Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Mod Generator (OUTDATED)

by morgade Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 2:08 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:16 PM by Nysha

160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 152 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by morgade
Did you get any console error messages ?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how Console works, or how I would even find out. I managed to find the program, but it's just a bunch of gibberish to me.
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:27 AM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:10 AM
All I can say is..... WOW! Thank you soooo much!

Party Hardy,
Rock On, &
Scooby
Dooby
Doo!
Test Subject
#54 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:04 AM
First off, I want to say thank you very much. This is a really excellent tool and will be very helpful for people. But I also wanted to let you know that I ran into a problem changing some values in the AgingManager plugin. I adjusted the number of aging years that a sim spends in each life stage using S3PE and that worked great. Then, I wanted to use your tool to input those changes as well other changes that I make so that I could save it as a project. However, I get an error when I try to type decimal points into some of the values. Baby worked fine, probably because it already has a decimal point in it. But when I put a decimal point into any of the other life stages, I get a message saying "Invalid value: For input string: ".x". X is whatever value I type into the field. For now, I'll keep using the package that I created in S3PE since that works. I used your program to make some other changes and I love that I can keep it as a project. Thanks!
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blackhand8657
Maybe I just skipped past it, i dunno, but is there a plugin that alters the probability of finding certain metals, gems, insects, or maybe somethin that modifies how many would be in a certain spawn point? thanks in advance

I can only find variables for seed spawners.... Not gems or insects, the only thing I can find for those is the size of the spawner. Nothing about what's in it.
Banned
#56 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:42 AM
Niiiiice. Is fab, thanks!!
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Demosthenes
I can only find variables for seed spawners.... Not gems or insects, the only thing I can find for those is the size of the spawner. Nothing about what's in it.

ok, thank you for looking. I saw that too, i might mess around with that, maybe that will mean for possibilities. thank you again
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:24 AM
Is it true that we can custom-make traits? I guess I will have to check that out.

Oh, and just FYI to EVERYONE - Never modded in my life, but just a little common sense is all you need to work this tool. A work of genius, indeed.

My props to you my man...
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:25 AM
I Can't seem to find a plug-in that allows you to alter the max number of a sims in a household. Does one not exist or if it does what is it called?
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:25 AM
this is awesome! thanks so much! has anyone found if you can change how many things are allowed to be "swiped" per day?
Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BailaBaila99
Any chance I can use this program to make a "No Privacy / No Shoo" mod? I've been trying to figure it out with XML to no avail thusfar...

Trying to do something like this too with this mod, but so far no success. I've been able to stop the shooing, but the sims just stand there and don't do whatever it is they were about to do afterwards.
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:44 AM
I've downloaded the tool and intend to explore it a bit, but I'm curious... What types of mods would be possible to make with this? I know it sounds like a broad and general question, but since I have no Sims modding experience, I'm not really sure what the possibilities are...

I've opened it and glanced at it, and immediately had the thought pop in my head "What can I do with this?" and "Where do I go to look for something specific?" Browsing every plugin to see what values are available seems like it could be an eternal task. Any type of hints or tips other modders would care to make, along the lines of "If you wanted to do this... look in the Grocery plugin" would be of trememdous value.

Without knowing what is possible, it's kinda hard to think of some mods that could be achieved with this tool. For example, let's say I wanted to create a mod that sold Deathfish and Lifefruit at the Grocery. Would it be possible with this tool? Where would I look to acoomplish this. Those people who say "Just give it a try" assmumes we are all intimately familiar with the Sims 3 internal workings, that we'd know right where to go.

And BTW, with my given example, I did look in Grocery, Fish, Recipes, and cooking but didn;t see anything. I wouldn't know where else to look to see if this would even be possible.

Having the tools not enough, and having an exploratory personality isn;t enough either without the knowledge of where to go to accomplish certain tasks.

I hope nobody thinks I'm being ungrateful, I'm not. I plan on trying this too for myself, it's just I really have no idea on where to start...
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#63 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thehopster797
this is awesome! thanks so much! has anyone found if you can change how many things are allowed to be "swiped" per day?

Look in the TraitTuning plugin, the 9th line down (there are several more klepto trait tunings in that file as well)
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:30 AM
I keep getting a "Could not find main class. Program Will Now Exit" error.

You know how I could fix this?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:00 AM
Originally Posted by blackhand8657:
"Maybe I just skipped past it, i dunno, but is there a plugin that alters the probability of finding certain metals, gems, insects, or maybe somethin that modifies how many would be in a certain spawn point? thanks in advance."

If you look in plugin InsectSwarms, it has for example 'number of uncommon butterflies to make' and the value is 2. Maybe this is partially what you're looking for?
TrashCanOutside is also worth looking at if you don't mind finding gems, metals, rocks, insects by rummaging trash. Probability of finding these in a trashcan may be adjusted upwards; also how many items you can find in one single trashcan, and apparently also how fast you find items while rummaging (second line from bottom). Be advised I haven't tried changing any of this in my game yet.

