Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 12:43 PM Last edited by DarkStars2 : 9th Aug 2016 at 6:40 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Game constantly crashing when placing large houses
Hi,
I have a big family of Sims (15, nraas mods were used) so I decided it was time to get them a bigger house. I found two beautiful large houses here on MTS and they installed without an issue. I cleared a space in my town and placed a lot big enough, however without a doubt, almost every single time I've tried to place these houses, the game crashed to desktop. The one time it didn't crash to desktop, I got error code 12 when trying to save the town edit.

This is my absolute favourite family and I don't want to let them go just because of this. I NEVER play with other programs running in the background, my only installed mods are Master Controller, RelationshipPanel, PortaitPanel, Woohooer, Overwatch and Error Trap. My CC is minimal. I'm playing in Moonlight Falls and upon request, I can link the houses that won't place. As a temporary work around for space issues, the kids and teens are in boarding school but I really would like them to get a better house. It should be noted I'm well over 30 weeks into the game and I'm on generation 5.

Thank you.

UPDATE: Is this a Moonlight Falls issue? Interestingly I could place the lots on another save file in Sunset Valley. I could try porting the family to a new save.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 8:52 PM
It is possible but not likely this is a MF issue. Error 12 issues are almost always caused by being out of memory. Perhaps the SV saved game might not carry the file bloat that an older game will. Where you were able to place lots on the other save perhaps your game in MF needs some clean up.

There are other things to consider and it would help if you provided some system detail, Patch, RAM etc. Where you have Overwatch and ET installed; are your getting script errors for Moonlight Falls. If yes, you might want to upload them over at NRaas for someone to read (Not the System Crash Error Files). See How To Upload Script Errors. You need to register to upload and post but it's free.

In the meantime, try implementing some of the suggestions in Tips For Better Game Performance
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
It is possible but not likely this is a MF issue. Error 12 issues are almost always caused by being out of memory. Perhaps the SV saved game might not carry the file bloat that an older game will. Where you were able to place lots on the other save perhaps your game in MF needs some clean up.

There are other things to consider and it would help if you provided some system detail, Patch, RAM etc. Where you have Overwatch and ET installed; are your getting script errors for Moonlight Falls. If yes, you might want to upload them over at NRaas for someone to read (Not the System Crash Error Files). See How To Upload Script Errors. You need to register to upload and post but it's free.

In the meantime, try implementing some of the suggestions in Tips For Better Game Performance

I was able to port them over into a fresh SV save using porter with one of the large lots, however I will use your link for reference on keeping this save clean.

A small issue has arisen, a nitpick more than anything else. All the graves and ghosts went with them but on the family tree, one of the sims appears as pitch black and bald. Will this fix itself with time? I can attach a photo, if you'd like.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 11:39 PM Last edited by DarkStars2 : 9th Aug 2016 at 11:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm glad you found a solution, but just a word of advice. This is a 32-bit program. No matter how much you clean it or how good is your gaming rig, you're really pushing it with 15 members in a huge lot. I'm just saying, you'll run into more problems ahead with the memory. I know there are mods that lets you have a larger than 8 household, but they were only meant to give you maybe 1-2 additional sims.

I'm working on it, it's going to clear up soon, I'm planning on moving out Sims that are aging up soon as well as Sims that will be dying of old age soon clearing up space. I honestly didn't intend to have so many but when I wanted just one more child, my sim had quads, hah. Do you have any ideas about the family tree icon thing in my other post on here? It's happened to multiple Sims on the tree that do have ghosts linked to them. Most weird. In 'find grave' for master controller, their icons appear that way too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Unfortunately I gave up on the family tree a long time ago. The save files eventually gets corrupted again and again and you'll end up with missing links etc... I eventually chalked it up to how in real life many of us lose track of our ancestry after several generations. My first game reached around Generation 20, but it was such a mess eventually I opted out for a new game.

I actually did lose a link but the main issue I had was with the icons getting corrupted (see photos)

Is there anything I can do to fix that or no?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 12:32 AM Last edited by barbarat : 10th Aug 2016 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Corrected Mod for Fix Invisible
When I portered my legacy family along with the dead I did see some "blackened" sim icons. Not sure which of the steps I took resolved it but here's what I did:
I reloaded the game. Some went back to normal. Then I used Master Controller to reset the town.
You can also try using Master Controller to Fix Invisible Sims. I use that one often as in some of my games my raccons and deer and every once in awhile other Service Sims show up blackened. Fixing Invisible sims always has brought them back for me. I'm not in game at the moment but will check when I go in for the path for that. I have it on a Hot Key for quick access

Edit: "Fix Invisible Sims" is in DebugEnabler From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Debug Enabler>Fix Invisible Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 7:15 AM Last edited by DarkStars2 : 10th Aug 2016 at 9:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
When I portered my legacy family along with the dead I did see some "blackened" sim icons. Not sure which of the steps I took resolved it but here's what I did:
I reloaded the game. Some went back to normal. Then I used Master Controller to reset the town.
You can also try using Master Controller to Fix Invisible Sims. I use that one often as in some of my games my raccons and deer and every once in awhile other Service Sims show up blackened. Fixing Invisible sims always has brought them back for me. I'm not in game at the moment but will check when I go in for the path for that. I have it on a Hot Key for quick access

Edit: "Fix Invisible Sims" is in DebugEnabler From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Debug Enabler>Fix Invisible Sims.

I deleted the other thread, I'll give this a shot and let you know how I get on! Thank you!

Update: Invisible icons fix did not work