Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:33 PM
Default Is there a reason there are no custom-sized driveways?
As far as I can tell, after tons of searching, there are no custom driveways with dimensions other than 5x8, and no custom garrage doors with width other than 5. (If I'm wrong and my search-fu is weak and foolish, please let me know!)

I can't believe that nobody's ever *tried* to make these, not seeing all the wildly clever things people have managed to force the recalcitrant driveway to do, and also how much of this kind of thing exists for TS3. I can't be the only one constantly frustrated by needing a giant, untweakable 5x8 clump in every lot when I'm trying to mimmic real-world house plans. Heck, even making it *bigger* would help! Being able to have a 6- or 8-tile wide garrage pretending to be a two-car would at least give some flexibility.

So there must be something about the task that makes it especially difficult. I'm off for the summer and trying to avoid the projects I *should* be doing, thinking about poking this with a stick... has anyone here ever tried this? Why doesn't it work?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:20 PM