Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 9:40 PM
Default UC - Alternatives to AGS
I love AGS.
But now I'm playing TS2 UC. So. No AGS for me.

What other alternatives do we have if we want to build lots which require as little EPs/SPs as possible?

I would like to keep creating lots which do not require all the EPs & SPs, so they are easier to share with other people, and I'm not really sure if using "boolProp ShowCatalogePFlags true" will suffice to figure it out.
I recall that some build items (floors and wallpapers, I think) do not get any EP flag so it's likely I may end up using some that are not included in those EPs/SPs I meant.

Also.
Creating a lot in test neighbourhood will be enough to make sure that no CC gets attached without me noticing it?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:23 AM
Clean Installer will show you any/all CC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:34 AM
I think you can install under a different user name. Not sure if that's the correct terminology, bat basically you sign out of your computer and then you sign in under another name. If you install your game under another user name you could do that one with less EP's.

Creating lots in a clean hood are not enough no. Some things will always try and come along for the ride, but Clean Installer will get rid of them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:35 AM
Thank you very much, ScaryRob, thought it was not what I was asking ^^;
I play with minimum CC and I never add any to my buildings - that part is actually easy even using UC.
I was wondering if there was any way to limit the number of EPs/SPs (manually) instead of using AGS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 5:51 AM
Well that's what I was saying. Maybe you did not see my post?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:09 PM
Sorry, no, I did not see your post ^^;
Considering the time difference it's likely I was already writing my reply when you posted it. Sorry about that.

Your suggestion would be cool if I were installing from disks... but in that case I could use AGS.
My problem is that I haven't found any UC configuration which allows me to choose which EPs install so I have no idea how to do such a thing

And thanks for elaborating the reply to my second question.
I've been using Clean Installer to check my own lots before I upload them here and I'll keep doing so in the future.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:03 AM
As far as we know, there is no way to limit the number of EPs when you have UC. The problem is not with the objects you've used, but with the game-engine. Every EP changes the game-engine, so even if you don't use objects from an EP, as long as its installed its required. Catalogflags won't help with that.