons :P
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:19 AM
I am unable to download it...not sure why..but its really bugging me because I really want this.

Dis gweld es frotogé, en a wooka-dis now!
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 9:16 PM
What a great idea! Watching long lines of annoyed customers start to hurl the shopping bags on the floor is the most discouraging thing. This is fantastic -- thank you!
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 2:53 PM
What more can I add to what has already been said. A big thank you for making life that bit easier. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 8:15 PM
What a great idea! This would be great for new retail business owners! :D
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 1:27 AM
Long time downloader - first time poster LOL - all of the above pretty much say it all - THANK YOU! Brilliant idea and much needed (as it seems all of your creations are IMO) top notch as usual - cant wait to make them practice (and yeah - adding machines - I'm right there with ya :grin
Field Researcher
#44 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 11:18 AM
Thanks so much for this, it makes life so les stressful for the Sims, what cruel shop owner just throws a newbie on to a till and lets them sink or swim. Much appreciated.
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 12:48 AM
Is there nothing you can't do?

You are my hero! <sigh>
Forum Resident
#46 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 9:27 AM
Great Idea..

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:28 PM
I totally agree that it is so anying that my simmies are so noobed, in cashiers... so this is life saving for us not using cheats... btw how did u translate to danish, hungarian etc?

http://paradox-symphony.deviantart.com

If you like my creations then please rate and comment. I love feedback :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 2:26 AM
I just grabbed the same menu used by MAxis for the musical instruments: it already contained all the languages
I'm a master of Copy&Paste...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 3:59 PM
This is so cool thank you soo much for making and sharing this keep up the good work :-)
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 4:12 AM
Thank you so much! it's just what i needed!
Page 2 of 5