Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:01 PM
Looks abit like a TS3 version of Strangetown to me, with all those desert-y place and weird architecture...
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:00 PM
Without new gameplay, clothes, vehicles and furnitures it's nothing special. It's nice, but you will play it the same way like all the other worlds.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaBoogadie
........and then a horse ran down the street.

...Unless they zone it as a city?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:37 AM
Maybe they can have a new world type that doesn't allow wildlife? It could be a space-related one. Otherwise, we'll see a bunch of taxis roaming around town. And speaking of transportation, something needs to be done about the look of it.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:40 AM
subways and hover-bikes :D

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
#31 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 6:11 AM
This will totally look weird if the simply stick places like Hogan's, the Bistro, the bookstore and the spa inside glass domes. Ditto, if you are going to have terrestial cars on some alien world.

However, I have come to expect half-assed incomplete work from EA.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 2:39 PM
In case you haven't seen those pictures yet, here are four new ones: 1, 2, 3 and 4
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:55 PM
Is it me, or do those buildings(structurally) look similar to the ones out of Moon Base Delta? I'm not paying for a ripped off world when the original is free.

Sims 3 Midnight Island Challenge: http://maekitten.blogspot.com/
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:10 PM
Wait. Wait. Is this shiny off-planet world going to have the same boring base game RGM spawners?! Tiberium and supernovium and the other funky rocks, those were all EP spawners, right?

... The added gameplay of new/mixed spawners is far too much to ask from a Store world. Sigh.
Instructor
#35 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 5:05 PM
I'll probably buy it. Who am I kidding? I did like the lunar colony freebie mod posted on the Sims3 website and had a lot of fun with it. This simply looks cool.
Instructor
#36 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:17 PM
I really like the design of the world and I'm glad they put some thought into the lots this time. It's too bad they forgot about everything else. There's a severe lack of clothes, hair and objects. I understand that LL is supposed to be combined with the Future Shock Set, but still...
The rabbit holes are now portals?! Such a shame.

I love, love the new premium object though. It seems they put a lot of time and creativity into this one. I think the world looks amazing but it seems that they can only get a certain amount of stuff right each time. Was it the lack of time they had to work on it? Who knows... I don't think it's worth 2400 so if you're gonna get it, use the code to get discount on sim points.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Retired
retired moderator
#37 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:25 PM
2400 simpoints is, what, US$24?

What an utter load of bull for that price.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#38 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
2400 simpoints is, what, US$24?

What an utter load of bull for that price.

At the moment you can get simpoints at a discount price and I assume the world will be released at a discount price so you'll prolly get double discount.

Though it's not worth 2400. It lacks proper rabbit holes, build and buy objects, CAS items...

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Mad Poster
#39 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:40 PM
I guess if I were to buy a store town, this would be the one I'd get...simply because it is more unique than their others. I am having too much fun with CAW at the moment.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:22 PM
I found this developer, Sarah, to be a lot more tolerable than the SHT one. She and even the one next to her seemed honest with the questions (with the exception being why they didn't choose to have aliens, but I am not surprised by their absence). Sarah seemed to have actual personality and made me enjoy this video with how she gave us a decent tour and what have you. I wouldn't mind seeing her again for future projects. As adorable as I find Graham to be, I think Sarah might be my new favorite.

As for the world, I was amazed and thought it was great overall. However, it is not worth the price tag for the few things that it lacks, such as aliens, more CAS stuff, a larger rabbit hole variety, and more objects.
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 11:58 PM
Did anyone catch if there were going to be custom Ambitions lots for this town, like Appaloosa Plains has? It's really going to ruin the look of the town if your game's just going to auto-place the standard ones.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:02 AM
They didn't mention that, so my guess would be "no." I have Hidden Springs, and the same thing happened to that one in regards to the auto-placement. I hate that feature. I wish there were a mod to deactivate that.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:21 AM
Ahh, more EA propaganda. I hate propaganda, especially any that comes from EA. You might think it surprising that they can do this sort of thing, but if you know how the world really is, then you should not be the least bit surprised. I wonder what Alan Watt thinks of them?

This is yet another reminder of the hard truth that EA cares about, and only about, money. There are fans that can make better worlds than Lunar Lakes.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:54 AM
I like it. With SWTOR out, EA is smart to take advantage of sci-fi being on everyone's brain lately.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I found this developer, Sarah, to be a lot more tolerable than the SHT one. She and even the one next to her seemed honest with the questions (with the exception being why they didn't choose to have aliens, but I am not surprised by their absence). Sarah seemed to have actual personality and made me enjoy this video with how she gave us a decent tour and what have you. I wouldn't mind seeing her again for future projects. As adorable as I find Graham to be, I think Sarah might be my new favorite.

As for the world, I was amazed and thought it was great overall. However, it is not worth the price tag for the few things that it lacks, such as aliens, more CAS stuff, a larger rabbit hole variety, and more objects.

I totally agree with everything you said here.

Sarah seems to be really genuine while Graham's excitement always felt kinda phony to me.

And I find this world very pleasing to the eye, I hope it will be as fun to play as it was to watch. But when I think about the price my head hurts... Not even remotely accurate to the amount of content.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 1:09 AM
Well, I take the comment about space back. They seems to have taken full advantage of the space at hand. And with the rabbit holes, they seem to have done well with them, but I heard about some issues 9I was playing with the sound off - I was in class), so it's kind of hit and miss in that area. The lots are lovely (though, I'd prefer the interiors were more modern - I guess future shock can fix this) and the visual aspect is nice. There are quite a few things lacking, but I think it's nice. Not worth the price, but nice.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#47 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 1:54 AM
oooh! 0_0

Well, I like it...

I'd either prefer to have it as a holiday destination, or just have the stuff.

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 2:04 AM
While the world is a nice build I don't see the value for the price, it has very little content. The alien trees all came in the patch, there is some cool world objects that we will probably have to wait to be modded before they can be use in CAW. The world looks interesting, I like the terrain and I hope it has fewer routing issues it would make a nice desert canyon if you changed all the trees . Some futuristic content would have been nice hover cars and such.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:51 AM
^Actually, the world objects from HS are, surprisingly, in CAW, so no worries.

Except the distant terrain...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#50 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 4:32 AM
The world itself looks semi-pretty. But not worth $24.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Page 2 of 10