Morgade: a couple questions: When the parameter says 'Do not tune to a value of -1 unless you speak to the GPE first', what is this GPE? Also the term LTR, this is Long Term Relationship? Also as was mentioned in the modding thread it's a problem that some of the parameters are so long that they can't be read, I hope you can fix/workaround this as you stated, it would be very helpful.
Otherwise I must say that this program is fabulous! The coolest of the kewl extra games tools that I've ever seen, not just for sims games but any game.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:12 AM
@ Mac users with problems.

Check if your java 1.5 is also selected as default - sometimes it happens you have java updated but the system still uses the old version.

To check, open Terminal and type:

java -version

hit enter and look: if it says 1.4 or something lower, you need to change the default java.
Go in Applications > Utilities and open Java Preferences.app.
Click and drag the J2SE 5.0 entry so it is the first in the list.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:42 PM
Quote:
I get an error when I try to type decimal points into some of the values. Baby worked fine, probably because it already has a decimal point in it. But when I put a decimal point into any of the other life stages, I get a message saying "Invalid value: For input string: ".x".

When i geneterated the plugins, i used a simple rule to determine parameter type checking the default value. If the default is a integer, the tool determines that the parameter must be an integer. Maybe i should let any number types ...

Quote:
I've opened it and glanced at it, and immediately had the thought pop in my head "What can I do with this?" and "Where do I go to look for something specific?" Browsing every plugin to see what values are available seems like it could be an eternal task. Any type of hints or tips other modders would care to make, along the lines of "If you wanted to do this... look in the Grocery plugin" would be of trememdous value.

I'm planning a feature like "Search Text" in parameters description, that find plugins that you would want to use.

Quote:
When the parameter says 'Do not tune to a value of -1 unless you speak to the GPE first', what is this GPE?

No idea ... Maybe "Game Project Executive" :P

Quote:
Also the term LTR, this is Long Term Relationship?

Yep

Quote:
Also as was mentioned in the modding thread it's a problem that some of the parameters are so long that they can't be read, I hope you can fix/workaround this as you stated, it would be very helpful.

Planned to next version

Quote:
I keep getting a "Could not find main class. Program Will Now Exit" error.

Are you running the .bat, .exe or .jar ?
Wiki Wizard
#68 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:47 PM
OMG! I actually love yuo officially! i have just made an awesome mod in seconds of having downloaded it! You should be appluaded for your amazing work, truly a superb addition to the modding of TS3!

EDIT: I get the error message: "access to the path .../mymod.package is denied"

I cannot install the mods i make basically :S

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adrionn
...But when I put a decimal point into any of the other life stages, I get a message saying "Invalid value: For input string: ".x". X is whatever value I type into the field. For now, I'll keep using the package that I created in S3PE since that works. I used your program to make some other changes and I love that I can keep it as a project. Thanks!

I'm having same problem. in particular I want to change in game clock speed to slow down time while keeping normal animation speed, thus having activities take less in game time. only thing i can think of is "gameflow" knormaltimerate parameter, but it cannot be set below 1 cause it doesn't allow decimals. Maybe somebody have other idea how to do it?

thanks
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:42 PM
Thanks for creating and sharing this amazing tool!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:04 PM
I did download and try a few things by changing values but they didn't seem to work in game. Is there something I need to do make them "take"? (I tried to change the amount of time to drink coffee, etc)

Also, will future upgrades overwrite existing files or will we need to figure out how to erase this first?

And last, is there a quick and easy way to set any/all values you've changed back to default?

Thanks a billion.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:43 PM
OMG! *hugs.downloads.then runs off to play with it* Thank you so much! I have always wanted to mod but I could never find the folder needed to do it it was like it wasnt there but now...
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morgade
Are you running the .bat, .exe or .jar ?

I'm running the .Exe

Running the .bat gets me:
Quote: Originally posted by MS-DOS
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Mod Generator>echo off
The System cannot find the path specified.
JAVA_HOME variable invalid or no set <>
open and edit jqt.bat [Which I can't find] or just install a new Java !
Press any key to continue...

Then MS-DOS shuts down.

And the .Jar just acts like an .rar file. :\
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:39 PM
This is sooooooooooo handy. In two minutes, I created a mod that increases the maximum for royalties on Masterpieces into the millions of simoleons, and increased the number of times royalties are paid out from 6 weeks to 99,999!
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:00 PM
Awesome tool man... here's hoping for future updates with more stuff in it... not that i find any faults in the current version...

I tried some minor mods for testing.. like new households created will get 200,000 simoleans... now my sims who like rich people do not have to purchase a small home anymore.. yay !

THanks !!!
Page 3 of 7